It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Squatting Man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Nice Youtube link. Thanks for that..

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by purplemer
www.theplasmaverse.com...

Maybe sometime in the past an event took place that lit the skies up.

Peratt surmised that a surge of power in the currents driving the auroras had set off the sequence of instabilities. The entire pre-historical sky around the globe would have appeared to come alive with a shimmering, shining “enhanced aurora” that stretched from pole to pole. It would have featured exactly those abstract figures and stick men and strange animal-like shapes that appear only in rock art and in high-energy plasma discharges. He contends that the ancient artists were witnesses to this “enhanced aurora

If this event took place I wonder what the effect would have been on mankind.. The event is believed to have taken place between 4000-12000 years ago.

(headdesk)

He has no idea what he's talking about. Yes, he's a marvelous physicist, but his idea that he can sort of intuit cultural anthropology by simply looking at rock art images is... as bad as thinking that I could look at images of high energy discharges and announce a theory of plasma.

One of those images is of a woman giving birth. Several of the images are women (genital identification) and the dots are representational breasts. Some of them are men... but not all of them are.

This is something he'd know if he studied cultural anthropology.

To assume the images all have the same meaning and were created at the same time is an error in research.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

Out of curiosity....... the people who conducted the studies on these rock images...... why was it that enough people agreed that what they said was the truth... that it was the correct assumption?
What were their basis for those claims and what was the evidence so that you are now able to refer to them as the proper explanation.

To be honest.... I think a lot of antropologists are so full of # and the majority of them are back padders just aching to get acknowledged in what they do even though they don't have a clue.

If you pass down bu lls hit from the beginning, what you have now is very very very destilled bu lls hit.

That's the problem with history and theoretical science, it's not recorded; it's made.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Saturn as the Original Sun....I don't even know what to say....that flies in the face of every observable fact we know about our Solar System. It's just too far flung for someone educated in the sciences to grasp. It seems to make for good science fiction though.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
It's a dance maneuver....

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Totally obvious to me, that a person had to get naked and squat to use the stargates.

Guys, I don't know where you got your Ph.D's, but to me it's clearly a divinity that can yo yo with two yo yos at a time...

So the yo yo was invented in the 1920's? Yeah right, clearly a case of ancient technology...

Too bad this thread came to be about plasma, while the theme of reoccurring symbols all over the world is an interesting one.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

You are so right, the theme of recurring world wide symbols is extremely interesting.
I don't know about the plasma thing but the spirals and such seem aimed at something connected with the sky and things being seen in the sky would explain them being recorded in various places at the same time.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Out of curiosity....... the people who conducted the studies on these rock images...... why was it that enough people agreed that what they said was the truth... that it was the correct assumption?

If you mean the plasma research people, I have no idea.

If you mean rock art, it's because anthropologists talked to the tribes who made the artwork. They also traced themes and art styles back in time (good example that I know of is the image of the "shaman" in Trans-Pecos rock art, which has certain elements in common but which changes with certain groups and time periods.) Hawaiian rock art is also reasonably well documented and known (one of those examples is Hawaiian.)

To be honest.... I think a lot of antropologists are so full of # and the majority of them are back padders just aching to get acknowledged in what they do even though they don't have a clue.

You might enjoy going on one of the public paleontology or field archaeology schools and talking to real anthropologists and paleontologists who are doing the research. Find out how it's done and how they come to those conclusions.

It's a lot different than websites lead you to believe.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

The Rock Art it well out of remit for me. Could you explain to me how such similar depictions have found themselves in different parts of the earth. The two points under the arms is distinctive. Did they all share the same god or something.

There are several things going on there.

A number of the images are actually female (genitalia shown as a loop or two short marks descending from the juncture of hips and body) and the dots may represent breasts. In one image, the circle is actually a cropped part of a bigger design element (you're not seeing the whole piece of art.)

And in another couple of pieces, frankly, I don't know. I would have to see where it came from and what the other symbols were around there.

In the case of Trans-Pecos culture, those circles would actually be "medicine pouches" (we have rock art of the rabbit eared shaman and cougar shamans) and yes, they are shown with a medicine pouch made of cactus leaf (de-spined, of course) under each arm. The panther shaman here has one under the left (your right) arm: www.next1000.com... (I realize you may not recognize those figures as human/shamans but it's well established that this is what they are.)

