It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of the flesh VS Born of the spirit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There are two types of people in this world... Those that are born of the flesh, and those that are born of the spirit... This is not some religious ritual one must go though, in fact it has little to nothing to do with religion at all despite what many of the religious communities will tell you...

This is something that happened at your birth...

ALL of us, every single one of us are born of the flesh and the spirit... Yet through out ones life, through our experiences we freely choose to accept or deny the spirit within...

Those that deny the spirit will have a different out look on life... many lack compassion or empathy towards others... many have little compunction about bringing harm to others... Even taking what isn't theirs, up to and including taking life...

Those that eventually come to realise the spirit within will come to a cross road at some point in their lives... meaning a certain event will bring them to this realisation of the spirit though they might not know what is actually happening... Regardless this event will change their lives

These people have great compassion for all of life... they are attuned to the suffering in this world to their own dismay... Most of them have a connection to animals and nature... and are also very empathetic.

One will find that very little bothers them and usually take a neutral stance on most things... or hold to their opinions like a warrior in the heat of battle...

YOU might be one of these people, but again its very possible that you don't realise it... We live in a time of distraction... which there is little peace IF any

Many people are "waking up" to this realisation in this time we live in... and sadly enough, many are told that there is something wrong with them... Doctors will tell then they have a hormonal imbalance... or over active glands which cause these people to experience extreme emotions from minor things which didn't normally happen...

This is simply not true in most cases... These people have actually come to recognise what was always there...

What was before this time...

The spirit within...

These two factions of the human condition are at war with one another... Its a war that has lasted for millennia...

The internal struggle of the self verses the spirit...

Its not a war of religion... its a war of the spirit vs the flesh... the physical world vs the immaterial

YOU can have only ONE master....

Which side compels you to fight?

Which side do you choose?

edit on 17-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Very well written share Akragon makes sense...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This world revolves around materialism. Doing material work to make material currency to buy material sustenance to maintain material health to do material work to make material currency to buy material sustenance to maintain material health to do material work to make material currency to buy material sustenance to maintain material health to do material work to make material currency to buy material sustenance to maintain material health...etc etc.

It seems as though the entire world is obsessed with working to both keep what they have and obtain more. If they pause for even a moment's rest, they lose their place or even lose what they have. And with lack of materials, comes lack of livelihood, comes lack of spiritual health because you must admit: the material perks are the most stimulating for the mass majority. A firework display is more inspiring for many than a moment of introspection.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
S&F my friend

There are those that believe that some may incarnate here without the spirit component. A life without a soul, so to speak. From what I have read, the profile of a "spiritless" individual mirrors the clinical definition of a sociopath. Are these people really lacking a spiritual component, or did the spirit get "locked away" due to early traumas? Reading interviews with some of the more infamous serial killers, it is very easy to believe that there really is no spirit in them.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
S&F my friend

There are those that believe that some may incarnate here without the spirit component. A life without a soul, so to speak. From what I have read, the profile of a "spiritless" individual mirrors the clinical definition of a sociopath. Are these people really lacking a spiritual component, or did the spirit get "locked away" due to early traumas? Reading interviews with some of the more infamous serial killers, it is very easy to believe that there really is no spirit in them.

That is a lie propagated by the religions of the world....

ALL are born with the spirit... but we have free will to deny what is given...

Every single person knows what is right and what is wrong... but through their experiences in this incarnation some learn to deny what is within...

They've hardened their hearts to what is freely given... and for some there is no way to change that...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, well written, and I agree with it 100%...

I also think the scope of this battle goes far beyond what people realize, but many people know about it..

I have seen a principality demon affecting the minds and hearts of people.. It scared me so bad that I blocked it from my memory for many years, but recently am remembering it in every detail..

It looked like a giant frog except it had white velvet gloves with golden wrist bands on it's large hands, and it moved it's hands in the air like it was playing an invisible piano, but what it was doing was putting thoughts and desires into people.. They were thoughts and desires of the flesh and material things. It was attempting to steer people away from spiritual awareness and replace them with feelings for fleshly things and materialism.

If people only knew what was happening around them, but is usually invisible, the world would be a much different place...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Dear Akragon, strange Timing, don't you think!
You have given me some new thoughts and ideas.
I have finally found a place where it seems that there are People that think similar.
I am Feeling happy now.
The search of the truth is beginning.
There is still hope in human Kind.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalluk
I have finally found a place where it seems that there are People that think similar.
I am Feeling happy now.

coincidence doesn't exist my friend.... Everything happens for a reason...

I actually should have linked this in my OP because its highly relevant to this subject...

