It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Su-35 at Paris

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yea, quite frankly beacuse the F-15 is a older gen plane. It's been upgradred but now it's losing alot in DACT.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribox12

It always has. The F-16 for years owned the F-15 in ACM. They didn't do much better against the Hornet. And this was back in the 80s and 90s, before the restrictions were put on them.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yea

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ribox12

The DACT exercise was in the UAE between the Rafale and the Raptor. There was at least one confirmed "kill" by the Raptor and perhaps two. They were WVR and the Rafale failed to score a kill.

Re breaking the "rules", if my understanding is correct, the engagements increase in difficulty as the training squadron progresses in ability. In the more difficult exercises, the blue force, the "trainers" are allowed to 'regen", after having been "killed", just like the video games.

Apparently, the F-18 assumed regen when he wasn't allowed one. I'm not 100% sure about that one though

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

The red team at redflag regen all the time if they have the fuel. You can hear the audio here on gariacs website. www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Zaph, that's a great point. The F-15 real world results are a lot different than DACT. Just ask the Indian pilots of the SU-30s that were thoroughly waxed by F-15s at Mountain Home before Red Flag 2004 when they took the leashes off the 15s.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Ah, OK. I didn't know that. I was under the impression it was an unauthorzed regen. Maybe someone's mistaken post that I read.

thanks for the fix, I'm just a dumb-ass trucker....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Well The UAE training flights could very well be different rules than red flag though. Just depends.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm sure their rules were different. That DACT was, I believe, as much a promo for the Rafale and EF as the UAE was looking to buy one of them.

Still, I made that point based on the fact there were no kills of the Raptor at that event, as reported by the French and the U.S.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The French made sure to release the gun camera footage. He had to work to get into position to take the shot.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Where is the video zaphod?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Was on my phone earlier, which is a pain in the ass to copy and paste on. There you go. The actual gun camera stuff starts about 2:20 or so.
edit on 6/30/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
YES! That was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time..

So smooth looking, man I love jets too...

It almost looked like it was just floating in the sky sometimes..

wow..Thanks bro..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Zaph, I saw that picture. I'm betting it was post action. Apparently, there were a few "draws". Bingo fuel?

The links on F-16 net connected to French sites that were positive about the outcome but hadn't had a win against the Raptor.

Who knows...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Lol did you see how many times he stalled? On another note, those aren't the external fuel tanks the raptor uses when he's equipped with them. They are faceted. Lol. But that pilot was trying like hell just to get a shot on him. Awesome video.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

So the Raptor uses faceted, stealthy, external tanks?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I know they were tested at one point. During the early 2000s during the testing

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hey Boomer,

During your time in service did you ever hear or see anything to do with the development of a stealthy missile for an aircraft?

I've read about the program Have Dash and it seems to have been cancelled but we all know what that could mean

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber

Hey Boomer,

During your time in service did you ever hear or see anything to do with the development of a stealthy missile for an aircraft?

I've read about the program Have Dash and it seems to have been cancelled but we all know what that could mean

HAVE DASH II was said to have studied a trapezoid shaped missile to replace the AAMRAM 120 like the wiki page said, but one thing I can't comment on would be missiles. Shadowhawk or zaphod might be able to tell you more. I'm still held to some NDAs.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No worries, I wouldn't wanna get you in trouble or anything just to satisfy my curiosity lol one other thing you mentioned was that the F-22 was testing faceted external tanks, I looked up on these and couldn't find anything at all, if they were flying out with these they'd have to be pretty careful with people getting pictures, but since I can't find any I'd say they have been anyways.

I was trying to find a patent from Lockheed on them and came across this one (not from Lockheed) you might be interested in reading; Air to air arming

I have no idea whether or not it would actually work but it's interesting nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join