It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volunteer to save the universe, would you do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A What If scenario.

What if there is a species who built a time machine and developed the most powerful AI's and they got in trouble. They are not really in danger, but in a kind of lockdown, that is all of the beings of their civilization and all civilizations which later connected but two beings are in a kind of stasis so their two first AI's can sort out the situation and correct the problems, without being hacked since they are in somewhat of an enclosed loop out side of time.

Our species to them are one of those who won't give up, who will go on the road of eternal warfare along with several other species. The AI does anything it needs to do to correct the problem, it's them or the rest of all life except they were first with their time machine so it's like a countdown to extinction, if the universe was a simulation it would run on those two AI's or rather the first AI. The countdown is inevitable but happens once in millenia or longer because a space faring species could theoretically go on forever.

It might take several centuries in our case, being in a pretty much isolated part of the universe with the only ET's in the neighbourhood who can get here the fastest and know about this and are willing to do horrible things several centuries away.

So now they need a volunteer to be trained in shutting down the main AI and there are many possible candidates on this planet in this time. The hard part is other species know about this and want to prevent humans from seizing power, or a possibility they have not considered which is someone turning off/rebooting the AI.

You would have to create the intention of building a time machine and most importantly if you don't make it you must make preparations to hand over the work you did to your children. Basically if you would write your ideas on a napkin and give it to your children before your physical body ends, then it would be considered as a continuation of your idea/intention.

Once you have been chosen to become a candidate you must reboot/power cycle the AI when all life is in stasis. The two beings cannot do this themselves because they have a lot of knowledge of their civilization and the workings of the AI so a lot of ET's want to entrap and capture them for their own purposes.

So would you do it?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Sure I would do it but first whats in it for me if I succeed, what powers to I get to carry out this quest.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yup as long as I have a hot green female alien side kick

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Sure I would do it but first whats in it for me if I succeed, what powers to I get to carry out this quest.

Everyone, all beings everywhere at that time would know when they see you that you were the one who saved everything, including the creators of the AI for all time and no one could deny it. They would be at their best behaviour and would do anything you ask, as long as it is in their rules and regulations.

At some point beings born after the event would not know, some civilizations might not tell them, be it as it may those beings would be like children to you which you can play with the best most fun way possible.

Sorry there isn't any money, the reward is after the deed since there are many candidates and it is not yet certain who will make it first and because of the nature of the reward which is only there after the AI has been rebooted.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Yup as long as I have a hot green female alien side kick

You will have to do it all alone, in the end you would be the only being left in all of existence. You can enjoy it for awhile if you can negotiate a deal but within limits because you might control all beings who went into stasis and proclaim yourself master of the universe, after which the AI has to correct everything again to create another situation for someone to turn it off.

I negotiated I could smoke a blunt and have a Jack Daniels before the final moment because it is just so unique but then I would flip it. After that I would pass out and be beamed aboard my very own spaceship taking me to my very own spacestation, all made out of the latest stuff in the universe where I can begin my own healing processes.

Why I would share this even though this means I might not make it is because I would get everything I would want and because this is so important I would want there to be backup candidates.
edit on 17/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Everyone, all beings everywhere at that time would know when they see you that you were the one who saved everything, including the creators of the AI for all time and no one could deny it. They would be at their best behaviour and would do anything you ask, as long as it is in their rules and regulations.

why would I want to risk my neck for a universe of thankless people and then at the end the reward I receive the privaledge of to living within the creator rules and regulations. Sounds like a bad deal.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Then nope I will let some else do it.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
why would I want to risk my neck for a universe of thankless people and then at the end the reward I receive the privaledge of to living within the creator rules and regulations. Sounds like a bad deal.

You should read my thread about the chicken and the road. You are in the same universe and you are already within the rules and regulations of the creators of the AI, or rather the species who almost made it there but chose to dominate others, we happen to be in their sphere of influence although many are beginning to see through all of this.

You are not going to live with those creators if you don't want to, it's all up to the candidate what you do afterwards. If you would want to go on a killing spree even that is possible and others would clean up after you if you were the one.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah i would do it, in fact i have already signed up. It sounds crazy and scary but i am so bored of reality that i could use something to make me feel the blood pump again. Here are my conundrums
1. I may not have kids
2. I am too simple to create a time machine
3. I am too unpredictable to be trusted with this task
4. Did you say spliffs and JD's, i am easily side tracked

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
Yeah i would do it, in fact i have already signed up. It sounds crazy and scary but i am so bored of reality that i could use something to make me feel the blood pump again. Here are my conundrums
1. I may not have kids

Yes you may but it would make it more difficult as you would effectively have to learn how to turn your wife and kids off like they were computers. I don't have that problem, in my case after the deed is done and I'm at my spacestation with a lot of means at my disposal I'll first create my own female AI and then I'll reboot the Earth scenario, starting with training my father to reprogram my mother and then my brothers. Repogramming as in like they were in a destructive cult/sect. I'm not sure yet about the rest of my family as efficiency dictates I should work on another level completely after that.

If I had a wife and kids I would start with them, wife first, then the kids and then the rest of the family.

2. I am too simple to create a time machine

Those are just the evil beings who already have a lot of power because of their own time machine construction and they would lose power if you progress and lose it all if you succeed. Afterwards they will have something else which will make them even happier but they can't see it that way yet. You could watch a couple of movies to get a grasp on time travelling, mostly science fiction to understand the concepts needed.

What's important is you don't actually have to built it in your lifetime, but you might have a future son or daughter who would choose to do this, even attract women who would want you to become their father and they might go to university to figure out time travel like you do.

3. I am too unpredictable to be trusted with this task

Another evil faction wanting you to abandon your quest. Unless you have suicidal tendencies (when that comes up choose euthanasia) or want to tell too many others so they might get upset and cause all kinds of unwanted side effects which whoever told you should clean up because they (partially) caused it but doesn't want to because it would take too much of their time. You could ask them what they would do otherwise.

4. Did you say spliffs and JD's, i am easily side tracked

Smoking the green stuff is completely optional, just as alcohol, in fact some argue it would be better without but in my case I'm more at ease, less annoyed. Otherwise it doesn't have anything to do with this scenario.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Only if I can dress up like Boba Fett while doing it. Heck, make that dress up for Boba Fett for the rest of my life, then you got a deal. Also, working jet-pack or else the costume is just that, a costume.

P.S.
Jango Fett would also work.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well then i better step up my game. None of my conundrums are insurmountable that's for sure and I've never had suicidal thoughts myself.
Always looking for something challenging and i don't experience fear anymore so yeah bring on the unknown i say.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Volunteer to save the universe, would you do it?,

You are a game designer aren't you?

Read up on "intellectual property" before you proceed.
edit on 17-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sure. In fact -- I'd do it for just one of my kids. The universe would just be a bonus save.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Volunteer to save the universe, would you do it?,

You are a game designer aren't you?

Read up on "intellectual property" before you proceed.
edit on 17-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

No, I'm not a game designer, but thanks for the compliment. I don't have the intention to publish anything about what I'm writing in this thread.
edit on 18/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As long as I had the Battlestar Galactica to fly into battle with, I'm there

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Only if i get to walk towards thousands of cheering, worshiping masses in my space suit..(helmet off).. smoking a Cigar and my kids no longer think i'm a door to door salesman...all the while Aerosmith are giving it large over the PA system...hell yeah, I'd save the Universe

new topics

top topics

join