It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Lil Wayne Tramples American Flag In New Music Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

WTF!?!?!

I used to listen to Lil Wayne, but not now. He can GTFO for all I care.

The article states that the flag starts out waving, then is dropped to the ground while Lil Wayne raps and walks all over it.

Source

edit on 17-6-2013 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is a good chance that the flag he trampled on was made in China.

Ironic isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
yet somehow...somehow... he gets millions of hits

i dont get it anymore....his original fan base has worn thin
he can stick with the fical new ones he has

basically...musically he is irrelevant
people watch him for all the wrong reasons... dude needs to fix up

edit on 17-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
tramples? come on now that's a little extreme maybe inadvertently steps on is a little more accurate

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I mean, I get it. I get how it can make someone mad. But it was a shoot for a music video. So its not like he was like ha, I trampled your flag. I bet in the video the flag drops and disappears with either an image of something, or just all the people lined up behind him for the purpose of the video.
Again, i get how it can upset some people, as famous people are always in the public eye, but I would believe it is unintentional and had no real meaning behind it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

WTF!?!?!

I used to listen to Lil Wayne, but not now. He can GTFO for all I care.

The article states that the flag starts out waving, then is dropped to the ground while Lil Wayne raps and walks all over it.

Source

edit on 17-6-2013 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

I'm upset that this happened and as disrespectful as it was, this is the freedom our men are fighting for. I believe trampling the flag falls under free speech, but it's been long time since college, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Do I agree with it? Heck no!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
I mean, I get it. I get how it can make someone mad. But it was a shoot for a music video. So its not like he was like ha, I trampled your flag. I bet in the video the flag drops and disappears with either an image of something, or just all the people lined up behind him for the purpose of the video.
Again, i get how it can upset some people, as famous people are always in the public eye, but I would believe it is unintentional and had no real meaning behind it.

Sadly I hate to disagree. He was shooting a music video for a song with anti-American lyrics. (Or I'm ashamed of my country lyrics.) I guess it depends on interpretation.

God Bless Amerika lyrics:

My country 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of kill 'em all and let 'em die

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anyafaj

Originally posted by Anyafaj
I'm upset that this happened and as disrespectful as it was, this is the freedom our men are fighting for.

Seriously? There are people who think we're "fighting for our freedoms" in Iraq and Afghanistan (and now Syria)???? This country hasn't "fought for our freedoms" for many years and many wars. We fight for power, domination and cold, hard cash.

As far as Lil Wayne... it's freedom of speech. If you REALLY support the first amendment, you support it for everyone and every expression. That's what freedom is. Freedom for those with whom you disagree, as well as those with whom you agree.

I read the lyrics... It's pretty scattered, but to me, the act makes sense. He's frustrated with our country and its current state (aren't we all?). I may not express my frustration the same as he does (in fact, I guarantee I won't), but it's his right and I support it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I like to listen to the cheesy songs by Lil Wayne. Like most entertainers he is just popular because he knows how to market himself. I wouldn't have a panic attack for him trampling on the American flag. I do value constructive criticism against America. But most of the people in the media just do it to sell whatever. I wouldn't fret over Lil Wayne. Ignore him and he'll go away.

top topics

join