It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

"Karla Turner says they're vampires..."

Sure, okay... maybe.

I just have to say I love these definitive proclamations about what all those weird things in the sky and on the ground are.

No matter how reasonable (or completely insane) certain people are who say they know what's going on, how can that grow to a blanket statement about such a varied phenomena?

I mean they could all be all powerful vampires... it's all in the definition of terms used.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

They are physical manifestations of our collective subconscious implanted by an ancient race of star beings.

Duh

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma

"Karla Turner says they're vampires..."

Sure, okay... maybe.

I just have to say I love these definitive proclamations about what all those weird things in the sky and on the ground are.

No matter how reasonable (or completely insane) certain people are who say they know what's going on, how can that grow to a blanket statement about such a varied phenomena?

I mean they could all be all powerful vampires... it's all in the definition of terms used.

Well yes perhaps my terminology is a bit loaded but Karla Turner has done a lot of work in this area and has been an abductee herself. Here are some of her essays

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Actually, I'm familiar with her and her work, though it's been a decade since I've read it, so thanks for the link.

And actually, the vampire remark doesn't really do justice to her take, right or wrong. But I guess you addressed that already... darned internet and our penchant for brief posts!

Skoal.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
We can also say that they certainly have reasons for keeping secret. Yes, it is kind of astonishing for one to realize that we have been visited, partly because the alien chose to keep themselves so secret. Don't get me wrong, the aliens enjoy showing off to us, but even when they are working it is still showing off to us. But certainly it is not easy for anybody to realize simply because the aliens chose to keep themselves incredibly secret. As far as I'm concerned, the underground Dulce base was a fantasy in real life, meaning aliens can have a real base that is not physical in our standards, yet it is surely real and physical to the aliens and to us. We do not know real universal physics, Michio Kaku even admits that we may have to once again rewrite it all. It is very obvious how much the aliens do not want us to know about them, there was one professional man who has a long story behind him. Paul Bennewitz was president of a company that worked with various government projects including NASA. He was simply interested in cattle mutilations, it just so happened that he got a midnight tour up in the mountains in the early days when things were on. The concrete part of the story is that he obtained NASA pictures of the alien base and alerted the General at the Pentagon and the President of the United States. Within months of the early days the aliens had tracked his house. They turned him into an abductee after he reached out.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

And although I detect a faint whiff of sarcasm... or nail fungus, I believe that you have collated the whole thing and solved it.

Well done and finis

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I need to be honest, I'm pretty sure that UFO's exist because I already was then twice.
But I'm not sure about what they are, If they are from Aliens, Humans, Other time (like time machines), other dimensional stuff..

I just hope that one day we will all know the truth!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

And although I detect a faint whiff of sarcasm... or nail fungus, I believe that you have collated the whole thing and solved it.

Well done and finis
it was only a faint wiff? I shall endeavor to try harder.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The ones that get me, are the people who not only claim to know what is out there, but can name several species off the top of thier heads, claim to know about how thier political relations work, understand thier societies and claim to be subscribed to several neural networked weekly publications, including Galactic Digest (Black Holes and You: Inside this week, can you modify your type 5Y plasma shielding to allow you to survive entry into the event horizon?), UFO Drivers Weekly (Readers Stories: I jump started my Mass Manipulator Drive with the heart of a Neutron Star!!!), and Cosmic Cuisine Journal ( How you too can savour the flavour of Tarkalian Bloatworms, without the hideous after effects), all of which are allegedly beamed into thier heads via a meditational link they some how have with the aliens.

These all made the more amazing by the fact that no one can prove any damned thing that they have said about what is happening to them. I mean, its pretty clear to me that there are two very likely possibilities, and one very unlikely possibility.
Those are, that either:

a) The person making the claim KNOWS how much of a crazy bastard they sound, but are making enough money not to give much of a damn about how they appear to the rest of the world, which is commendable in most respects, but still bloody ridiculous and fake.

b) The person making the claims actually believes thier own story to such a degree as to mean that for them, it IS the truth, despite being utter and complete poppycock of the highest order, and is actually evidence of a deep seated psychological condition, which could be some sort of cry for attention, or indeed evidence of a complete collapse into delusion.

c) They are actually correct, but incapable of proving it to anyone who has the merest critical thinking and reasoning skills, or indeed the ability to scientifically test for things like microwave, quantum, and radio transmissions comming into or going from the brain, making thier truth totally useless to the vast majority of us, since no one whose intellect is sufficiently advanced that they can tie thier own laces in the morning will buy it without some form of tangible, recordable evidence.

