It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden's Dad Pleads to Son: Don't Commit Treason, Come Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This entire ' American Freedom' thing gets me!

People dont even have privacy anymore, let alone freedom.

the government watches everything you do without your permission, and with no repercussions to them.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Can the American people not see the irony? The US government is actively supporting a terrorist organization Al-Qaeda in Syria, gives military grade weapons to the drug cartels, illegally attacked both Iraq and Afghanistan via false pretenses, murders civilians with drones and even its own citizens. Is actively backing the overthrow of legitimate governments and the murder of their leadership. Conducts illegal activity both internally as well as internationally and a myriad of other illegal and even treasonous activities and they are pointing the finger at Snowden.

They are only mad because he spilled the beans on their activities. It's one thing to go after a person that has divulged information when the government is clean but when the government itself is 7 times the dirty dog he is reported to be. They need to remain quiet and accept their exposure and guilt. The Statue of Liberty needs to put out the torch light and hide her face in shame for there is no freedom there. Only a deluded people that eat at the government swill trough and drink the governments cool aid.

Maybe Snowden hoped that the government would see the error of its ways and take measures to correct itself. Sadly this is not the case, their only intent is to use his father to try and entice him to return so that they can silence the messenger that has called them out on the evil they do.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This dad has a "knife to his throat" . In other words they have threatened his life. Spin is the game. This guy is selling out his own life for his son. I can't say I'd blame him, but I value my children and ethics far more than my own life. If it were "my" son, i would defend him and allow him to keep doing what is best in the name of justice, no matter what the cost. Even if it means I must die by the hands of tyrants.

I might be a dying breed, but someone has to stand up to this BS.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Unmask The Deception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
What do you gues think? Is this really what his dad feels? Was his father made to say this or is it completely fabricated as a psyop against Snowden?

If it's fabricated, Snowden's dad will go public to correct it. Let me know when that happens.

I even have my doubts about Snowden. I'm not completely sure he isn't pulling one over on the US citizens as it is to deter future leakers and make us aware of the surveillance, because what good is it in changing peoples behavior if they don't know about it?

Good point. But hey, what would you expect from a guy who's happy to commit treason?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f
I just read the transcripts from Edwards interview that is still on going on Zero Hedge. Most of the responses are supportive of this man, he did the right thing, and if you read his responses you will find this guy is a "true american" and a "hero" not what the government house organs (Cnn, Msnbc, Bloomberg, Fox and the WallStreet Journal paint him to be.

I really enjoyed the criticism that he was a non high school graduate, well if you read his responses you will find he is better spoken than 90% of Americans. The one thing I think he has going for him, is that it is going to be tough for the Government and the Obama Administration to slander this guy. He is truly believable.

Like he said regarding Cheney calling him a traitor . . . "there is no higher honor than to have the likes of Chaney brand an American as a Traitor", and I agree, Chaney is a draft dodger,and as this man says, is responsible for killing 4,000 Americans, and having 32,000 wounded, and over 100,000 Iraqi's killed. It is Cheney that should be sitting in the docket for treason.

If you read this mans responses to the open questions he is being asked on the Guardian web site, you will see that it is our government that is the liar not this American Patriot. adios amigos. John

Thank you for letting me know about the Q&A. I've saved all related links into my toolbar so I can read them later.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Some Dad;is he dedicated to his son?Or is he succumbing to criminals?my son would come first no if 's and's or butt's.It seems as though peoples loyalty is no longer worth much;And this guy's is at rock bottom.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

it isn't treason grow up,and think before you speak.treason is what is going on in the gov.. on many levels now,and has been since the bush error.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Snowden hasn't committed treason that's just propaganda because the US government was embarrassed he revealed information on NSA activities where they are wire tapping on people, with out due reason or warrants. Lets hope that people don't fall for such a diversion because its sets a precedent then for elements of government to operate outside of statutory laws and constitution.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Check out this 32 year veteran of the NSA Chief W. Binney:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well he'd be better off visiting his son in Iceland than seeing him pushed into and pulled out of a car.
His father would know better.. it' very suspect.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join