It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Tweets: "IRS training with AR-15" while he was touring a DHS facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just ran across Realist News latest and it's a story about (R) Jeff Duncan of SC touring at DHS facility and noticing that IRS agents were training with AR-15 assault rifles. Now, I am betting these were capable of full automatic fire, and therefore "assault" is proper in this case.

I believe the government is getting very nervous about the people being fed up with the lies and heavy handed tactics and more are waking up every day. I take this report as good news because I do believe the PTB is a bit scared and believes there could be "push back" before they are properly prepared.

Let's see, the convo is probably like this:

Smith: You have the ammunition stationed around the country?

nebish: Check

Smith: You have the records of the worst freedom lovers?

nebish: Check

Smith: You have your put options done?

nebish: huh?

Smith: Nevermind.... it's months away

Nebish: Um sir, we have reports of over 9 million googling "Illuminati" every month, and local groups gathering, and this march in D.C. planned with armed people.

Smith: Dammit, it's too soon.... Get a hold of that idiot at the IRS... Have him put his group on alert to start training now.

I think it's all planned, but the timetable might be getting moved up. I am looking for a crisis event of some kind to distract the population in a very large way. Not sure what it will be, but it will be big. They passed the first test of martial law in Watertown. Now it's time to to it nationwide.

edit on 16-6-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

They will need every last 'soldier' if a revolt ever starts here.

They will also have to deal with "defectors" as it would be.

Maybe our fate rests in ObamaCare !

it's 1984 all over again pretty soon.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

We have to demand more from our elected representatives. I was just watching this morning on meet the press, or whatever it was called, that there's a room that is made available for any representative to go in and read up on any bill of classified document related to home security. The room is locked and available to any member of congress. They go on to say that not one member of congress has ever used or taken advantage of that room!

What do these representatives think we're electing them for? If they're not going to be the checks and balances for the people, than they have no business running for elected office. It seems clear to me that these representatives just sit on their duffs all day, just to collect a large paycheck and reap in the benefits of being a congressman or senator.

The only time they get off their duffs is when scandals hit the headline and it's time for them to show their false patriotic concern for the people of the United States. They never read the actual bills they have to vote on, and a majority of the time they're not present when voting on the bill. Who is regulating and keeping them accountable for their actions and making sure our constitutional rights are not being taken away?

Our members of congress and the senate are absolutely disgraceful. They're swayed by lobbyists, corporations, and other special interest groups. Their pressured by government agencies and by executive orders. They are making decisions based upon everything our forefathers didn't want. It's clearly written that "The government is for and by the people." It surely is nowhere close to that. Our representatives should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Greetings.

The AR-15's being used were only semi-automatic.

And the training happened "last month"

When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15

Duncan, a member of the Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, was touring a federal law enforcement facility last month, telling Politico that he was shocked when some of the agents firing the weapons told him they were from the IRS

foxnewsinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That makes no sense. Why would an entity dealing with money be training with assault weapons? I don't believe the congressman.
edit on 16-6-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ill bet the ARs were just part of the training, they would be trained with handguns too.....
(actually perhaps handguns make more sense if any for IRS......)
The writing is on the wall for everyone to read.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

That makes no sense. Why would an entity dealing with money be training with assault weapons? I don't believe the congressman.
edit on 16-6-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

"The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

IRS Purchasing Shotguns - No, Really

Combat training with shotguns is unbelievable too.................

edit on 16-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

That's one I missed and glad to see posted here. Good side of this is a representative is actually doing his job and not keeping this secret - letting the people know its strange to him too. The IRS is already intimidating enough. No IRS agent ever shot yet they've accidently fired their weapons? Makes no sense that they should be armed.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am confident when I say their tax agents and the like are ill prepared and severely outmatched in the event of a split between the 99.9999% of the nation and the 0.0001% of politicians. Think about it, look at how "rough" the majority of us live -- i can assure you those rich career politicans don't know the first thing about hardship. It would be comparable to some roughneck texas oil workers fist fighting against a team of Yale grads who study economics and how to # people over 101. They're on the losing side no matter how you slice it, unless of course they have a fully operational robot drone army.

But do continue to shoot those targets tax agent smith and jane. I'd like for you to use up as much of the stockpiled ammo the DHS has

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

DOD gave the local police department here 100 fully automatic M16a1's, old stock that's been sitting in USAF inventories.

Since DOD's been giving little Police Departments full-auto machine guns......it's a sure bet the IRS has full auto as well.

When I was in the military DOD didn't even have money to buy BULLETS so GI's could even qualify with the M16. They bought an aircompressor setup that connects to M16's and cycled the action while we "shot" at a big screen. Was an Army-Air Force project to save money.

HOW the "HomeLand Security" and IRS are buying BILLIONS of rounds of ammo....is BEYOND ME....DOD can't even afford to buy enough ammo to get all the GI's to qualify....clickety click on a computer screen now.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The IRS has its Law Enforcement branch to make arrests. The agents are armed when they make arrests (handguns). Every Federal Law Enforcement agency has its version of a S.W.A.T. or SRT team. In case the agents making an arrest encounter a situation that would require it and wouldn't need to rely on other Law Enforcement agencies for support. This is not a new thing, When I went through Training at FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) in GA over a decade ago, every agency had firearms training with multiple weapons.

You can argue if its necessary but it is certainly not new or has anything to do with the ACA.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They have close to 4,000 special agents who are considered police...not saying I agree with that...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Greetings.

