It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you get your first Grey hair?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i am a guy and will be 27 yrs in a month-ish.....I just saw my first grey hair..So just had a shock to my sense...i'm old....

Is this normal.. talked to my dad, he said he did not get it till late 30's....and even now in his early 60's.. his hair is 90% black. Talked to my mom... she said most of her family side did not get it till 30s....

So, When did you get your first grey/white hair?
edit on 6/17/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I'm 24 and I've had a few white/grey hairs in my beard before. I think it just depends on what you're putting in your body. Good nutrition = good hair. I think.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Wouldn't genetics play a factor or how you wash your own hair. I even head stress can cause grey hair. I don't know if that's true or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Wouldn't genetics play a factor or how you wash your own hair. I even head stress can cause grey hair. I don't know if that's true or not.

Probably, yes. I'm still standing by my nutrition theory though. Think of cancer patients who literally lose their hair over night due to the very toxic chemotherapy they're exposed to.

And don't some people feed their dogs certain things to improve their coat of hair?

I'm really just guessing here. Like many things, I think there is a complex interplay between environment and genetics.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'm 30 now and grey in the temples and a few hairs here and there around the back of my head and in my beard. Got my first grey hair around 22 or 23. My dad and his dad were both almost completely grey by 30 and 32 respectively and white haired by 40. All three of us were born tow headed but ended up with very coarse dark auburn hair by 3 or 4.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Check the date I registered here and started seeing behind the curtain.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
About a week ago , I said "here love your gonna have to sort that out"!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

When my kid was in her teens,mid to late 30's.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Which part of my body ?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I received my first grey hair when I was still in High School about age 16, it runs in my family. I have a uncle who turned total grey hair before he turned 30. Genetics.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I've had a big gray streak in my hair since I was a small child (around 5 or 6). Fortunately it is underneath in the back of my hair so people can only see it when I put my hair in a pony tail, but when I do it looks like a reverse skunk stripe! Other than that I just started to get the occasional gray hair here and there on the rest of my head within the past year or two and I'm 46. I think I inherited it from my mother (dad has no gray and he's 66) but I'll never know as mom has dyed her hair since before I was born- and she ain't talking!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well, I'm a little over twice your age (55 this year) and still don't have any in the hair on my head. Now my chest is full of grey and my beard is peppered but I can't say how long ago that started.
edit on 6/17/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm not alien, I don't have any grey hairs.
Got some silvery ones though.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm 28, and going bald and starting to go grey.

On a positive note, grey hairs are supposedly a sign of wisdom, I'd prefer be wise and go grey, rather than trying to look younger and be stupid.

Long live the chrome domes.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, I'm a 21 year old female and get the odd few growing over night from the age of 15 lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My greying started at 35...it was after my first son...can't say it's from him or part of just getting older...although my father is up there in age he is not completely grey and my older brother has no grey but a hair line that's going back further than my own...I personally hate the grey hair and I'm in my early 40's. I would get something to darken them but I'm afraid one day if I stop I'm not going to like what I see so I just go with it...Sorry my friend.....

edit on 17-6-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow..good answers... im surprised (a bit relieved) to see people have it grey much earlier than me....

I do not use proper shampoo to wash my hair, i just pick whatever i have in stock, and yes, i have used SOAP to wash my hair before lol...

I pretty healthy eater, but who knows what goes in food now a days...so far i'm pretty sure it is not genetics.

Oh yeah the location is on my right temple.

Im still single, i don't care if i get afew after i settle down lol!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

...going bald and starting to go grey...

Luckily, my hairs are still in tact... after looking at my dad's and my grand dad's baling pattern, if i start, i would start on top.......i rather shave my head full lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

The stress factor is still in debate... but i can see how that can effect it... worrying too much is not good for anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You say that now, but not everyone can rock the bald look. If you start losing, start the Rogaine treatments, etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join