That crap drives me pottier than a retired ceramic artist on holiday in Amsterdam. Its just unadulterated drivel.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hate to upset the apple cart, but 'Alien's' DO exist. I have lost count the amount of times I have said it on ATS.

I had sleep paralysis up until about 5 years ago ... not saying it has gone away, because I just don't know. It stopped abruptly many years ago and then started again.

To cut to the chase I was referred to a neurologist and guess what? (there were two of them) they were/are aliens!
Working amongst normal Doctors in a NHS hospital! Yep, I still cannot believe it either and if you want me to get personal, I don't mind admitting, I have had a complete nervous breakdown. Of course no #er believes me, which makes it even worse and if someone had told me this was going to happen a few years ago, I would have called them a liar. Fact! I have since been through a battery of psychological and psychiatric tests and they have dismissed it as just my belief system. Not mad, nor neurotic or an attention seeker, nor on drugs .. not a drinker .. zilch! Where doe's one go from here? I have had MRi scan twice, EEG twice, blood tests ... nothing!!!
Get on with your life everyone says ... forget it! How can one forget something like that? They look like us .. I can spot them a mile off now. The aliens were so pissed off I could see them. You couldn't make it up! I can't go on I get too upset. I have even had one sitting in my living room claiming to be from Mori poll!

Sorry op for the expletives. I cannot help but react to threads like this. I have said it all before on ATS anyway.

hx

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jvarga390

Well, what can we all say about aliens? Do they exist or don't they?
Well,if they are blonde with big boobs,I guess it's okay for them to exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Heh, I blew water out my sinuses on that one (usually coffee but it's damned hot in AZ now).

I venture a 4th possibility... that they get these "contacts" and they, for all intents and purposes, are real to them, but they come from a weird "trickster" intelligence about which we know nearly nothing except it has been around as long as we can remember and manifests in bizarre ways usually associated with bright light balls... which people label as whatever seems appropriate to their own reference point in reality.

I'm not at all sure of this 4th premise, but talking to people who have experienced this (and reading reams of reports on it) I've placed this as a firm "maybe." I am convinced that at least some of the people who this happens to are as sane as any human is and credible... much to my bemusement.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So, just to be clear Baddogma, you are suggesting that the fourth possibility is that some entity, similar in nature to the norse mythological character, Loki, is periodically accessing the minds of mortal persons, and making them see lights and so on?

Thats no crazier than anything else I have heard said on the subject, and a damn sight more sane than say, oh I dont know, Alex Collier and his mind rot seminars!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Well, you certainly aren't alone. I've heard far, far weirder from "sane" people, actually. I put quotes around sane not because I doubt their sanity, but because human sanity is relative.

But as far as being sane in the way that we usually mean, as in not tending to hallucinate and being able to think in a logical manner when they wish, these people are sane. They just experience things many don't.

Though when you speak to a large pool of folks, more than one might think have had weird experiences that go against nearly everything the mainstream believes is reality.

I don't mean to open a sore wound, but what gave you the impression they were alien? I believe I've read a post of yours before that alluded to this, but forget the particulars... if you gave any.

The people who have had "high strangeness" episodes and meetings with "men in black" come to mind.

I had a friend who swore aliens were walking around, living here, for whatever reason, incognito. He pointed one out to me once and I couldn't perceive any difference to the normal human variation. He was "psychic" though, and people who shrug this off as "oh, he is just another whack-job" just don't know the person as I do.

It does sound completely insane, though, and I thank whomever I haven't had that level of weirdness! I count the UFOs and ghost/paranormal/things-without-visible-bodies encounters I've had as good enough to open my mind without loosing it ...completely... I hope.

So I sympathize with you and everyone even more alienated in this world who have uncommon experiences that they can't share because of ridicule.

Ridicule is good, otherwise we would have no grounding whatsoever... but it should be careful and open to possibilities, not blanket to anything outside of one's personal experiences.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess so... though I preface everything with "maybe." I have had some uncommon things happen to me and really crazy stuff happen to people I've known well enough to gauge their relative sanity as ...sane.

So... yeah.

Whatever the real reason behind this stuff is, I'll probably never know. Loki, Coyote, etc. is as good as any other... though I do have a feeling it's probably weirder than we can even imagine when all the layers are peeled.

Some days I wish I'd never heard of this stuff and think of what I could have accomplished when firmly grounded as a materialist skeptic... like I once was.

