It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Million Data Collection Points in San Diego Alone...The "Truth" is Coming Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by whyamIhere

I am, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with it. There is a difference between acceptable and unacceptable the US scares me sometimes with some things, and doesn't bug me at all with others. I live in a country where I can # who I want, do what I want, own guns, smoke, pretty much live my life and I'm fine with that.

If you don't like it, do something about it. I see so many posters here on ATS bitch about the USA, there should be enough of you to topple that skinny bugger running your country anyhow.

I did not mean you can't have an opinion.

And this post is hilarious...No matter where you are from.

edit on 18-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: bad engrish

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I saw something in my local news(Florida) that some police patrol cars are being equipped with surveillance that scans every license plate it sees. My home town(Cocoa Beach) has no less than 100 cameras all over the city. It is popular to the masses because the cameras make the sheeple feel safe.

If you ever have a friend with a suspended license and they let you drive their car, be prepared to be pulled over and at the very least asked a bunch of questions.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I saw something in my local news(Florida) that some police patrol cars are being equipped with surveillance that scans every license plate it sees. My home town(Cocoa Beach) has no less than 100 cameras all over the city. It is popular to the masses because the cameras make the sheeple feel safe.

If you ever have a friend with a suspended license and they let you drive their car, be prepared to be pulled over and at the very least asked a bunch of questions.

When we lived in Jacksonville, FL, my wife had a couple of tickets we weren't aware of (well, I wasn't aware she got them
). She was at the mall and when she came out there was a cop waiting for her and they towed her car....they found it by driving around the parking lot using one of those cameras.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by kaylaluv

I guess some people are more concerned with the rights of some minority than with the privacy rights and freedoms of all US Citizens. Some people more concerned with certain lobbies of special interest than with all US Citizens.

And some people find boogey men behind every corner, and some people probably need to get therapy for their obsessions.

I knew it...It's just me being paranoid.

Seriously, the beautiful thing is we are "Free" to disagree.

Haha, so true neighbor!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

In Florida you can have your driver's license suspended and not even know it. When you get pulled over you will go to jail.

I've heard stories of people doing well over a year for simply driving on a suspended license. You can kill someone(manslaughter) and face less time. We have to support those for profit prisons somehow.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The article says this.

The center is an anti-terrorism effort for sharing information among federal, state and local government.

NO, IT'S NOT AN ANTI-TERRORISM EFFORT. It's an effort to invade private freedoms and collect as much information on every citizen in the area as possible.

Beyond that, it is claimed by the law enforcement that uses it, it's primary functions are to track and apprehend felons, child molesters and recover stolen vehicles, they don't even mention terrorism.

Who believes anything the government says anymore? Seriously, who believes a word of it? Any of it..............
edit on 18-6-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't really understand the outrage. If I am out walking around in public, anyone could look at me, right? I mean, it's not against the law to look at someone who is in a public area, right? I sit at public park benches and people-watch for hours. Am I doing something evil? If I see a man trying to abduct a child while I'm people-watching, I will do something to stop it. Is that bad?

If I am driving my car on a public road, anyone could see my license plate, right? It's not illegal to look at someone's license plate if their car is on a public street. If I am the perpetrator of a hit and run, and someone turns me in based on seeing my license plate, is that bad?

If you don't want anyone to look at you or your car, don't go or drive outside. Now, let me know when they start putting cameras in people's homes. That IS bad. But in public areas where everyone and anyone can see you anyway, I don't see the big deal.

You are assuming that the purpose of these measures is to keep our streets safer. It is not. The purpose of these measures is to increase revenue, ease of arrest and to gather data on everybody, even those who have done nothing wrong. The purpose is CONTROL. Now contrast this with the fact that you, the citizen, are not allowed to video the police in action, in an increasing number of jurisdictions. Can you not see the trend?

I do absolutely nothing wrong legally. I don't use drugs, cheat on my taxes, litter, speed or run red lights. I am beyond outraged at the tightening noose. If you are not, then I envy your bliss.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't really understand the outrage. If I am out walking around in public, anyone could look at me, right? I mean, it's not against the law to look at someone who is in a public area, right? I sit at public park benches and people-watch for hours. Am I doing something evil? If I see a man trying to abduct a child while I'm people-watching, I will do something to stop it. Is that bad?

