It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman: Man of Steel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Has anyone else seen this yet?

I won't spoil it if you haven't, but look out for the not-so-subtle political messages imbued in this film. The idea of an advanced caste society, genetic selection, illegal natural births - and down on earth, strange reading material for a 12 year old child (who read Plato as a kid!)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You know at the end of the movie when the military commander is driving through the desert and superman crashes that drone in front of them. Did you find that conversation they had a little... coincidental in light of all the NSA stuff going on? I mean, these scandals didn't come out during the making of the the film, I am a little curious if that part was meant to coincide with what was going on; a little reinforcer for our brainwashed minds?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you are going to post spoilers please put it in the title eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Neither of us mentioned any plot elements. I was deliberately as vague as possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BinxieTrollestia

The other guy mentions what happens at the end...
Not hard to change the title is it?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The other guy mentions what happens at the end...
Not hard to change the title is it?

Its not really of any relation to the plot to be honest mate, don't worry.

When you do watch it, just keep an eye on those subliminal messages like I say though, you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Haha I ruined the whole movie. Superman destroys the drone plane! ***Spoiler alert***

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibraltarego
Haha I ruined the whole movie. Superman destroys the drone plane! ***Spoiler alert***

Apparently so...

But I think you may be right on the drone thing Gibraltarego, most of these high-profile films which they know will form part of the pop-culture are always riddled with political statements and ironic in-jokes.

Look at the last Star Trek film with planet 'Nibiru' being saved by humans (which arguably is a reversal of ancient texts.) A lot of this stuff makes us look like crazies, but there has to be a reason why they choose these little synchronicities.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I agree

Other threads WARN people first!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
We don't seem to have movies anymore. We have Polititainment.

It's why I watch very little outside a handful of shows I follow regularly. Duck Dynasty... Hell's Kitchen ... That sort of thing. Non-Political, Non-News stuff to laugh at. Movies, for the most part, just can't BE made anymore without politics in a co-starring role, it seems.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe movies are preparing us for the future as well, ever since I first laid eyes on "night of the living dead" I've been preparing for the zombie apocalypse!

It's coming I don't care what y'all say!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I believe movies are preparing us for the future as well, ever since I first laid eyes on "night of the living dead" I've been preparing for the zombie apocalypse!

It's coming I don't care what y'all say!

Well I wonder whether the zombie thing is actually true now to be honest. Once power and food supplies are gone it would be like a zombie film. Half the worlds population are verging on mental retardation.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Oh indeed..... You might say the signs are all in place . . .

If only we'd read them.. (cue creepy final destination music) They may be telling us something.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The film was WONDERFUL...I highly recommend it. Originally, Superman was created with and from 'subliminal messaging'...He was patterned after the story of Moses by two Jewish kids from Cleveland.
Enjoy the film...and try not to think too much.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I thought is was a good movie but I noticed that Superman was almost personified as Jesus. Even to the point where he says he is the savior of mankind and then does the "arms open feet together" cross pose. The visual effects were fantastic but the story kinda crawled up its own as$ towards the end.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Whenever that new and shortly lived television series 'Terra Nova' was airing, one of the episodes revolved around two meteors crashing down. Now during the week of the debut of that particular episode, there were apparently two near-miss asteroids coming soon. What was real interesting is that not only was that episode hinting at this but the entire line-up was revolved around 'end of the world'.

In a lot of the big hit films there are always hints or coincidences to current events, what strikes me with the new Superman movie is the timing of the scandals; the movie wasn't made shortly after Snowden released these 'not so secret' secrets and really anyone with half a brain already knows that dissent is monitored but left alone as to not create martyrs of any unwanted causes/concerns.

Although, there is a factor that weakens any arguments of some secret initiative to brainwash the masses. That is, in any story it is heavily influenced by the creators/writers worldviews. In western society, the majority(whether we believe or not) is influenced by our Judeo-Christian heritage and thus reflects that view. You'll notice that in Superman the birth control was labeled 'unnatural' and was closely associated with the destruction of society which was also coupled with the draining of natural 'unrenewable' resources. If you were to watch a movie that was 'pro-choice' or any pro-political stance you may find that the writers/directors whoever down the line had a view similar to the story they told/filmed/wrote etc.

With that said, there are some peculiarities in films/books that may or may not fit this explanation. It never hurts to speculate as long as we keep it rational and understand that our beliefs/ideas aren't set in stone(or in this case steel).

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

LOL Can a Superman movie be spoiled? Haven't seen it yet but I know he flies around breaking things and saves the day. Everything else is special effects, and they better be awesome! I'm still not seeing Superman in this new guy's face.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i don't frequent movies, far too expensive for mediocre nonsense,

though, if i did see this movie, i probably would have to see it twice, first time i would be distracted, second time i may be able to pick on the subliminal messaging,

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well if you can work out who Superman is ? Do you know his Son's name.It was in the last version.It's important for the future.It is is also hidden in the calander.
edit on 17-6-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Jason

2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join