It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Feud Survey: Problems with internet and ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Recently I have been having connection/internet problems and a lot has been on this web site.

trying to load pages, after posts, numerous times I will receive "this page can't be displayed" "http 408/409 sever busy" pages freezing etc.

Anyone else experiencing troubles lately with their internet and this web site?

Very curious to know and find out.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

I get 504s with ATS from time to time. I just refresh the page and it works, most of the time.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have also been having more issues then normal on ATS. Especially when trying to access the new topics feed or the main forums page.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

As did I but they are coming more frequently to the point where it has become every page I try to load, it gets to the point where after a certain period of time I have to open a new window because pages just freeze or do not open up entirely.

even refreshing it rarely works now,

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

As did I but they are coming more frequently to the point where it has become every page I try to load, it gets to the point where after a certain period of time I have to open a new window because pages just freeze or do not open up entirely.

even refreshing it rarely works now,

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have similar problems with this site and I agree it seems to have gotten worse over the past few days. Most of the time now I just open a new browser window and close the old one, I don't get as many error messages.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

plus yer double posting!

you probably need to reset or restore your browser's profile, look into it!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My internets fine. All websites are fine for me. But Ats always seems slow. Must be the aliens!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

hiya . newbie here . created this ,just to answer you.. i've been longtime lurker, had same trouble as you. then i found ...there's no place like 127.0.0.1 .( lol, prolly gonna get in trouble for that ), but i dont care.
. just googley that phrase and i'm sure you'll find it, if not just u2u me i'll give the addy.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No worries people...

the server is just overloaded.... ATS gets a lot of traffic...

Best forum on the planet... We can't expect any less

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To which I could understand within the couple of months if membership has increased, but then we have the NSA scandal.

Do you feel you (anyone) are being targeted?

We know the possibility is now certain, so I know I am on a list, so would every member on this site, either for or against the GOVT.

I am against Obama and am a "Birther" and supporter of impeachment for Benghazi, IRS, NSA, what ever you can nail him on, just so the last 11, full on years of my life do not feel like a complete waste of time.

This thread is a survey to see who believes they are being monitored and who will voice their opinion that this is wrong, and there will be something done about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

hi again. just got your u2u, tried to answer , but said i couldn't.

here's the addy anyways....mvps.org.

hope ya get it b4 the mods gives it the bums rush.

just follow the instructions , aint too hard. i'm not tech savvy either but i found it fairly easy.

good luck.

i'm using right now , no messages or slow downs. speeded up this dinosaur pc. instead of minutes it's now seconds.

edit on 17-6-2013 by thishereguy because: just because

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'd say its you and your settings, how many things open every time, how loaded your drives are, your desktop etc. See what programs youve set in your preferences to "open" everytime you log on. Ill bet some you dont ever use or go to...like gaming even...that are taking energy, time and space to open because they are in your start menu.

I never in 3-4 years have had any issue with ATS or anywhere else really. Not at my desk PC at home, my laptop, or company PC at work.

Ill go with the suggesting here to refresh, system restore, ...go at lease one more time to ATS as though its the 1st time visiting...and NOT by clicking it open from say a "favorites"...that too can get cluttered and slow you down.

It may too be heavy site traffic to it and others, time of the day, server issues.....etc.

Also...try shutting off your computer completely every now and then...dont leave it running on standby, or sleep mode or hibernation.

top topics

join