It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...and i turned from the shadows dancing on the cave wall to see the light of day for the first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi, I have been a long time viewer of the often interesting, and sometimes debatable topics that this wonderful website has to offer. I would like to consider myself an open minded, yet healthily skeptical person; who is oh so very tired of what our mainstream media and educational institutes are telling us. I have put off joining this group for a long time, as i have been a happy spectator of the topics and issues that are brought forth for consideration. However, due to certain realizations i have made within a relatively short amount of time, i realize that this is no longer a viable option. If we are to make a change to the world we leave those that come after us, then we have to start with ourselves. It is pointless turning away from the shadows on the cave wall that we take for reality, looking into the sun, and realizing what our existence actually means; if we are not going to go back into the cave and tell our fellow captives, that what they are being shown is not reality, but merely an illusion. I look forward to finally being able to get involved with the discussions that take place here, and i really hope that someone can challenge my preconceptions and maybe prove me wrong...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by catharsis23

Welcome into the light, although sometimes you might run across someone here that thinks that they have made it into the light, only for you to discover that they have actually only traveled further off into the world of the very dazed and confused

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Welcome to the Asylum You'll find some of the most sane people here, and some nutty bars too.

I look forward to your contributions.....

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

lol so don't feed the trolls?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

catharsis23, welcome to ATS 1 wishes you the best in finding the objective clarity thru challenges that can only refine the subjective observations of ALL*

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

salutations to you too Ophicuchus

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hi catharsis23, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012),

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Greetings and welcome. May your time be long.
I like nuts.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
love your signature light speed driver, rage f****** rule

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the rabbit hole from a fellow nut.

I hope your stay is long and enjoyable.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

thank you Cirque, may we all fall through the rabbit hole together and see how deep it goes

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Wow. You're crazy.....very cool.....welcome to my insanity.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Do I really come across as that nuts?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by catharsis23
Do I really come across as that nuts?

Yes.

Don't worry. Around here that's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by catharsis23
Hi, I have been a long time viewer of the often interesting, and sometimes debatable topics that this wonderful website has to offer. I would like to consider myself an open minded, yet healthily skeptical person; who is oh so very tired of what our mainstream media and educational institutes are telling us. I have put off joining this group for a long time, as i have been a happy spectator of the topics and issues that are brought forth for consideration. However, due to certain realizations i have made within a relatively short amount of time, i realize that this is no longer a viable option. If we are to make a change to the world we leave those that come after us, then we have to start with ourselves. It is pointless turning away from the shadows on the cave wall that we take for reality, looking into the sun, and realizing what our existence actually means; if we are not going to go back into the cave and tell our fellow captives, that what they are being shown is not reality, but merely an illusion. I look forward to finally being able to get involved with the discussions that take place here, and i really hope that someone can challenge my preconceptions and maybe prove me wrong...
Wow that's one of the best New Member Intro's I've read on this site. Welcome! You won't be sorry you made the leap into our collective pool. It's a bit of a time-suck. But you won't be sorry! Live long and prosper...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

thanks, that was really nice, just trying to do something productive with my insomnia

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Very nice intro, topped off with a delicious title.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If we change the world, ie, raise it up and the memory veil falls away in the process, the whole curtain on this realm will dissolve, and we advance.

Not to say another school or version of earth won't occur.

But there are countless versions of earth already, timelines and real realms with other people.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi there catharsis23,

Welcome to you.

Your introduction is very impressive. It seems you also have been waking up.
Check my Introduction entry from yesterday called "Only the truth is reality".
I am started my search on how deep "the rabbit hole" goes.

I have been Holding back for a Long time. But now it is the time. Finally.

Keep searching and never give up.

Sincerly Kalluk

new topics

top topics

join