It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 year in jail

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I love how whenever this happens, there's always at least one person who blames the victim.

Every
Single
Time

Well, when one plays the victim.........

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
One thing is certain: Ignorance, and the ridiculous nonsense that it can lead to, has absolutely no limitations. When dealing with ignorance of this magnitude, that is our current society, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.

[color=939393]Sadly, that↑ is something that continues becoming more and more blatantly apparent.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Polite Reminder:

Hi People,

Please remember that while topics can get us passionate about things...we should never get personal and poisonous about them.

Please keep a lid on the off-topic and personalised swipes at eachother.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Thank you, TheSpanishArcher, for posting the link. I had never heard of this documentary, "The War on Kids" -- had no idea things had gotten this bad in the public schools. (I do not have any kids.) I just watched the first 14 minute segment, the info is just incredible.

I will watch the rest of it later, but I can understand why this would anger you. If these stories are true ( and I believe they are), our public schools are destroying our kids.
reply to post by AuranVector

I have no children also but this doc got me truly miffed. At least some of the kids in the doc know they are in prison. That's a start but the whole situation has gotten so out of control it's beyond sad. The educational system when I was in it, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, was pretty much useless but to see it get to this level is astounding. I never thought the "PC' mindset would take over to this degree.

What a sad world we live in where a kid gets arrested for wearing a t-shirt.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

You got it. We'll tone it down. I'll tone it down.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by MysterX

Oh, please. Don't pull that projection crap with me. I'm not the weak one. The kid was at school. He doesn't get to do as he pleases at school. Like I said, deliberately picking a fight to play the victim. Can't really blame the kid .He was obviously raised by a coward and an idiot. Like father, like son. I was raised to understand that if I pick a fight, I better be prepared to win it. I don't just go around deliberately trying to get in trouble with the establishment with the sole purpose of whining like a beech when I don't get my way.

No sympathy.

You're doing exactly what you claim the 14 year old did. You in his class or something?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
He wouldn't stop talking, so he was charged with obstruction..

Am I getting this right?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I was recently assaulted by somebody with that attitude. People who are good with their fists and nonfunctional with their brains do not get to beat up whoever they feel like. Samuel Colt made us all equal.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Am I getting this right?

That's the way I read the story. Personally I could see resisting arrest, seeing as they claim the boy wouldn't come along quietly.

The quote from the father, Mr. Lardieri, really had me worried. He claims that his son was threatened by the LEO that they could charge the boy with making terroristic threats. Those sort of threats from LEOs to me is even scarier than what the boy is dealing with now.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No, I think the whole problem is that the men of this country are not being men. They are being chidish little boys. Throwing fits about what they can't wear, say, hang out, sect. But never, ever, ever, ever, acting on it. Yet, they are the fighters, the defenders, the protectors of the constitution and freedom, yet they never act. Only talk, write and whine.

That.......... is the only problem that I see.

Oh, I see, so you are calling for violence?

I guess you would rather have the kid go to school with a gun and shoot a bunch of people. That would make you happy I'm sure. Then you could blame pro-2nd amendment people for all your problems, right?

Wow, you sure showed your true colors, no need for a civil debate or peaceful protest just time to go show everyone how bad you really are.

You sound like an absolute lunatic. Go seek professional help you pedantic coward.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Polite Reminder:

Hi People,

Please remember that while topics can get us passionate about things...we should never get personal and poisonous about them.

Please keep a lid on the off-topic and personalised swipes at eachother.

Thank you.

Sorry I already took the bait...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How pathetic our school system as become. Essentially it has become a training camp for young minds indoctrinated into an authoritarian and politically correct mind set.

With that said -

The last I heard wearing a T-shirt with a message on it was considered freedom of speech. Now wearing clothes/colors/insignias that promote gang activities is clearly out.

Wearing an NRA T-shirt a terroristic threat?....C'mon.... Really???

America.... we are in trouble.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

No, I think the whole problem is that the men of this country are not being men. They are being chidish little boys. Throwing fits about what they can't wear, say, hang out, sect. But never, ever, ever, ever, acting on it. Yet, they are the fighters, the defenders, the protectors of the constitution and freedom, yet they never act. Only talk, write and whine.

