It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA docs reveal U.S. spied on Russian president - Plus other diplomats at G20 summit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Does this really surprise anyone? An actual story would be if one of these meetings went down without everyone trying to spy on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok so we know we aren't losing it, here is the, The Guardian, article that I was kicking myself for not quoting in the first place. Guess I did the right thing after all.

NSA targeted Dmitry Medvedev at London G20 summit

American spies based in the UK intercepted the top-secret communications of the then Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, during his visit to Britain for the G20 summit in London, leaked documents reveal.

You know we are not conspiracy nuts, we are seeing this crap happen right before our very eyes, while Joe public is tucked into bed. Joe wakes up in the morning and is none the wiser.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypress
reply to post by elouina

Does this really surprise anyone? An actual story would be if one of these meetings went down without everyone trying to spy on everyone else.

Actually, it does not surprise me. But you would think the ruler of a country would be off limits and especially at a G20 summit. I consider a G20 a sacred meeting of the worlds leaders.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well you might consider it sanctified but who cares right? All Governments spy on everyone else ALL the time. That's why we have spy agencies. What do you think these guys and gals do for a living? China and Russia are not surprised we spy on them, they do the same to everyone else. They are just laughing because some putz spilled the beans to the public. Snowden is a disgrace. He deserves a long jail sentence.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insurrection
The black comedy of it all is that Putin is sitting pretty mumbling "Amateurs" over in his world..
These type of leaks, they get a dramatically different response outside of Western sensibilities. -Mags
Totally agree
Russians and Espionage?
I'm frankly puzzled at this whole thing. We had wikileaks, anonymous, startford, DOJ, FBI etc etc and now NSA? hmmm
Something is simmering on the backburner thats for sure.
edit on 17-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wonder if this is how they found out about the affair going on?

Russia knew this. Putin said in an interview just the other day "countries do this. All countries do this" and sorta brushed it off.

He knows he can't use a credit card to move 10 miles without it being processed through the US and being watched. If anyone knows USA spies, Putin does.

I had occasion to go to where a G8 was being held. There were agents up on the roof a lot. Checking security for the upcoming summit they said.

Went to a close, nearby island. Saw the sat microwave and other signal guys on a little spot of beach. They didn't hide it.
edit on 17-6-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
NSA docs reveal U.S. spied on Russian president - Plus other diplomats at G20 summit

And in other breaking news...Bear takes a crap in the woods!!!

Sorry...but I am more concerned with the protocol and activities surrounding the survelience of American Citizens...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insurrection
The black comedy of it all is that Putin is sitting pretty mumbling "Amateurs" over in his world..

These type of leaks, they get a dramatically different response outside of Western sensibilities. -Mags

No Joke...Didn't we recently expell an entire Russsian sleeper cell spy family that had been hiding in the USA for decades???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join