But no matter.... Who are you: Part 4... Who am i?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by kalluk
I am Feeling happy now.

coincidence doesn't exist my friend.... Everything happens for a reason...

I actually should have linked this in my OP because its highly relevant to this subject...

But no matter.... Who are you: Part 4... Who am i?

Seems we have a bit of Synchronicity going on here. May I play some too? 11:11.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very well said Akragon

I can relate a lot to all that you have mentioned.

There's a lot of materialistic people where I live

I think the only spiritual conversations I can have are with my brother and 2 cousins of mine.

Everyone else is pompous.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Thankfully, I have a good friend who is open to any and all spiritual topics I have any inclination to explore, and even a few I am not.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
And today is the day. You are right: everything happens for a reason.
It seems i found allready someone to talk to.
I cant explain what a good day today was.
Well my friend - i am ready for the ride of my life.
You have to give me some time to read your post. Well, maybe time doesnt matter at all...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Those that deny the spirit will have a different out look on life... many lack compassion or empathy towards others... many have little compunction about bringing harm to others... Even taking what isn't theirs, up to and including taking life...

Those that eventually come to realise the spirit within will come to a cross road at some point in their lives... meaning a certain event will bring them to this realisation of the spirit though they might not know what is actually happening... Regardless this event will change their lives

These people have great compassion for all of life... they are attuned to the suffering in this world to their own dismay... Most of them have a connection to animals and nature... and are also very empathetic.

What are you basing this off of? There seems to be nothing to suggest such a conclusion, and I could say the exact opposite while remaining just as valid.

For example, I deny the modern conception of the spirit, am empathetic, compassionate, have 3 dogs 2 cats, spend my spare time in nature. I don't do it because I think they have a spirit, but because it is rational, and because they are just as physical as I.
edit on 17-6-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You sould read the other thread i linked as well my friend...

There is more to this existence then what we can see...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You sould read the other thread i linked as well my friend...

There is more to this existence then what we can see...

Where abouts?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Akragon

What are you basing this off of? There seems to be nothing to suggest such a conclusion, and I could say the exact opposite while remaining just as valid.

For example, I deny the modern conception of the spirit, am empathetic, compassionate, have 3 dogs 2 cats, spend my spare time in nature. I don't do it because I think they have a spirit, but because it is rational, and because they are just as physical as I.
edit on 17-6-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

Well, I do not criticize this attitude at all Sir. You make a good point. You might be aware of this spirit you deny, just as Christians can be completely blind to it.
edit on 17-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's awesome. I'm checking out lucid dreaming and leylines this month.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think that if one chooses sides then they have already lost the battle.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

One will find that very little bothers them and usually take a neutral stance on most things... or hold to their opinions like a warrior in the heat of battle...

These statements present a bunch of hypocritical claims. If you have very personal opinions, a respect for animals and nature, and an emphatic connection to the suffering of the world... how can you remain neutral in most situations, and not be bothered or moved by the events and experiences which life offers?

I don't think it is about spirit/flesh, or the material/immaterial. I think it simply comes down to conscience and ego.

Those who are ego-driven lack awareness of how their actions affect those around them.

Those who are entirely self-conscience of their time on the planet are careful to never injure or interfere with the free will of another conscious being (human, animal, insect, plant, or otherwise).

The real problem, I think, comes from people refusing to balance both.

Too much ego leads one toward becoming a sociopath. Too much conscience leads one toward an empty, wasted life because you never took chances, did anything for yourself, or learned to experience the hardships and pleasures of being alive.

A middle ground must be found, where we both appease the self, and care for others.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 17/6/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

These statements present a bunch of hypocritical claims. If you have very personal opinions, a respect for animals and nature, and an emphatic connection to the suffering of the world... how can you remain neutral in most situations, and not be bothered or moved by the events and experiences which life offers?

I didn't specify any parameters for said situations now did I...

I don't think it is about spirit/flesh, or the material/immaterial. I think it simply comes down to conscience and ego.

Those who are ego-driven lack awareness of how their actions affect those around them.

Those who are entirely self-conscience of their time on the planet are careful to never injure or interfere with the free will of another conscious being (human, animal, insect, plant, or otherwise).

The real problem, I think, comes from people refusing to balance both.

Too much ego leads one toward becoming a sociopath. Too much conscience leads one toward an empty, wasted life because you never took chances, did anything for yourself, or learned to experience the hardships and pleasures of being alive.

A middle ground must be found, where we both appease the self, and care for others.

Of course you are welcome to your opinion on this matter... call it whatever you like, its an internal conflict

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join