If I am driving my car on a public road, anyone could see my license plate, right? It's not illegal to look at someone's license plate if their car is on a public street. If I am the perpetrator of a hit and run, and someone turns me in based on seeing my license plate, is that bad?

If you don't want anyone to look at you or your car, don't go or drive outside. Now, let me know when they start putting cameras in people's homes. That IS bad. But in public areas where everyone and anyone can see you anyway, I don't see the big deal.

We're not talking about your average everyday Joe, staring at you. We're talking about law enforcement using your tax dollars, to spy on you, your wife and children. Having this much private information available to your average Thug Pig, can be a dangerous thing. And it makes it easier for the court system and law enforcement to abuse their powers.

Just because you are a law abiding citizen doesn't mean you have nothing to worry about. Everyday there are PLENTY of innocent people being prosecuted for crimes they didn't commit. It's hard enough to fight the courts, now it'll be much more difficult because of the overwhelming amount of personal information they can leverage against you to mold and create ANY case against you they desire. All done without your consent.

What are we trying to hide? Our privacy!
edit on 18-6-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I'm wondering with all the cameras and related paranoia if I should get in early on the market relating to high-intensity IR LEDs. The results just might be dazzling. Not to say that it wouldn't be either, most security cameras with a "night vision" capability lack an IR filter.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I'm with you 100%.Know the feeling.
Nobody wants to listen they just think Your Nuts.
My Feeling is that now i know for sure I'm Not Crazy.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When I heard the media talking about Snowden one thing stood out. They wanted to know why he reported making $200k a year instead of $120k. He replied he worked in other departments as well. Then he went right into how he had no high school education. Now, that's one hell of a plug right there. Hey kids want to get rich...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

below the belt ad hominem

not that I wouldn't expect it

Apparently some people don't know the difference between being paranoid and being aware. Did you think that the ACLU was being paranoid when they opposed the PATRIOT Act?
edit on 18-6-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nobody likes getting spied on especially with their own tax dollars at work. Maybe the cops should stop eating so many donuts and getting fat, and focus on doing their job the old fashion way. Like patrolling the streets, giving tickets and making arrests.

Drones make war too easy. Cameras make policing too easy. Mobile phones make for distracted drivers and pedestrians. Autopilot makes flying planes too easy or sometimes too complicated. Auto this and auto that.

Get your hands dirty folks. Stop being so damm lazy and insecure.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Considering how almost everything has been corrupted, or used for nefarious reasons.. you have full confidence that watching and tracking every movement, call, key stroke of American's won't be used against them eventually?

Gosh, I wish I had taken the Blue Pill too........

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV

Considering how almost everything has been corrupted, or used for nefarious reasons.. you have full confidence that watching and tracking every movement, call, key stroke of American's won't be used against them eventually?

Gosh, I wish I had taken the Blue Pill too........

Its not about the blue pill. Its about taking the stupid pill! Red or blue makes little if any difference. We want everything easy, fast, cheap, etc. People used to earn their paycheck the hard way sweating and getting tired. Now everyone wants to work for the government or in some fancy office pushing a pencil like a geek. Companies are greedy, politicians are greedy, consumers are greedy and everything is going to hell in a handbasket. Morals and ethics have been declining each decade.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Well anyway, in terms of The Matrix, the red pill was to be aware and the blue pill was to be unaware. It was the perfect statement to match the moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Straw man tactics.

Your on the list now.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well anyway, in terms of The Matrix, the red pill was to be aware and the blue pill was to be unaware. It was the perfect statement to match the moment.

Republicans pretend to want small government but libertarians really do want a small government, and also a much more honest one. I personally don't like right wingers but it doesn't mean I agree with everything left either.

The matrix was a great movie but it was years ago I saw it and forgot most of the plot. Funny how so much science fiction stuff gets proven fact a few years down the road ain't it? I imagine ufos and aliens will be proven fact as well 20-30 years from now if not sooner.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Repubs are just as on board with this NSA snooping and cameras everywhere. It's just one area I disagree with on the platform. That is why I'm Tea Party...means taxed enough already but it could also be snooped on enough already or enough of everything already.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Funny how so much science fiction stuff gets proven fact a few years down the road ain't it?

Yep the Matrix movies were brilliant commentary on what is happening for real, and savvy for couching it in information technology terms.

Minority Report is another one ahead of it's time by just a few years.

Children of Men will probably also prove to be just a bit ahead.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join