More on the styles of the Lower-Pecos/Trans-Pecos art here:
www.texasbeyondhistory.net...

(sorry that this is my only and best example, but it's the one I studied most.)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You might enjoy going on one of the public paleontology or field archaeology schools and talking to real anthropologists and paleontologists who are doing the research. Find out how it's done and how they come to those conclusions.

It's a lot different than websites lead you to believe.

Now Byrd if you remove all the mystery and romance from how the fringe looks at archies and anthros and their blaming them for all the 'sparklies' not being accepted what will they do then?

However I did once work with an Assyriologist who was the living example of the previous statement above - fortunately such people are rare.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I am not sure but some squatting men are women.

child birth

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

While yo yoing?

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Any relation between Squatting Man and this Mars Phenomenon?

gardener

from ats thread:

Electric Mars afterglow, Grid drill during Mercury, & Earth, Lit up like Xmas tree?
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread977364/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Nice work!

This is the Dogon "Kanaga" symbol; a representation of the Orion constellation. The sumarian god Marduk also held the same symbol in his right hand. Both are depicted here.

-MM

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

The Rock Art it well out of remit for me. Could you explain to me how such similar depictions have found themselves in different parts of the earth. The two points under the arms is distinctive. Did they all share the same god or something.

There are several things going on there.

A number of the images are actually female (genitalia shown as a loop or two short marks descending from the juncture of hips and body) and the dots may represent breasts. In one image, the circle is actually a cropped part of a bigger design element (you're not seeing the whole piece of art.)

And in another couple of pieces, frankly, I don't know. I would have to see where it came from and what the other symbols were around there.

In the case of Trans-Pecos culture, those circles would actually be "medicine pouches" (we have rock art of the rabbit eared shaman and cougar shamans) and yes, they are shown with a medicine pouch made of cactus leaf (de-spined, of course) under each arm. The panther shaman here has one under the left (your right) arm: www.next1000.com... (I realize you may not recognize those figures as human/shamans but it's well established that this is what they are.)

More on the styles of the Lower-Pecos/Trans-Pecos art here:
www.texasbeyondhistory.net...

(sorry that this is my only and best example, but it's the one I studied most.)

You seem to be missing the overall point. It does not matter what the primitive tribes called the various aspects of the symbol its that fact that the symbols are the SAME! They are in the same configuration and have the same elements. A squatting stick figure with arms raised and two dots at its right and left.
The argument made by the theory is that these cultures represented something that they all saw in the sky in the very distant past. They obviously all came up with a diverse mythology to explain the symbol.
What should be the most obvious evidence that they all witnessed something is that fact that the symbol IS consistent but has different mythological explanations to explain it. Why would one tribe depict the figure and call it a female and the two dots breasts and a different tribe draw the exact same basic figure and call it a medicine man with two medicine pouches? Why would the female not have the two dots closer to her body to represent breasts? Why would it be lacking the wide hips most often associated with the pregnant female? Why would the medicine man lack a headdress? Why would these two symbols not be depicted in completely different ways if they were supposed to be a medicine man and a female birth symbol? The answer is because the names and mythology came AFTER seeing the symbol not before. These tribes did not come up with the stories and myths and THEN draw the symbols, just happening by coincidence to draw the same symbol. They saw the symbol and then came up with the stories to describe what they saw.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I know some of you here are not working for Government agencies. So I will be replying to you. (in a strangely genius way we are all working for them anytime we post something on here - or reply or talk to someone about anything that raises serious questions/concerns)

I have been obsessed with understanding the Electric Universe for over a year now. And I can humbly say that it is the BIG TOE (Theory of Everything) that everyone has been searching for. It can show you not only the level of absolute deception we have been under for 6000+ years - But shed light on the actual design of God. It has completely changed my life.

The biggest mistake you can make is to apply the way our world is today - on the past.

