It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Guide to the Syrian Civil War: An Analysis of the Forces Fighting in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Num

Good thread daas, more players in this than you realize

edit on 17/6/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, i do agree. There is enough evidence to suggest, if not prove such things.

The truth is, most of the actions over there are smoggy and those who are not in the country itself do not have a perfect picture as to what is going on. I have seen the videos of the (alleged) rebels doing these things, but they aren't the be all and end all of the evidence needed to completely prove that it was them.

Personally, i believe both sides are as bad as each other; but there are more extremist jihadists fighting against the government, and that is problematic.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
Num

Good thread daas, more players in this than you realize

Thanks.

Yes, i do believe there are more players who aren't out in the open as of yet *cough* Mossad, CIA plus others *cough*, but in this thread, i have mainly focused on the major public players. I may delve into the shadow 'warfare' (if you will) of the foreign government agencies in the future.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by daaskapital

Greetings.

From what I understand, the Free Syrian Army has not willingly embraced Jabhat al-Nusra into their ranks.

They fight for the same cause, but do so separately.

Yes, you are somewhat correct.

They are both allied with each other for the purpose of bringing down the Assad regime, but have also battled among each other in some circumstances.

What happens after Assad falls does remain quite worrying though, with speculation arising that Jabhat al-Nusra and the FSA may battle it out to determine the conditions of which the new Syria will be led. This remains a serious concern for the Obama Administration who has shipped off supplies to the Rebels this week.
edit on 17-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, now I have a clearer view of things over there.
I honestly don't believe that Iran is sending troops over there, if anything it would be on at least some of the bigger sites, however misinformed they are...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Thanks for the info, now I have a clearer view of things over there.
I honestly don't believe that Iran is sending troops over there, if anything it would be on at least some of the bigger sites, however misinformed they are...

No problem

I am not entirely sure what to think, but i do believe that Iran has sent in troops. Iran wouldn't stand by to watch Syria fall (because they are a key ally to Iran). We also have some quotes from Iranian Revolutionary Guard leaders regarding the situation in Syria.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 17-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Good thread Op!
It surely lays out that both sides are definitely not worth supporting. They're both committed to control and violence on the people of Syria. The U.S. thinks it's taking the side of the lesser evil, but clearly both sides are the same evil. Again, our representatives in congress are using our tax dollars and allowing this support without the backing of the American people. When is America going to stop sticking our noses into conflicts that don't pose a threat to our homeland.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Iran has 15000 troops already in Syria.
4000 more on the way......
Then theres the foriegn contingents of several armies we have to cosider....
USA,Gr Britain, Quatar, Turkey,UAE, Saudi, and so on....they allhave forces involved if not drecty in Syria then just on the periphery of the border.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Iran has 15000 troops already in Syria.
4000 more on the way......
Then theres the foriegn contingents of several armies we have to cosider....
USA,Gr Britain, Quatar, Turkey,UAE, Saudi, and so on....they allhave forces involved if not drecty in Syria then just on the periphery of the border.....

As far as proof is concerned, most of the countries you have mentioned are not publicly involved in the Syrian civil war. Therefore, they were not included on the list. Furthermore, i included the forces who are publicly fighting in Syria. Forces under support roles (e.g. US soldiers training rebels in Jordan) have not been included.

So please don't give me the condescending eye rolls.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Iran is only in it because if Assad falls, they know they are next on the list. Someone is about the business of wiping out Shiites to consolodate and unite Islam under one sect. Sunni.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Heya Op! Very nice thread for what looks like a balanced and reasonable approach to laying out the sides. A bit of good and bad to both, as I think it really exists over there as well.

Not much to add since I'm working something similar but on a very different area of this coming conflict. I know a bit of effort and work when I see it though and always admire a researched thread!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Iraq's Shia contribution supporting the Syrian govt, Al Sadr's Mahdi army
www.kurdpress.com...=
middle-east-insights.com...
edit on 17-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Heya Op! Very nice thread for what looks like a balanced and reasonable approach to laying out the sides. A bit of good and bad to both, as I think it really exists over there as well.

Not much to add since I'm working something similar but on a very different area of this coming conflict. I know a bit of effort and work when I see it though and always admire a researched thread!

Thanks heaps for the feedback mate!
Much appreciated.

Can't wait to see what you have in the works! Make sure you tell me when it's done. i tend to miss all the good threads.

Thanks again mate!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Iraq's Shia contribution supporting the Syrian govt, Al Sadr's Mahdi army
www.kurdpress.com...=
middle-east-insights.com...
edit on 17-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Thanks heaps for the information!!

I would edit my OP to include them if i could.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I want to out McCain John McCain and say give each side all the guns they need to keep fighting each other so like a big black hole they all get sucked into this mega self destructive Islamic war over the Shia and the Sunni.

The rest of us shall have peace while they have it out.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Sorry... wow this an epic double-post record for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by darkbake

Sorry... wow this an epic double-post record for me.

Don't worry about it mate. I was experiencing troubles with ATS at the same time your posts occurred. So it isn't your fault (so i would imagine).

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
(SILF) is such a bad alias...

Syrian i'd like to...take to dinner.

This was almost off topic.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Great thread, nice that you took the time to lay out the major players, it's a confusing mesh to say the least.

That said lol an entire page of double posts? i almost want to screen shot it, it's too funny to ignore. Clearly ATS was crapping out, happens to me too sometimes but not to that extent.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
Num..Good thread daas, more players in this than you realize

Well seems like a neverending Party alright
Hope the hell it ends at somepoint.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join