It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you get your first Grey hair?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Found my first gray hair at 17. I'm 45 now and about 90% gray. I've only recently discovered that my gray is now growing in white. Something in my DNA I think, although none of my current relatives have gone gray early, my great-great maternal grandmother was completely gray at 25. I guess I'll have a great-great grandchild that goes gray early.

I stopped dying my hair recently, and now my sons call me Storm (X-men).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

If your hair is oily look into all natural shampoos with tea tree oil, cocoa butter, lanolin, aloe, vitamin e as additives. If you really must wash your hair daily adding garlic infused extra virgin olive oil to your diet will help keep it healthy as well. It's best if you infuse it yourself with good quality olive oil and fresh garlic, preferably homegrown. Mince the garlic well and keep as much of the garlic oils as possible, put it in the olive oil jar and let it sit for a week or 2 until the oil starts to smell strongly of garlic. To ingest it the easiest way is to put a few tablespoons of the oil in a dish and add some herbs and spices to your liking then dip bread in it and eat until the dish is empty. I usually use about 5 or 6 tablespoons for the 4 of us, we eat it as an appetizer before dinner every night.

Another thing to consider is the amount of vegetable or canola oil you ingest. Reducing those two types of oils in your diet will help your skin and hair from being overly greasy. Your body doesn't digest them well so your sweat becomes more oily. You can replace those 2 oils in your cooking with plain extra virgin olive oil to help cut them out without drastically changing your diet. The body absorbs and utilizes olive oils better than it does other oils and it doesn't make you look nasty greasy, but still have the healthy luster you should naturally.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I found my first one not too long after my father passed away in 2004, and I was only 21. I haven't gotten many more since then, which is fine by me! I have few here and there, but not enough to really notice.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Got my first multiples locks of white hair when I was 13. Second bout started up when I was 27 and over the last year starting at 42, I've gained a lot more white. Some people are just predisposed to premature greying. Can't estimate how much white I have in my hair because it's hard to see all at once (blonde) but it's everywhere now, lol. Glad for two things--1. that I'm blonde and 2. that it's growing in white because when it gets done, it'll probably look BAD err arse, lol.

P.S. Niobe--lol I get called "Rogue".

edit on 18/6/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm 2/3rds grey on my head and I'm 32. Found my first one at 15 and it's gone downhill from there. Luckily this trait came from my mum who went grey early. My dad went bald at 25.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

I.just tell people its caused by thinking so much my brain runs hot

Edit. Weird I hit edit not reply to myself.
edit on 18-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I found my first grey hair about 6 months ago and Iam 39

Got one or two up top but my beard has two lines of grey going down from the sides of my mouths...guess Iam one of the lucky guys

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

All you guys talking about finding grey hairs in your 30s makes me think I must really be lucky. I'll be 55 this year and still no grey on my head. Just a peppering in the beard.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

Man! that's a bad genetic combination for hair.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I got one grey hair when I was about 45 (6 years ago). I still have the one. I haven't gotten any more than that ... but at the same time my autoimmune is causing my hair to 'get thin' (fall out). So there may have been others, but they are gone.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Yours covers? Mine doesn't.
I tried dying my hair red years and years ago for kicks. All it did was turn my white streaks pale pink.
No pigment at all in mine so nothing that the dye can really attach to I guess. Also have the "issue" of looking very young for my age, too, so I'll definitely look "unique" when it all finishes coming in since there is zero hope of covering it, lol. I'm gonna feel like an anime character. All I'll need is a pair of glasses and I will look like the classic anime villain (white hair + glasses = villain).

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Haha! We are the X-Women!

I have the same exact problem...no pigment in the hair which means that when I dye it, nothing really happens. I'm just going to leave it alone, start dressing like I'm starring in The Matrix, and pretend that I am white-haired by choice.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by niobe

lol! I call mine "polar bear hair" because of that particular (lack of?) trait. I've embraced mine, too, but even funnier? I'm usually in black or gray and sporting a pair of Oakley Juliet shades when I'm out and about. Totally rocking it Matrix-style.

We're probably related by a deep, deep ancestor with white hair and a penchant for urban dark dress.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Polar bear hair is exactly what it is! That white-haired, ancient ancestor was probably the first fashion maven in history.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by OpenEars123
Dude don't worry - Thanks to George Clooney chicks LOVE grey hair

I got my 1st grey hair at 18, now I'm knocking on 40 I am currently 80% salt and pepper on my head and beard.

Chicks LOVE it, trust me!

Yes. Yes we do.

Also beards.

2nd line for blushes

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
About 35, still don't have many though.
I'm blaming teenagers and stressful exes.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Stress seems to be the common reason people are giving, but it has never been scientifically proven yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Recently you probably do quite a bit of 'brain-gym' that stressed you up.

Someone has told me not to pull them out or you get more. I'm not a risk taker so I just leave them. I wish one day I would be bold enough to shave my head bald and wear a wig. COOL!!!! It can save me a bit of water & electricity bills and together my time of trouble drying.

I was suggested to eat sesame to blacken it or use aloe vera to stimulate the scalp. I never do. In my opinion, it looks really nice or even pretty when you have grey hair in full.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CamyoW

Yeah, i have heard of those stories as well, don't pull cause you get more etc etc... but i don;t believe in any treatment as well, i mean if the hair is damaged, its damaged, it will grow grey/white forever, but what causes the damage, is it really stress?

But its true, removing oil from hair does leave it open for attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join