There are hundreds of mysteries to our world that simply can be explained by utilizing the above ideology. Everythign from how Homo Sapians came to be. Our relationship to ancestors - our relationship to nature. The creation and extinction of Megafauna and Gigantisism. Explanations as to why Saturn Worship and Maritime Admiral Law are so influential and pervasive in our everyday lives. Who built the ancient monoliths and why. A lifetime of knowledge and understanding is at your fingertips. But make no mistake the disclosure has been orchestrated. We have been allowed to know. To what end I don't know. I don't know if we should be terrified or optimistic.

Recreating the Duat on earth is your entire idea of history. It shapes your entire daily life. Every flag. Every symbol. Every War of the Worlds. Know it.

edit on 11-8-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

originally posted by: purplemer
Wanted to share the Squatting Man...
Great topic and I would like to point out that the squatting man glyphs are but one of many petroglyphs identified as plasma discharges.

Eighty-four distinct high-energy-density Z-pinch categories have been identified in petroglyphs, nearly all of which belong to the archaic [50] class. Only a small percentage of these petroglyphs, or parts of petroglyph patterns, do not fall into any of these categories.
The link below shows several examples.
Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity

Here is a link to part two that deals with orientation and locations;
Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II: Directionality and Source

edit on 1/6/2016 by Devino because: added link

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

He has no idea what he's talking about. Yes, he's a marvelous physicist, but his idea that he can sort of intuit cultural anthropology by simply looking at rock art images is... as bad as thinking that I could look at images of high energy discharges and announce a theory of plasma.
How do you think a theory for plasma discharges came about? I don't mean you looking up but perhaps someone like Kristian Birkeland.

This is far from simply looking at a few petroglyphs.

Orientation and field-of-view data are given as surveyed and contributed from 139 countries, from sites and fields containing several millions of these objects
Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II: Directionality and Source

One of those images is of a woman giving birth. Several of the images are women (genital identification) and the dots are representational breasts. Some of them are men... but not all of them are.
Anthropologists see anthropomorphic images and plasma physicists see plasma discharges. Who is correct? Keep in mind we are talking about millions of glyphs from around the world, not just a couple, and more than one type of plasma discharge shape.

Part I focused primarily, but not exclusively, on petroglyphs of some 84 different morphologies: pictures found in laboratory experiments and carved on rock.
Part 1 is linked in the post above.

To assume the images all have the same meaning and were created at the same time is an error in research.
I think the error would be to comment on material one has not yet read. I don’t know if you are at all interested in this topic or if you have read Anthony Peratt’s linked PDF’s but, if you have, I would love to ‘hear your thoughts’.

At first I considered this a novel idea yet after reading Peratt's papers I'm not sure what to think. Very interesting topic indeed.

edit on 1/6/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
So, are all the figures the same age? If so, then maybe the people who drew them all saw the same thing in the sky.
At best it's difficult to date rock art but this is basically the theory. An event happened in the past that was observed and recorded by ancient humans.

Petroglyphs, “rock art,” are thought to date back to the Pleistocene and Paleolithic—the earliest markings by man on rock. While the dating of petroglyphs has been a high priority for all who study or record them, there exists no consensus that an absolute age can be attached to any one pre-Colombian petroglyph.

Differing exposures to the elements leads to differing durability, coloration of the rocks patina or desert varnish (a natural coating of manganese, iron oxides, and clay minerals), and lichen overgrowth. The uncovering of the Glorieta Mesa and Rowe Mesa horizontal petroglyph sites from under one meter of earth near Santa Fe, NM might give the best indication of the ages of some petroglyphs. Campfire remnants some centimeters above the petroglyphs suggest that they are at least 4000 years old.

If the figures aren't all the same age, that must mean the same display reappeared in the sky several times over several hundred years. What was it and why isn't it there now?
From what I have read it seems that many glyphs were carved and recarved several times which indicates a reoccurring or an ongoing event.

The known plasma and shockwave instability types, when scaled from experimental to space plasma dimensions, suggests an intense auroral event lasting at least a few centuries. The newer concentrics, especially those with inner patterns (not shown) and the unwinding spirals provide information about the final cessation of intense incoming plasma flux. On the other hand, the ancient concentrics and spirals, the remains of some having been cut and carved 8 cm deep in granite, suggests that intense auroral events were a common occurrence for at least a few centuries if not millennia. The patterns are representative of a long-term period of typically quiescent aurora.

