It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weed killer found in human urine across Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is glyphosate is so good for Monspanto why they don't drink it everyday with their meals? they should prove like that, that their poison is good for everybody.

It is sad when we are forced to get this crap into our bodies without asking us first if we want it or not.

Regardless of how it got into the urine of the people tested this should be considered an assault on people with poisoning substance.

Then we complain about countries when they use chemical weapons, I consider pesticides just the same, they are chemical weapons against humanity.
edit on 16-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Can you imagine if there ever was a full scale test done for other things in humans around the world such as heavy metals, other types of pesticides , plastic byproducts ,radiation and all of the other nasty things we humans produce. But that would never happen , it would scare the sheeple too much, cant be doing that kinda of thing as it would hurt the bottom line. What we don't know wont......er" will" hurt us....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Studies has been done, but the US do not acknoleadge them as reliable due to patent rights of the companies involved, if the companies do not give permission for the testing the testing is no acceptable in the US.

GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies

Companies like Mospanto lies to the public when they claimed toxins were destroyed in the gut

Toxins implanted into GM food crops to kill pests are reaching the bloodstreams of women and unborn babies, alarming research has revealed.

A landmark study found 93 per cent of blood samples taken from pregnant women and 80 per cent from umbilical cords tested positive for traces of the chemicals.

Millions of acres in North and South America are planted with GM corn containing the toxins, which is fed in vast quantities to farm livestock around the world – including Britain.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here's the latest:

Heavy use of the world's most popular herbicide, Roundup, could be linked to a range of health problems and diseases, including Parkinson's, infertility and cancers, according to a new study.
The peer-reviewed report, published last week in the scientific journal Entropy, said evidence indicates that residues of ‘glyphosate,’ the chief ingredient in Roundup weed killer, which is sprayed over millions of acres of crops, has been found in food.
Those residues enhance the damaging effects of other food-borne chemical residues and toxins in the environment to disrupt normal body functions and induce disease, according to the report.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk... tility.html

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the story and info op.

. . . and when they ask why illness, disease and autism is at record rates and climbing higher? I just shake my head and sigh....while trying not to cry.

We're killing ourselves like no other lifeforms are capable of doing and most call it progress.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Greetings!

Do you know what happens when one ingests glyphosate?

In a review of 80 intentional ingestion cases, 79 of which were suicide attempts, researchers identified typical symptoms of erosion of the gastrointestinal tract, dysphagia or difficulty swallowing, and gastrointestinal hemorrhage. Seven cases resulted in death.

npic.orst.edu...

Only 17.5% of the 80 cases was fatal.

I think the lesson here is that one shouldn't try to commit suicide by swallowing roundup.

edit on 16-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You have completely missed the point. It does not matter how many companies use glyphosphate in their products, the chemical kills plants and therefore for it to get into the food chain if will have got there through GMO food crops that are designed to be resistant to glyphosphate and THAT is a Monsanto product. Glyphosphate breaks down on contact with soil so that is not a way into the food chain for it.

I would suggest that if you choose to add such bracketed phrases as boo, hiss, implying that you do not consider glyphosphate/Monstanto/GMO to be bad that you get a better understanding of the subject. If however you consider that it is OK to ingest glyphosphate because of the GM crops that are produced by Monsanto then good luck to you and your body. Maybe you should do a little research before you post?

I choose NOT to knowingly use GM foods as I long ago realised the implications of this and other GM 'innovations' by these agri companies.

edit on 16/6/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The only other reasonable explaination is that it isn't becoming inactive in the soil at all and running into groundwater, ending up in drinking water.

If it's not on the crops, and why would it be unless the crops are GMO, it must be in the water.

What else is in our drinking water?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

In CZ it is common practice to spray not fully mature wheat with glyphosate based herbicides. Plants dry quickly and are ready for harvest.
Farmers do it if there is risk of prolonged bad weather and/or if they mismanage machines/men schedule during harvest time.
edit on 16-6-2013 by JanAmosComenius because: 2add

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

I am speechless!!! That is absolutely appalling and a practice that should be stamped out.

Basically I have to retract what I said that the only way this can get into the food chain is if GMO foods are involved. Disgraceful practice and goes totally against all advice that food crops should not be sprayed with chemicals close to harvest.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JanAmosComenius

Wait a sec.... They DELIBERATELY spray the *WHEAT* crop so they can harvest ahead of natural schedule?? I get the need to kill it, but THIS is how they do it?? For a food crop???

