It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions rock Damascus military airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Explosions rock Damascus military airport

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Two bombs struck a large military airport outside the Syrian capital of Damascus on Sunday night, the main rebel army said, with the explosions heard throughout the city.

The first explosion was near a checkpoint near the main door of the al-Mazzeh airport, and the second was near an exterior wall, said Louay Mikdad, a spokesman for the Free Syrian Army.

CNN's Fred Pleitgen in Damascus saw one of the explosions and described a white flash followed by a large plume of smoke and fire.
edit on 16-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK BOYS THIS # IS ABOUT TO GO HEADS UP??! ME PERSONALLY GONNA DRINK SOME CAN OF WHOOP ASS AND HOPE PEOPLE WOULD LEARN BUT # WILL THEY EVER????

Seriously I think humanity is doomed from birth. We are going down
((

We need more love and less hate. We need some absolutely changing episodes in this earth of ours. Im most concerned about earth itself. Mother Gaia is very concerned now.

edition.cnn.com

edit on 16-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So is this the US's first hit? Heard talk on CNN this am that bombing Syria's military airports would be a strategy.

World is going to hell in a hand basket. If it is US, it is only going to get worse, imo.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group based in Britain with a network of observers in Syria, said it appeared that a booby-trapped car had exploded at a road block near the airport, killing or wounding around 20 members of Assad's forces.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ayatolla of crapolla....It's of Biblical porportions I remember what Scripture says, so everyone leave Damascus, please
there,I said please....you have to do it.!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

That would be part of what prophecy says comes next... I thought this sequence was happening in 1990....but at that time, too much was still out of place and it didn't quite feel right, even at the time. Russia, for one, was weak and crashing then. Not strong...so the 'Attack from the North' against Israel wasn't logical. Saddam wasn't the right direction to fit. Now? I can't see any significant pieces out of place and just hope it's all a big coincidence for that, eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
So is this the US's first hit? Heard talk on CNN this am that bombing Syria's military airports would be a strategy.

World is going to hell in a hand basket. If it is US, it is only going to get worse, imo.

To be perfectly honest, worse things have happened in human history. This Syria business is not one of the worst, or something to be particularly frightened about or worrying that there'll be a world war because of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

Special ops. Blamed on sectarianism.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

If you hadn't noticed here lately, the United States is once again aligned, across a battlefield from the Russians. They were the Soviet Union the last time this happened....but close enough for Putin's work. If it doesn't radically escalate, it's a long haul. 10 years for Vietnam on us. 10 years for Afghanistan on them. I guess maybe it's our turn again, he figures.....but this isn't 'Syria' anymore and Putin is making that as clear as crystal. We arm the rebels, he arms Assad. They call this a state of Proxy war in the text books.

It's a real real bad thing when it's between nations that can take it direct and aren't doing it this way, strictly because they have to.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So is it Israel or USA or NATO or Jordan doing the bombing?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by springtime

These were car bombs...ergo, Syrian rebels.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I predicted this...the REBs are pushing at the airport to close the door to Iranian troop lifts.....
Damascus airport is the liely debarkation point for an airlift of reinforcements fom Iran......
Now i think the stingers the rebels have will be put to use denying the sirport to Assad....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yeah with 123 million on pledge aid from the Obama administration to the Syrian Muslim brotherhood aka "Rebels" I imagine that a lot of car bombs can be afforded.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, worse things have happened in human history. This Syria business is not one of the worst, or something to be particularly frightened about or worrying that there'll be a world war because of it.
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I agree to a point. When the US and/or other nations enter, all bets are off. No matter which side you are on in the Muslim world, we will anger someone, as will anyone who helps, and we will be a target, as will those who help us in the region.

There is no good answer here. Bigger wars, yes but this has the potential to bring in Russia, China, Iran and even N. Korea.

The US needs to stay out of other countries business, tho I do have concern for the people there who want freedom.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It makes no difference if it was a US military strike or a Syrian "rebel" (right) operation. The US is responsible either way because it is arming the "opposition". The US is doing the same thing it has done for decades in every part of the world--putting guns in the hands of those who appear to be sympathetic to Western interests. For some reason the people of the United States are completely oblivious to the fact that every time it does this, the people we've armed end up turning against us. Which they will do. They don't have US interests in mind; they serve their own ends. Even people with the most basic knowledge of recent history should be able to recognize this recurring pattern... but they can't.

The United States is a country populated by a people desperate to maintain the illusory lifestyles they have. It has to be willful ignorance, because no one is simply this stupid. This government does the same abominable things over and over and over and over again, proving itself (to anyone with an iota of critical thinking skills) to be thoroughly immoral and corrupt. Rotten to the core. Nationalism is a psychological disorder that prevents a person from accepting the idea that all is not well in utopia.

edit on 6/17/13 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yawn..........

2nd

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
What is the big deal here in Syria anyways?? The North African countries have high quality and nice quantities of oil reserves. Egypt has the Suez canal access point. Iraq was oil and Afghanistan was rare earths and Lithium for the new "rechargeable century". What is the deal with Syria though?? They don't have that much oil, at least not enough to justify any kind of ROI on the assets we are pouring into it??

Wrabbit you have pretty good insight into the real underpinnings of war. Does this have to do with pipeline control or something??? The only other connection I see is that all the nations from North Africa, Iraq, Egypt, Pakistan and Syria all have long serving rulers from the beginnings of the cold war for the most part. So did these guys all have some kind of secret knowledge we needed to keep buried??

I personally believe it has to do with archeology. These places are all ancient lands and I think we are trying as fast as possible to secure some kind of hidden tech buried in the ruins of lightly or unexplored sites.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

These middle-east wars are Israel's war by proxy.

USA is being used by the Zionists to fight Israel's wars.

The stages seem to be:

1. Stage 1 - Install hardline Sunni leaders (Force the population into blood-thirsty mode away from economic progress)
2. Stage 2 - Kill the hardline Shias by invoking Shia-Sunni divide (eliminate a lot of people and reduces Muslims's war fighting capacity)
3. Stage 3 - Foment trouble in Sunni ruled States in the name of public disaffection with rulers. Create conditions that these Sunnis unite against Israel and launch attack.
4. Stage 4 - Israel wins a bloody war and annexes most of the territory of neighboring States.
5. Stage 5 - A greater Israel is achieved as Zionist's political goal. The remaining Muslim population is limited to enclaves and controlled like slaves.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Suria Mubasher TV channel said Israel bombed advanced weapons and Radar systems that had been transported to the airport recently. Witnesses said the explosion was very large, and that neither the government nor the rebels possess the means to create an explosion of such magnitude.

IAF Bombed Syrian Airport

Does the IAF strikes Again or Just a BS like S300

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
double post
edit on 17-6-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join