It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We choose our future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I see many a discussion on here saying the devil is manipulating us, government has concocted all these schemes to have us where he want us but ultimately I think the "general population" has a bigger say than anyone?

Government is always playing catch up to that. We have to deal with advances in technology, in education with wars and more but we set the pace of such events by our mass beliefs?

For example the West have Christianity, freedom, rights etc. The East seems to be less freedoms but more fairness, Middle East is a mix basin of older religions. Its not the governments choosing this, its the people.

Ultimately its what we do to make that choice, be it discussions, signing up, voting, absence that decides. Its nice to have some influence even if it be very limited.

The choices we are making we can see have an influence on our short, long, very long and so long you shouldn't care but you do futures.

JST

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Many goverments are built and based on religion. Kings and head of states were believed to have straight connection to the God(s) or even being a God like Pharaohs, also religious prophets believed to have direct connection to God like Moses and Muhammed. Many goverments based on Theocracy, it was not people´s choice it was rulers choice. Nowadays many goverments have more liberal view and acceptance of the other religions but there is still countries where one religion is called state religion, also there is country like Saudi Arabia where believers of other religions can work and live but cannot build churches or worship their religion.

We have never really chosen what we believe we have basicly inherited our beliefs from our parents and countries where we live. Sure we can choose differently in most of the countries and in some other countries choosing differently can even cost your life.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A better world starts with you.

That's all you can do.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Rulers in past tense is ancestors really though, they dont rule us.
Rulers, leaders, idea men all have a greater say in our future there is no doubt on that.
Our choices have been limited, in some cases severely but in all I am happy with all my ancestors decisions if what we have today is the outcome, I just hope our generation can make proper decisions on our future.

Sometimes I feel our ancestors get a bit of a rough deal when we talk about their choices.

reply to post by Sinter Klaas

A better or worse world.

Many people have not had as much choice in thier present or future so i think we should be

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I agree that we are completely responsible for the world we see around us. It is a reflection of our inner consciousness. It shows us what we, as a group, still need to work on. I feel I am completely unlike the government, but really, am I? My news obsession is similar to their obsessive information gathering. My need to control (in lieu of absolute faith) is similar to their need to control everyone. And so on...

Our point of attention is so crucial in these times. We here at ATS tend to focus on the dreadful news and try to figure the first cause, but we will never discover who is pulling the strings. As you suggest, it would be much more productive to focus on what we want, decision by decision, to make a better world.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I believe this too and I also believe that the external world reflects back to us the things we need to learn both as individuals and (as was mentioned above) as a collective . It is like going around in a bubble with our personal hologram reality projected onto the inside of that bubble, yet the inflence is also there from other people's bubbles too.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidetube
For example the West have Christianity, freedom, rights etc. The East seems to be less freedoms but more fairness, Middle East is a mix basin of older religions. Its not the governments choosing this, its the people.

The West seems to be more controlling and religious. The West is not about "freedom" - nowadays it seems like people are always in another person's business trying to control their lives. Many people are aggressive.

The East is more about "respect" and obeying authority rather than "fairness".

So The West has mostly religious control, apathy, and fear which leads to giving up freedom,
And The East has more social control like strict forms of mannerism which leads to feelings of inferiority.

It was not the people who choose this. The people in The East grow up with this conformity and it sticks strongly in their minds and hard to break out of. The people in The West are brought up to believe that they are free and that if something is unfair just be apathetic and ignore because it's nobody's business.

top topics

join