I guess you would rather have the kid go to school with a gun and shoot a bunch of people. That would make you happy I'm sure. Then you could blame pro-2nd amendment people for for all your problems, right?

Wow, you sure showed your true colors, no need for a civil debate or peaceful protest just time to go show everyone how bad you really are.

You sound like an absolute lunatic. Go seek professional help.

What is lunacy is that nearly every one of these kids that commits a school shooting is on some sort of anti-psychotic medication and has been at the butt of verbal and physical attacks from their peers. If a beaten dog will eventually bite, is it any wonder that drugged and monitored unpopular kids eventually snap?

I see posts all day about monsanto, where is the outrage over the pharmacological bounty that is in every nurses office across the country?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Yeah.... I was sick to see the Nurses office at my son's school, the year before. An elementary school, no less. The container for holding medications to be regularly dispensed to the kids ...each bottle generally being a different kid...was a "Snap-On" Car Mechanic's tool chest and the tall version on wheels. Every drawer, stuffed with prescription bottles. The deep drawers, to judge by one I saw open, double stacked using cardboard trays. (sigh)

The majority, I'm starting to think, are on SOMETHING. Not 'drugs', but prescribed medication. As you also note.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

what was so bad about endorsing the nra on a tshirt this is america its the boys first amendment right to wear any shirt he chooses. if he was a girl wearing a burka nothing would have been said.
in america we have the right of freedom of expression we have the right to bear arms we have the right of freedom to worship how we see ft. what real laws did this kid break
was he going to use his shirt in a deadly assault was his shirt loaded with armor piercing bo seriously.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lipton

Originally posted by Nicks87

I guess you would rather have the kid go to school with a gun and shoot a bunch of people. That would make you happy I'm sure. Then you could blame pro-2nd amendment people for for all your problems, right?

You sound like an absolute lunatic. Go seek professional help.

What is lunacy is that nearly every one of these kids that commits a school shooting is on some sort of anti-psychotic medication and has been at the butt of verbal and physical attacks from their peers. If a beaten dog will eventually bite, is it any wonder that drugged and monitored unpopular kids eventually snap?

I see posts all day about monsanto, where is the outrage over the pharmacological bounty that is in every nurses office across the country?

Maybe if kids were just allowed to express themselves with T-shirts it wouldnt lead to anti-psychotic medication or violence.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lipton

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Am I getting this right? [/quote.]

The quote from the father, Mr. Lardieri, really had me worried. He claims that his son was threatened by the LEO that they could charge the boy with making terroristic threats. Those sort of threats from LEOs to me is even scarier than what the boy is dealing with now.

thats is the scary part..i believe they have changed laws or are trying so that "terrorists"
do not have to be afforded the same rights..they just call you a terror suspect and they can do what they want to you, this is what they are gearing towards
edit on 16-6-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This one is so easy it amazes me there is even a debate. Some of you really need to educate yourselves on our cu rights and laws. Deny ignorance, stop trolling and stop bringing the iq and reputation of ats down.
The boy has the right to wear what he likes
The school has the right to enforce its dresscode, ultimately with expulsion
criminal law has no place in this civil matter and has no right to enforce law on a minor who has not commited a crime. Policy is not law, verbal obstruction is not a crime it is a right called free speech.

If you disagree you are ignorant because everything above is fact not opinion. Apologies for punctuation im on my phone.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But... but guys, didn't you hear?

Guns are evil, and they kill people of their own accord. People who like guns are the devil incarnate.

Didn't you get the memo...?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Schools have dress codes end of discussion. This is actually promoting criminal behavior and the defenders do not see it. Break the rules and what don't go to jail why do we want to teach this?

Where is the state or federal law that states breaking a school dress code is a criminal offense.

You guys can't be this dense....

It has nothing to do with the clothes, it's the obstruction part that is a criminal offense.

He probably did talk his mouth off to the officer; He could have been a bit more prudent and kept the shirt on and there wouldn't be a criminal offense, but he was probably nervous when confronted by the officer and as a defense mechanism talked way too much and put up a stink. Hence, obstruction.

Smallest dogs can bark the loudest....something the dad might want to keep in mind.

And no, even if the case wasn't dismissed, he wouldn't be going to jail for any amount of time, just wouldn't realistically happen.
edit on 6/16/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join