It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans here your views on Australians posting on ATS A few Questions:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Do americans have a low view of Australians in specific regards to conspiracy issues.
Do you view Australia as an insignificant backwater to far from where the moving and shaking of global finance and world power resides.
I have heard many americans claim Australia is not really country with an independent identity as it is tied to the british crown and has never become a republic thus forged its own identity via war of independence or civil war the way the US has.
Finally generally speaking do any of you give # what Australians think perhaps it is just me many seem to ignore me here so just curious. Also do you dislike left wing Aussies more than other Aussies.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
When I read a post a person has made, I just read that post and consider it's content. I honestly don't think twice if I see that someone is from Australia. If I see someone is from Iran, then I treat the poster with caution because I have no doubt that Iran has government propagandist agents online (there have been a few here !!). If I see someone from Canada I can't help but smile and assume that they are a hockey fan (I love hockey). But other than that, I really don't pay attention to where the poster is from unless they get 'in your face' about how evil Americans supposedly are and how great Europe supposedly is ... that kind of thing. Then I put my combat boots on and step on them ...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimordialocker

There's one Australian on this site who ruffles my petticoats

But I say, judge a man by the content of his character, not by the bridge from which he learnt to troll.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I am an American and I have been to Australia 12 times. I love Australia and the people are great. If there were one place other than America I would want to live it would be Australia, but I could never do that because I wouldn't be allowed to bring my guns. Australia... where the women outnumber the men 3 to 1, and the average Auzzie woman would easily be a 7 here in America. Yeah, what's not to like. Oh, you guys call Burger King "Hungry Jack's", but it's all poisonous GMO so I guess it doesn't matter what it's called.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But other than that, I really don't pay attention to where the poster is from unless they get 'in your face' about how evil Americans supposedly are and how great Europe supposedly is ... that kind of thing. Then I put my combat boots on and step on them ...

Ah ok but american conspiracy culture(ats) is all about attacking their own government and various institutions so if foreigners or different religions want to make you put on your combat boots(sounds aggro) how do you react to truthers whom are clearly not with the status quo. Btw you sound a tad with the status quo

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Personally, every Aussie I have known has been very cool.

I hold Australia in high regards.
I think it is a fine country with fine people.

I wouldn't let the views of one or two people dictate my view of a country or the people that live there.

When it comes to conspiracies, we are all nuts/paranoid, Australians included.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What? NO!
You guys are great.

In my mind. You're just like us. Except you have kangaroos and Koalas.
You guys are cool.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Judge not a person from whence they came, but by how stylish their tinfoil hat is made. Or I suppose how they present their case, back up their arguments, that sort of thing. Or how about this: Judge NOT! Because you have not walked their road and don't know what hell they had to go through. My hay-penny's worth.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
Do americans have a low view of Australians in specific regards to conspiracy issues.
Do you view Australia as an insignificant backwater to far from where the moving and shaking of global finance and world power resides.
I have heard many americans claim Australia is not really country with an independent identity as it is tied to the british crown and has never become a republic thus forged its own identity via war of independence or civil war the way the US has.
Finally generally speaking do any of you give # what Australians think perhaps it is just me many seem to ignore me here so just curious. Also do you dislike left wing Aussies more than other Aussies.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

I can only speak for myself, but I would not be surprised to learn that others share my views.

I don't have a low opinion of Australians, most I have met seem like pretty cool people. But as a country, I really have no opinion. Australia has no relevance to my life, so it's kind of a non issue.

I would hope Australians view me the same way. I have no bearing on your existence.

So yeah, I am indifferent when it comes to Australia. Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. But that's not really saying anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Anyone who can live with all those poisonous and maneating creatures.....

Well they are OKAY in my book!

to the Aussies.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Don't forget the gigantic huntsman spiders

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Where is Australia? You mean that big white mass on the bottom of the globe? Err....

(Sorry.. couldn't resist... )

My personal feelings are that Australia is one of the better nations in the world and largely because of that isolation of being it's very own Continent. Outside of a couple specific exceptions with individuals from there, I have a very high regard for Australian folk. A couple of friends here hail from there.

Having said that...and speaking for myself, although I think some others may share the sentiment? Where some tension arises and among the only times I really pay attention to the Mini- for location is when bashing my own nation takes on a vicious, personal edge...as if a person lives here and knows the systems by experience.

When I look to see that isn't the case ...and Australians are certainly no glaring exception, it's all over, then I do get my fur up a bit. Americans bashing other nations, where it turns vicious or personal are ALSO over the line. A few British folk made that point with brutal clarity (and had every right to) back during the English riots which started breaking out around the nation some time back. Same thing here....and that's all that comes to mind?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

but I could never do that because I wouldn't be allowed to bring my guns. Australia... where the women outnumber the men 3 to 1, and the average Auzzie woman would easily be a 7 here in America.

If that is your only reason no problem. Anyone whom wants a gun can get one criminals always get them as do ex military or similar civil servants current or serving.Its called the Black market!
As for an abundance of single women this is more to do with lifestyle choice rather than any lack of men.
Its not unique to Australia either all western nations that have taken on feminist values have the same issue women like their freedom and once they have it men are optional extras i am sure you know what I mean(caucasian women)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Not really ,Australians care little for conspiracy especially JB ideas nwo, world gov, etc.. as for paranormal or ufos even less so. Generally speaking i dont think we are as gullible even interesting as most americans with an interest in such.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't know. I've seen some pretty good threads about UFO's in Australia and such on here. On a personal note, I really, really hope to visit there in the next couple of years.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hmmm... It's odd that you would say Australians care little for conspiracy theory and even less so for UFO topics. Of course, I don't live there so I can only go by other means to judge it.....but some of the most interested and well researched material I've seen on the subject came from Australia. They also have a mature and well established community in every area of the nation for the topic.

ACUFOS - Australian / New Zealand UFO Organization Directory

Doesn't that show a pretty healthy interest and community on the topic?

* I guess by the lack of response...this wasn't the place to ask serious questions... Oh well.. It is a Rant thread, after all.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
reply to post by Darkblade71

Not really ,Australians care little for conspiracy especially JB ideas nwo, world gov, etc.. as for paranormal or ufos even less so. Generally speaking i dont think we are as gullible even interesting as most americans with an interest in such.

I thought this was where it was heading. Another troll-bait thread looking to start a flame-war.
edit on 18-6-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Australians are just like everybody else. I know a few that are really into conspiracies and their views are just as valid as anyone from anywhere else in the world. Some are really nice and some are complete jackwipes.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

yup.

Someones gotta set the trap off

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

they have to be nice
, because when the north becomes inhabitable we are the only cool country left in the south.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join