It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil is waking up - a fight against corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but last week a huge wave of protests is happening here in Brazil. Today, around 200k people went to the streets to fight against abusive collective transport taxes, corruption and a lot more.

Here are some images of the movement (site is in portuguese, but you can get the idea from the images):

Protest images

National Congress:

This happening today (17th), around the main cities in Brazil, including: Rio, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte and others. The Brazilian part of Anonymous also hacked many of the main media sites. This is a great day, hopefully something will change.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you guys. I don`t know how the media around the world is picturing this.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taunos

I read about this today here:

The Brazilian government had been preparing for a long time for these sports events as well as for the protests that could arise. As we have reported before, the Brazilian regime increased its purchase of weapons from Israeli military manufacturers to a point that turned it into one of the largest purchasers of military equipment in recent years. The government of the state of Rio Grande do Sul is working with Israeli military contractors to establish a military hub in Rio Grande do Sul, where weapons such as drones will be produced.
www.thedailysheeple.com...

It seems like the same pattern we see around the world…people get a clue, people try to rise up, people get subdued, more power is gained by the controllers, and the cycle repeats.

There is no such thing as coincidence. We’re seeing a game of world “Monopoly” play out and we all (well, most of us) know what happens in Monopoly; most people enjoy the game right up to the point THEY’RE OUT!!

Scary times! I'd love to hear some inside scoop from our members who live in that area.........

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The bus fair is toooo damn high!!!

Good for the brazilian people fighting tyranny..

I wonder why brazil is picking on the people taking the bus when all their
politicians are in the pockets of coke dealers and mobsters..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes, these are indeed scary times.

The Brazilian government always try to show how well our economy is, but that could not be farther from the truth. The inflation rates are out of control, prices are rising everyday and everyone is nervous about the future. These sport events are nothing but a feeble attempt to impress the world, to show how well the country is doing.

But all that show has a cost, overpriced stadiums and public works, not to mention corruption embezzling funds all over. All states are in huge debt, with no investments in education, public security, health or anything related to citizen welfare. I'll give you an example of how all this sport events are made mostly for tourists: The ticket to watch a Brazil match, during the group stage, costs over 1000 bucks for us...

Here in Rio, every single day, on the news all we see is how the crime rate increased, number of robberies followed by a murderer skyrocketed, that you should avoid going to place x or y. Really, it is really scary to walk around here (and I gotta say, if you are a tourist be ready to have a target on your back). And this is not limited to Rio...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

The media here is picturing this as a movement against the bus fair, but, in reality, it just started with that. Now the protest include other issues, but the media is trying to picture this as a minor movement.

Anything to keep everyone on the leash.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Taunos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Taunos

I posted in another thread, I didnt realise we had a resident of Rio right here

Things are heating up over there, good for you guys!

here is how the bbc are covering it -

As Monday's protests gathered strength, demonstrators in the capital, Brasilia, breached the high security area of the national congress building, climbing onto the roof of the Oscar Niemeyer-designed structure. In Sao Paulo, some 65,000 people brought the country's largest city to a standstill, as police stood by and watched.

Link to bbc

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Jaw dropping image.
Brazilians are protesting about high spend and transport, it would be nice to see if America could have done the same peaceful protesting when they discovered they are living in a surveillance state
But looks like complaining or protesting the infringement on constitutional rights is limited to keyboard cowboys.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Great to see that it got the attention of the international media.

I gotta say, Rio was kinda messed up today. I took 2:30 hours to get home from work. But I really don't care, as long as something change and people wake up. The politics ruling the country now are destroying everything that made Brazil a strong economy.

Did you guys know that in Brazil a prisoner earns more money than a Master degree candidate (it is called convict support)? Or that every family that does not earn the minimum wage, gets a money support for every child they have? - You must be thinking: "well that is nice", but it isn't. Those (and many other social benefits) are only made to get votes, there is no incentive to teach these people a job so they can support themselves, they actually live from that free money. People, make new babies no-stop to get more money...do you see where this is going?

There is a whole lot more, I could spend hours posting about the endless social benefits you get here. And how most of the beneficiaries are exploiting the system...The hole is soooo deep...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taunos
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Great to see that it got the attention of the international media.

I gotta say, Rio was kinda messed up today. I took 2:30 hours to get home from work. But I really don't care, as long as something change and people wake up. The politics ruling the country now are destroying everything that made Brazil a strong economy.

Did you guys know that in Brazil a prisoner earns more money than a Master degree candidate (it is called convict support)? Or that every family that does not earn the minimum wage, gets a money support for every child they have? - You must be thinking: "well that is nice", but it isn't. Those (and many other social benefits) are only made to get votes, there is no incentive to teach these people a job so they can support themselves, they actually live from that free money. People, make new babies no-stop to get more money...do you see where this is going?

There is a whole lot more, I could spend hours posting about the endless social benefits you get here. And how most of the beneficiaries are exploiting the system...The hole is soooo deep...

Thank you for your first hand reporting. I think the U.S, Government is taking lessons from your Country...the same damn things are happening here. It's now one big, falling down the tubes, welfare state. I think people who really need assistance, should have access to it, for a limited time. Long enough for them to get job training, and a job. Not as a lifestyle, that is passed onto the next generation. It's a real mess here too.

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
with live streams

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join