As far as what it was and why it isn't there now;

It is found that a great many archaic petroglyphs can be classified according to plasma stability and instability data. As the same morphological types are found worldwide, the comparisons suggest the occurrence of an intense aurora, as might be produced if the solar wind had increased between one and two orders of magnitude, millennia ago.
What could have caused the Sun's solar wind to increase to such a degree is a very intriguing question.

While primitives were scrawling figures on rocks, were there any civilisations in any part of the world that left records of such displays in the sky?
I believe there were but these myths are ambiguous and have never been considered a reliable or usable source of an ancient celestial record.

Source links;
Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity

Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current Z -Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II: Directionality and Source

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

How do you think a theory for plasma discharges came about? I don't mean you looking up but perhaps someone like Kristian Birkeland.

No clue, but I can say that it was not by studying the cultures in any depth.

Anthropologists see anthropomorphic images and plasma physicists see plasma discharges. Who is correct?

The people who made the images. There's a lot of traditional information about what these representations are from the people who made them and their descendants. If they say that these images are people and some were made by their grandparents, why would you think that their grandparents are mistaking plasma for people?

Furthermore, you're seeing these images out of context. Seen in context (grouped with drawings of animals, tools, weapons, magical designs, etc) they look very different.

I think the error would be to comment on material one has not yet read. I don’t know if you are at all interested in this topic or if you have read Anthony Peratt’s linked PDF’s but, if you have, I would love to ‘hear your thoughts’.

I was involved with the Texas Rock Art Society about a decade ago and did some fairly intense study on petroglyphs and pictographs when getting a Master's in Anthropology a decade ago and documented a California site that interested me.

I also dragged my poor tolerant family off to hunt for the "Kapua and the Chief's son" petroglyphs in Hawaii when we visited there. It took quite a bit of research, but I did find them after all.

It's a fascinating field and one that is open to researchers willing to take a camera out to sites and document them for posterity.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I think the error would be to comment on material one has not yet read.

So, you've read all the anthropological material written about rock carvings and artwork from around the world?

The reason I ask is that you seem to have no qualms commenting about that.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
The history of Kristian Birkeland’s work is very interesting in my opinion. He formed a theory of the aurora borealis being an interaction with the Sun and was ridiculed for it. Satellites eventually proved him correct.

Who is correct?

The people who made the images. There's a lot of traditional information about what these representations are from the people who made them and their descendants. If they say that these images are people and some were made by their grandparents, why would you think that their grandparents are mistaking plasma for people?
I wouldn’t. My question has to do with the glyphs thought to be 4000+ years old. Who made these? There are massive amounts of glyphs just in the American southwest and I understand that dating of them is a problem. In your study have you found any way of confirming dates? Could the styles be an indication of age or era?

Furthermore, you're seeing these images out of context. Seen in context (grouped with drawings of animals, tools, weapons, magical designs, etc) they look very different.
I don’t really have an opinion on this subject since I have only seen a handful of glyphs in person but am following up on Peratt’s paper. The few petroglyphs I have actually visited showed very odd shaped stick figures with bazaar squiggly lines coming out of their hands and odd shaped heads sometimes resembling a duck. I took a few pictures but they did not turn out well.
Many glyphs have a cluster of odd shaped people and animal looking things surrounded by unrecognizable shapes. It’s hard to put these into any context, in my opinion, that’s why I’m asking.

I was involved with the Texas Rock Art Society about a decade ago and did some fairly intense study on petroglyphs and pictographs when getting a Master's in Anthropology a decade ago and documented a California site that interested me.
I surmised as much by reading your posts throughout the years on this site and to be honest I got a little excited to see you participating in this thread.

It's a fascinating field and one that is open to researchers willing to take a camera out to sites and document them for posterity.
I agree and one that is fast becoming a hobby of mine, not as if I don’t already have more hobbies than I can shack a stick at.

I understand if you aren’t interested in reading Peratt’s work on this subject but I would love to learn what you think of it. The first PDF, linked below, pertains to glyphs, Peratt’s comparison to plasma discharges and his general theory. The second has more to do with location and orientation. I’ll link the first in the hopes you might want to read it. Thanks for your time Byrd.

edit on 1/7/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join