It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

“Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence

A recap into the advances of “Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence.

Perhaps could this be the next, in the works or already active information to be exposed to the public in the light of NSA/PRISM spying? Will it explain how farther the advances have come? The article shared, as well as an ATS shared sources, recaps older news sources that explain "pre crime" Artificial Intelligence.

The Next NSA Spying Shoe to Drop: “Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence

NSA Building Big Brother “Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence Program

NSA spying whistleblower Edward Snowden’s statements have been verified.

Reporter Glenn Greenwald has promised numerous additional disclosures from Snowden.

What other revelations are coming?

The Timeline

• 2007/ 2008

A new article( PDF ) by investigative reporter Christopher Ketcham reveals, a governmental unit operating in secret and with no oversight whatsoever is gathering massive amounts of data on every American and running artificial intelligence software to predict each American’s behavior, including “what the target will do, where the target will go, who it will turn to for help”. More continued at source

PBS Nova reported

The National Security Agency (NSA) is developing a tool that George Orwell’s Thought Police might have found useful: an artificial intelligence system designed to gain insight into what people are thinking.

ATS
Precrime device being tested by Homeland Security in Northeast US - "‘Malintent detection’ technology tested in the northeast United States" - www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS Report: Raytheon built Minority Report-like system
www.abovetopsecret.com...

WND

World Net Daily’s Aaron Klein reported earlier this month:

In February, the Sydney Morning Herald reported the Massachusetts-based multinational corporation, Raytheon – the world’s fifth largest defense contractor – had developed a “Google for Spies” operation.

Herald reporter Ryan Gallagher wrote that Raytheon had “secretly developed software capable of tracking people’s movements and predicting future behavior by mining data from social networking websites” like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare. More at source...

The name of the software is RIOT, which stands for Rapid Information Overlay Technology.

Edward Snowden, the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations, told the London Guardian newspaper that he previously worked as a security guard for what the publication carefully described as “one of the agency’s covert facilities at the University of Maryland.”

More at source...

Source: The Next NSA Spying Shoe to Drop: “Pre-Crime” Artificial Intelligence

Also see:

Perhaps your real life is so rich you don't have time for another.

Even so, the US Department of Defense (DOD) may already be creating a copy of you in an alternate reality to see how long you can go without food or water, or how you will respond to televised propaganda.

The DOD is developing a parallel to Planet Earth, with billions of individual "nodes" to reflect every man, woman, and child this side of the dividing line between reality and AR.

The name is Sentient World Simulation or SWS.

Chaturvedi is now pitching SWS to DARPA and discussing it with officials at the US Department of Homeland Security, where he said the idea has been well received, despite the thorny privacy issues for US citizens.

Sentient world: war games on the grandest scale

edit on 17-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: added more

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well i think its broken cause there have been a few massacres in recent years.
If someone seen something coming and didn't act...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No surprise here, I covered the topic of Raytheon using the RIOT system back in February. It didn't seem to garner much discussion, I guess it wasn't that important at the time.. but now it seems people might finally see this as a serious threat.

Here is the thread if anybody wants to check it out for some more info.
Related content regarding RIOT and Raytheon Group

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Great articles. Interesting stuff for sure. I have been saying for a couple years... The NSA knows more about me than I do about myself. I wish I could ask them where I will be in 90 minutes... Or if I will win the lottery. Predictive software after all.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
No surprise here, I covered the topic of Raytheon using the RIOT system back in February. It didn't seem to garner much discussion, I guess it wasn't that important at the time.. but now it seems people might finally see this as a serious threat.

Here is the thread if anybody wants to check it out for some more info.
Related content regarding RIOT and Raytheon Group

Thanks for sharing!

Anyone else feel free to share, start a collective of the data.

Edit-added it to the OP and will add more as long as my time limit to do so is open.
edit on 17-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Although the thought of being able to prevent tragedy's is a wonderful one. Even if it does work, its just ripe for abuse and misuse. Brings my mind right back to NSA database.

I do like the thought of the foreknowledge of events though.
edit on 17-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
what was the name of that movie with tom cruise? well its happening now!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay, OP-- I have to admit, your post just gave me the most horrible thought. (On a closely related topic to those discussed in OP.

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Perhaps your real life is so rich you don't have time for another.

Even so, the US Department of Defense (DOD) may already be creating a copy of you in an alternate reality to see how long you can go without food or water, or how you will respond to televised propaganda.

The DOD is developing a parallel to Planet Earth, with billions of individual "nodes" to reflect every man, woman, and child this side of the dividing line between reality and AR.

The name is Sentient World Simulation or SWS.

Chaturvedi is now pitching SWS to DARPA and discussing it with officials at the US Department of Homeland Security, where he said the idea has been well received, despite the thorny privacy issues for US citizens.

Sentient world: war games on the grandest scale

I have read a lot of speculation and theorizing that we might be living in a computer simulation. This, of course, would beg the question-- if so, what is the purpose of the simulation?

So here it is: What if we're living in a simulation created by the "Department of Defense" or some similar agency, for the express purpose of testing various scenarios-- hostile foreign relations, invasions, etc etc, and attempting to determine how things would play out....?

Would explain why our world is so damned violent.

What if we're living in a World War 3 Simulator.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Well i think its broken cause there have been a few massacres in recent years.
If someone seen something coming and didn't act...

Or that is all part of the prediction programing shown in real life to sell the product so to speak...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Maybe all of out massive computers "Our Brain's" are interconnected when we sleep we download our events throughout the day, into a database as possible outcomes to every event. Maybe that's why we require sleep?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I was kind of hoping it wasn't that.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Exactly!

Making the thread made me think of: Is reality real? Simulated Universe and Holographic Reality (VIDEO)
ATS - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Fantastic presentation video.

And/or

Human Immortality in 33 Years Claims Dmitry Itskov’s 2045 Initiative

The 2045 Initiative, a life-extension project founded by 31-year-old Russian billionaire Dmitry Itskov in February 2011, offers a timeline for immortality over the next 33 years. Beginning with remotely controlled robotic avatars and re-creating the human brain through computer models, the end result would be human immortality in the form of holographic avatars.

Video: 2045: A New Era for Humanity

One could say, with "Pre-Crime" AI as a trial run.

Further down the rabbit hole we go.
edit on 17-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Further down the rabbit hole we go.

Sucker sure is deep isn't she? Almost like an infinite universe.
edit on 17-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by abeverage

I was kind of hoping it wasn't that.

Proof of concept in reality. A simulation predictor is only good if it can be proven to work in the "real" world. The implications if that is possible and true would be staggering so I would rather hope it wasn't either...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Minority Report becomes reality.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's mind boggling to me how something like this can be a blockbuster movie (Minority Report) and yet the same people who suspended disbelief for 2 hours to sit through it can't imagine anything similar ever happening in the real world unless it happens. They'll argue with you for days and tell you that you're stupid and paranoid and crazy. Whatever it takes to deny the evidence that's right in front of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Would explain why our world is so damned violent.

What if we're living in a World War 3 Simulator.

Mind = Blown

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
what was the name of that movie with tom cruise? well its happening now!!!

Minority Report.

Remember when Bush was asked at a Press Conference after 9/11 what Sadam Hussein had to do with it? He replied, 'Nothing. He had the POTENTIAL to carry those kinds of plans out.."

I thought, "WTH??"

Then, President Obama pretty much introduced Pre-Crime prevention when he made mention of the Prolonged Detention Camps ,to 'prevent crimes'...

edit on 19-6-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join