It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror Gazing for Stimulating Visions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There is a word for this, scrying. I don't know how I know that, but I looked it up just to be sure.

I am Christian, so strongly believe in another life, both before and after this one. I know there are good spirits, I know I am protected when I remain in contact with the Holy Spirit, and I know there are many bad things out there, waiting for a chance to "get you." So I don't dabble in spiritualism, of which scrying is a part.

You are inviting spirits. Bad spirits need an invitation to get out. Don't do things that invite bad spirits. You won't be able to tell the difference, because they will trick you. This can be really dangerous stuff.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

its the same thing. its called scrying (probably lots of other names too).
you can use a mirror or a crystal ball, a crt monitor or a muddy puddle.its all the same
i use the back of my eyelids.

anyone who does this it would be interesting to know what you see...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Carlos Castenada covered water gazing in his book 'The Second Ring of Power'.

I have seen some things mirror gazing that creeped me out. Other people and such. My mother advised me not to ever do it, I didn't listen to her.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Op, you've likely seen me discuss on other threads how I had bad experience early on with Magick and the Ouija was only one aspect? Well....... Might I sum up my feelings about "Mirror Gazing" in one word? Don't.

Some things are better left mysterious. No kidding on this.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hi FlyersFan - never have tried it but an old friend and his then-fiance tried it quite a few years ago. I don't remember exact details, but they both said they saw all kinds of faces that moved about the mirror, and some of them were demonic-looking.
She said she saw her face turn into an old hag - like that of a witch in a Grimm's faery tale.
Freaked them both out.
They were straight when they did it, and they were solid-type people.
Have no idea, but wouldn't dare do it without protection (as what Unity_99 referred to earlier)

edit on 16-6-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: sp

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I did it one time, exactly as the OP describes....a darkened room with only a candle burning. My father had just passed away a few months prior, so I did it with the intention of trying to communicate with him.

His face appeared in the mirror, clear as day, and Lordy did it scare the crap out of me! It was so real and so vivid that I ran out of the room.

I haven't wanted to do it since. A little too scary for my tastes.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've actually tried this, didnt work, I was reading a lot about this, thought it was
interesting back then, suppose to be another form of meditation. I think its
just another troll method for the mentally ill.

On a side note, i dont think this has anything to do with spiritualism. Just
a another form to put you to sleep, basically form of sleep paralysis to cause
hallucinations. I dont think this is anything to due with spirits. I have Sleep para
tons of times just for the hell of it, its basically same idea of the chair/mirror.

edit on 16-6-2013 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

When I see things, it is in direct communication with Et or Guide, and yes they're here, and don't need permissions. They contact due to my antenna, and my wish to save everyone in the universe or have the Good Family of Healers and Counselors make the arrests and counsel/heal all even the bad guys for everyone needs to grow and learn in peace, safety, freedom and equality, especially HAPPINESS. Love never changes hats, so I denounce this complete thing/realm/hellzone and have since being a child. Don't approve of it, Love would never do this, Love Loves. The more good is in the world the more Good comes in, Good doesnt need permission. Opposite does!

In any case. i don't want to look in a mirror and see anything at all, wonder if what you see is inside you? Mirrors are also symbols. The world is like a mirror.

I have enormous Love and Trust for Family and the Good Team and who Love and Want to Be HOME and Everyone HOME, a gift to themselves and others, happy and growing, filled with goodness and peace and joy, and learning many wonderful things.

I don't need to seek where its not going to help a soul, and tend to trust the gifts Father/Mother sent me in with to protect me and whatever was meant to happen with them, and give them to Family/Source/God/Goodness/Highest Love/Christ Consciousness/Christ, and only the truth without any earth codes.....and Report to Duty for them to help all.

Not sure the mirror is the right thing, feel to me, it violates faith. EVP as in, how can I help you, and asking for Michael who is like a Dad to me, to all here, and Angels and Loved ones to help, assist and heal them, inject higher frequency and happiness, and help them to safe places, is completey different to me than this.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It didn't work out this time, I ended up falling asleep.

I'll try it again in a few days.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Try it using the details I gave, if you're game.

You need to cover a room with black cloth so the room is completely black.
Then light a candle and put it behind you.
Now using a largish mirror, that hopefully can be easily manoeuvred, tilt the mirror either upwards or slightly left or right so you can't actually see your own reflection.

Once you've cleared your mind of expectation you may then be in a mode to experience something.

edit on 17-6-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
It didn't work out this time, I ended up falling asleep..

Yep. I've had that happen. I get so relaxed and so entertained watching the landscapes and other scenes flash by that I just fall asleep.
Then the dreams are usually more interesting that way ....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

i am of the notion that this form of scrying does not link oneself with 'spirits' or other worldly beings...

rather... one is looking into one's deep subconscious... that fuzzy area/ twilight of the brain where memories & myths merge into a fantasy reality... You are only seeing snippets of neuronet paths of data & memories and imaginations all mixed together....

if you actually track down all the seemingly eerie and weird scenes played out before your mirror (or other focus point) you might discover that You had indeed seen them all before... maybe in night dreams or even mental images conjured during 'day-dreaming' sessions....

the mirror- scrying is more or less a motion picture of previous brain/mind images that are stored up in your brains (holographic) neural network....
now if a premonition can be deciphered from those normally locked-up snippetts of info and images floating around in your deep subconscious.... that's great...but it is not from an other-world source or Spirit or Alien or Channel

Nemaste

Add:
There are strange and wondrous things in these lands of darkness.
Please, don't worry about my wanderings in these infinitudes.
I shall return laden with rich booty for our knowledge of the human psyche.
--Carl Jung

this was my earlier 'Signature' line... Jung had some ideas on your thread topic
edit on 17-6-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I cannot imagine how this would work without some form of hallucinogen, or schizophrenia.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Bybyots

Water gazing .. similar to mirror gazing.
I could do the water gazing.
But something about mirrors is just kinda creepy to me.
I'd have to hear how it goes with others first.
I'm too afraid something would show up ... something from the mirror or something.
(Can't explain it)
edit on 6/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

They are similar but not the same...

Water is natural and was the first reflection. A mirror is man made non-natural or an imitation and unnatural. Why do you think a mirror is creepy?

Ponder on that for a bit...
edit on 17-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You can make your own "scrying" mirror rather easily, and they are much more effective than plain silvered mirrors.

Take a pane of clear glass, at least 1ft by 1ft, and a can of black spray paint. Add a coat of paint to one side, let dry, then add a second and third. Voila. Use the same technique as stated, a dim room with a candle behind you. Let your eyes unfocus.

Now, I'm not one to believe in spirits or otherworldly portals, but I will say that scrying is a form of sensory deprivation. Your subconscious will try to fill in information, and what you see is interesting, to say the least. Mystical? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Referred to as "scrying". And Nostrdamus would use a bowl of water and a candle in a darkened room while staring at his face-reflection in the water.

As a young teenager, we goofed with that. One can see all kinds of things. But, look into "skrying" for paranormal uses, for which it is used.

"SCRYING"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Referred to as "scrying". And Nostrdamus would use a bowl of water and a candle in a darkened room while staring at his face-reflection in the water.

As a young teenager, we goofed with that. One can see all kinds of things. But, look into "skrying" for paranormal uses, for which it is used.

"SCRYING"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now you have to tell us what happened, otherwise you're just making me more prone to do it..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

sounds like an interesting experiment.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join