But then it passes and I am comfortable being an agnostic about reality itself.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think allowing oneself to be pigeon holed is not helpful to the cause of discovering wether or not we are alone in the universe. My angle is this. Mathematically we cannot be alone, but until some proper physical proof comes along, forensic standards applied to it, and its integrity remains intact, I cannot say for sure that we have been visited. That neither makes me an outright skeptic, nor a full on believer. It makes me a person who likes to see the evidence.

Some people mistake this as being on the fence, but it is not. It is a reasonable position to take, which far from being wishy washy, requires absolute proof in order to be certain, but remains open to various possibilities... apart of course, from those where those claims are concerned which cannot EVER be proven, because of the nature of the claims being made.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Agreed and agreed. Being the internet, and especially this site, I let more of my weird side out than I normally do (or can).

My position is like yours and most open-minded, rational people with a modicum of education and time in this world. I am wedded to no concept (or dogma) concerning the extra-mundane, but have my suspicions and hunches to deal with the outlandish experiences I, and others, have had.

Those outlandish experiences have me think we are being interacted with by something other than what is agreed upon or familiar. If it is found, for instance, that a certain chemical in conjunction with a certain EM field causes temporary hallucination and psychosis, then I'd say, "Great! Glad that explains that," and be on my way.

So far, though, no pat, or reasonable answer has done that for me. That's why I explore the currently unreasonable and am looking in the pasture a bit beyond the fence.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hello Baddogma,

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I can skit through thee basics of what happened to me and just throw in the key elements otherwise I would just ramble on and on. It would take too long going into the nitty gritty and I might as well just write a book. Thought about doing that too as a kind of therapy, but believe me i've tried that and panic sets in and I can't write a word.
I had never had a panic attack before, until all this happened. I didn't even know what a panic attack was. I used to think it was something to do with hay fever and someone not being able to catch their breath.
This fella knocked on my door one morning, claiming to be from Mori. It was a nice day and I was in a good mood, so I agreed to do the survey, but asked him to call back in an hour as my friend was calling round for a quick cup of tea on her break from work. Fast forward and my friend left. Exactly an hour had passed and this man knocked again at my door. He came in. Now usually I would have asked for ID. I didn't .. not like me, but I didn't. He came in, sat down. I could take my eyes off of him. He was so good looking. He started asking the usual consumer questions, then went on to questions about the NHS and about my GP. He asked if i had seen my GP recently and I said yes. Then trying to justify myself, by telling him there was nothing physically wrong with me and that I get ' this thing called sleep paralysis'. As soon as I said that he barked at me, 'there is no such thing!' 'i should know as I get it and it is just a chemical in balance in the brain'. I snapped back yes there is such a thing, at least it is real to me. Then getting nervous at this point I said 'well your brave, I obviously haven't got any balls!' In other words I am a coward. He then said don't say that you are female. his voice had got deeper and the whole atmosphere in the room changed. I started to shake and was hoping he hadn't noticed. Then ... his #ing eyes started to glow and I nearly feinted.He knew and with that he stood up put his lap top under his arm, kind of clenched his fists under his chin, bent his knees and bunny hopped out of my living room up the hall to the front door. It was when he stood up just before that I realized this bloke was far from normal. He was about 7 foot tall! When he got to the door he stood up straight and just said 'i might see you next week or I might not!' I slammed the front door. At that point I had never seen or met, so I thought anyone like that , that I could hand on heart say was not of this earth. His eyes glowed and I mean really glowed.
About 18 months later two neurologists I had been referred to did the same thing. Their voices got deeper and their eyes glowed. That day at the hospital was the turning point. I knew as soon as it happened I had seen it before with the guy from Mori. u2 me for more details ... sorry need a break from this.

hx

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Time travelling humans from the future coming back to stop a time or elemental altering catastrophic event, demonic forces imitating extraterrestrial beings in order to control fear of the unknown, super advanced beings from anyone of the known and unknown solar systems or dimensions. ONE THING IS CERTAIN! They do exist. Countless individuals with encounters of another kind are to overwhelming to ignore.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shockedamerican
I believe in aliens. I feel it's very possible that people who think they see ghosts are actually viewing beings from another planet or dimension.

There are many things we don't understand but I try to keep an open mind about the unknown.

I don't believe every critter we see is an alien. There are spirits that are native to this world and alien spirits. All of them exist in the spiritual world/extra dimensions. Some seem to be able to take up physical bodies and enter our physical world...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join