When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15

Duncan, a member of the Homeland Security oversight subcommittee, was touring a federal law enforcement facility last month, telling Politico that he was shocked when some of the agents firing the weapons told him they were from the IRS

foxnewsinsider.com...

Well that's a relief! Now I don't need to wonder why IRS is training with AR 15 rifles. Does it not bother you with what has come out about the IRS targeting some Americans based on their conservative beliefs? That the IRS is claiming the 5th and can't find their receipts for millions spend at conferences? That these same agents are now practicing with AR 15 rifles?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Maybe because some people on the internet have whipped so many people into an anti-government mentality that people have started, you know, attacking census agents and other government officials.

My father in law was a federal auditor here in Canada, they often encounter threats and violence when doing an audit. Think about that for a second, then put it into the context of :

The government is coming to kill me and I aint given up my guns

Yeah, if I was an IRS agent, I'd want to self defense and weapons training. Who knows what whack job you are going to audit, and who knows what they are going to do.

but I digress....

The IRS is obviously being trained to be the first wave of shocktroops to come kick in your door and murder your kids, cause that's a totally realistic scenario.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Once again conspiracy theorists are late with the story... and it's not even a story.

Yes, some IRS agents have firearms (e.g. members of the Criminal Investigation Division). This has been the case for nearly 100 years. It is not news.

Yes, IRS agents who use firearms are required to train—and yes, sometimes people visiting the IRS will see IRS officers training. I don't know why anyone would find this surprising or suspicious.

No, they're not getting ready for civil war/violent crackdown/forcible implementation of martial law/pick your lunatic fantasy.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

That makes no sense. Why would an entity dealing with money be training with assault weapons?

It makes perfect sense. Just ask Al Capone.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
I just ran across Realist News latest and it's a story about (R) Jeff Duncan of SC touring at DHS facility and noticing that IRS agents were training with AR-15 assault rifles. Now, I am betting these were capable of full automatic fire, and therefore "assault" is proper in this case.

The government and military doesn't use full auto assault rifles anymore. Haven't since the end of the Vietnam war. The selector switch on the M-16 is for Safe, Semi, and Burst. Burst is a 3 round burst. This was done to conserve ammunition since soldiers in Vietnam were expending boatloads of ammunition and not hitting anything.

Full auto on an assault rifle is practically useless, It's not even really that great for suppression fire. If you have a full auto assault rifle and given a standard 10 or even 30 round magazine, you'd go through the whole magazine in a matter of a few seconds. You can do SOOOO much more damage using the Semi-automatic setting.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Once again conspiracy theorists are late with the story... and it's not even a story.

Yes, some IRS agents have firearms (e.g. members of the Criminal Investigation Division). This has been the case for nearly 100 years. It is not news.

Yes, IRS agents who use firearms are required to train—and yes, sometimes people visiting the IRS will see IRS officers training. I don't know why anyone would find this surprising or suspicious.

No, they're not getting ready for civil war/violent crackdown/forcible implementation of martial law/pick your lunatic fantasy.

May I ask why you are on this CONSPIRACY THEORY website? You do nothing but mock and insult fellow members. If my memory serves me well, I believe I have only agreed with one of your comments since you joined this site (of course, there may be some comments I've missed). I have frequently wished ATS had a vote-up AND a vote-down option for comments/threads!! I would be down-voting your comments most times.

Back to the thread: Whether this occurred last month (that's supposed to be a long time ago??) or this month, I am not comfortable with these recent revelations concerning government and its large weapons' arsenal...while simultaneously doing everything possible to prevent THE PEOPLE from having the same...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

The government and military doesn't use full auto assault rifles anymore. Haven't since the end of the Vietnam war. The selector switch on the M-16 is for Safe, Semi, and Burst. Burst is a 3 round burst. This was done to conserve ammunition since soldiers in Vietnam were expending boatloads of ammunition and not hitting anything.

Full auto on an assault rifle is practically useless, It's not even really that great for suppression fire. If you have a full auto assault rifle and given a standard 10 or even 30 round magazine, you'd go through the whole magazine in a matter of a few seconds. You can do SOOOO much more damage using the Semi-automatic setting.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

The government / military certainly does use full auto rifles and has for decades and they were always select capable. Of course it conserves ammo and the 3 round burst it better, but why does DHS or IRS need such weapons? When was the last time we had a war zone in America? I am really amazed at how much latitude some give to our "peace" keepers. If the IRS needs this kind of protection to do their job then it's better if the coordinate with an agency that actually deals with this more often like the FBI. Nonetheless, I'm sure they needed those 2 billion rounds of ammo and it's very important that American's can't buy any ammo, but boy they can sure enjoy having the right to keep and bear unloaded firearms.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

All of these agencies have had their "arsenals" since before you were born. In the 30's the IRS CID had Thompson Submachine Guns and Colt 1911 .45s or S&W J-Frame .38s. This isn't new nor is it news. The IRS has had the CID, their enforcement division, for over 100 years.

I have yet to have an issue buying any ammo for any of my numerous caliber weapons, even the heavy stuff like .50AE .45ACP and large caliber rifle rounds, .308 and up. The only thing I've had any issues getting is 9mm but that's because it gets bought up and run through at the gun club here pretty quick and dealers can usually only get so much a month. Seems like everyone has 9mm here which is one reason I prefer .40S&W .45ACP or .357Magnum for my carry weapon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join