@ Thread

The toxicity and death rate to direct ingestion is interesting in a trivia pursuit kinda way, but irrelevant. The guys in Vietnam who were soaked in Agent Orange like taking a shower, didn't keel over and die on the spot. It wasn't for many years or even decades that many came to know by health effect....they had been casualties of the war and just never got counted as one.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes, Monsanto said them it is harmless. Ordinary people here know nothing about Monsanto history or present deeds in USA, India, etc.. Scientific community is generally pro-GM (at least those who perform in media) and if they talk about subject they never mention dark side of present day agricultural practice. For many are USA still dreamland if not holly cow - what came from there must be good. It is one side and the other is that more then half of fields is "cultivated" by large agricultural companies which do not own land - just rent it. So profit is once again driving force of this - and now I'm pretty sure - crime.

2add ... There are more glyphosate based herbicides on market but RoundUp came first and is still most popular despite higher cost. That is why I say "Monsanto said ...".
edit on 16-6-2013 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

It is even on Monsanto web site as advertisement:
www.monsanto.cz...
Roundup Rapid should be applied 21 days before harvest because it will kill weeds, stop over maturing of crops and dry it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This study to me, is just an observation, not a prediction of the future. Somehow, glyphosate is present in urine, along with ampa, which should also be present as part of the transgenic process dictates, to my understanding. Any geneticist is welcome to chime in, though I doubt they will for various reasons, if they're here.

As for the why it's present.. maybe the meats and other commercially farm raised animals consumed feeds that were transgenic gmo which had been sprayed with glyphosate and not washed properly because the product was to be used for animals and not humans?

Perhaps transgenic crops are being confused with organic crops?

The question still is what reason is glyphosate in people taking this piss out of curiosity?

I think this is a great study to be taken elsewhere as well. Perhaps Europe has the lowest amount of glyphosate in their urine

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The following quote comes from this site:

www.activistpost.com...

Didn’t Monsanto produce saccharine (1901?), DDT (1944), Agent Orange for the Vietnam War (1960s-1970s), Posilac®—bovine somatotropin (Bst) for dairy cows (1994), Roundup Ready® soybeans (1996), Roundup Ready® Cotton and Roundup Ready® Canola (1997), Roundup Ready® Corn (1998), and receive USDA authorization for planting Genuity® Roundup Ready® Alfalfa and Genuity® Roundup Ready® Sugarbeets in 2011?

Yes. Monsanto has a long record of producing toxic chemicals.
reply to post by Philippines

Wow, why would anyone want to deal with any company that is involved with so much toxic material? AND our government trust them to handle our food supply

THIS IS INSANE!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Horrible thought as they contain many carcinogenic compounds, on a lighter note my disabled mothers neighbour stole the plants from her garden and when we tried to take them back in broad daylight they accused us of theft and called the police (they are travellers whom came from a caravan) the police sided with them so I think I might go and wee on there garden a bit in the dark tonight.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They use it to kill bugs to they don't lose part of their yield. Everyone like veggies without little holes and more money! It's a combination of greed and cruelty.

Those who belittle others who call out MonSatan for their crimes should be neutered and put away.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

Lot of government officials and representatives own Monsanto shares ... it is largest company working in perspective field ... between Monsanto/EPA/FDA/FAO are doors revolving constantly ... business as usually

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thanks for that information, I am one of those freaks that will not consume GMOs willingly and check labels all the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by markosity1973

The only other reasonable explaination is that it isn't becoming inactive in the soil at all and running into groundwater, ending up in drinking water.

If it's not on the crops, and why would it be unless the crops are GMO, it must be in the water.

What else is in our drinking water?

That is something best left alone in this thread as it is about Glyphosate only.

If you really knew what is in our water, you would probably never drink it again. But if you want to know how to be safe, get a good quality water filter in your kitchen, it's the best thing you can do for yourself if you are concerned.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indepedent

They use it to kill bugs to they don't lose part of their yield. Everyone like veggies without little holes and more money! It's a combination of greed and cruelty.

Those who belittle others who call out MonSatan for their crimes should be neutered and put away.

Let's get this right, so we don't all look like sheeple fools baaing at the moon;

Roundup and it's glyphosate relatives is a broad spectrum herbicide it is used only for spraying on plants to kill them and them alone. It does not directly kill animal or insect life when used as directed.

I have heard DDT being bandied about in this forum too - it is a pesticide - it used to be used for killing bugs etc (insects) that made said holes in veggies etc.

One poster on here has raised the practise of spraying Glyphosate on wheat crops to kill them off and dry them off approx 3 weeks before harvest. This would be how it is entering our bodies. We are eating food that has been directly treated with it.
edit on 16-6-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join