It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cant have peace.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You cant have peace as long as there is good and evil conflicting with each other. Once you assign good and evil to objects, you subject yourself to conflict. Fighting against what you have determined to be evil is only you fighting. Theres no peace in that.

You cant have peace in the pursuit of good. When what you already have is what is good, you will have peace. When what you already have is bad, you will not. You cant have peace if you believe in bad and you cant have it if you pursue good.

Its all according ti what you believe is bad and what you believe is good that determines if it is good or not. Good and bad are determined by you and only apply to you. They are subjective. But no one is saying you have to have peace. We live without it a lot of the time, but it is there if you want it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The way to life is peace. It is the straight and narrow path. You exist. You are what you are and this is what it is. You are a representation of it and it is a representation of you. The degree to which you accept what is equals the degree of your aliveness you will allow yourself to feel. To accept is to grab life by the horns and be life. The more you accept, the more you dig your feet in amd the more alive you are. This is what peace is.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think "true" peace would either be a evolution progession or the end of humanity.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

evolution progession
reply to post by proob4

I agree...only for my lineage

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Very interesting post. It is thought provoking. I'm not sure that I can agree with you, but that may be because I don't understand it correctly.

Good and bad are determined by you and only apply to you. They are subjective.
Ok, I've got that. I decide what is good and evil. But then you say:

Once you assign good and evil to objects, you subject yourself to conflict.

I feel trapped by your statements. I can determine good and evil, but if I do, I lose peace.

What's going on here?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
You cant have peace as long as there is good and evil conflicting with each other. Once you assign good and evil to objects, you subject yourself to conflict. Fighting against what you have determined to be evil is only you fighting. Theres no peace in that.

You cant have peace in the pursuit of good. When what you already have is what is good, you will have peace. When what you already have is bad, you will not. You cant have peace if you believe in bad and you cant have it if you pursue good.

Its all according ti what you believe is bad and what you believe is good that determines if it is good or not. Good and bad are determined by you and only apply to you. They are subjective. But no one is saying you have to have peace. We live without it a lot of the time, but it is there if you want it.

I would have to say good cannot exist without evil and vise verse . Without the fear of evil we would be neither good nor evil, we would be as dogs void of intelligent consciousness. I aint felt this good in a long time.

Live action.

wooooo.
edit on 16-6-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

I think you're right. He's not describing peace, he's describing oblivion.

Just as an aside, if right and wrong is entirely subjective, why even bother to try for peace? What makes it good? Some people think conflict is good.

It's thought provoking, but none of the thoughts seem to end up anywhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
be "at peace" within your self
the world will do as it will

eta:
but don't forget to keep a big stick handy for all the buttheds that are not "at peace" within themselves

edit on 16-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by Danbones because: but then what do I know?... I spelt "eta" wrong

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by lucifer6

I think you're right. He's not describing peace, he's describing oblivion.

Just as an aside, if right and wrong is entirely subjective, why even bother to try for peace? What makes it good? Some people think conflict is good.

It's thought provoking, but none of the thoughts seem to end up anywhere.

Oblivion isn't too far off for a description of true peace.

Peace isn't about being good or evil. It's equanimity and detachment. You only consider it to be 'good' while you still hold on to those concepts, but once you detach yourself from them, then peace just is.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Peace is realizing that you admit 'all that is' prior to any rejection. You are the screen with an image appearing upon it - the image is already showing and it is complete. You are the unconditional yes.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think one of the best literature showing the hope for peace - and the realiztion of good and evil is The Lord of the Flies.

There will always be evil among us.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Evil doesn't exist.

It just represents the negative side of the balance created by ourselves. You will find peace when you cause stability. To only experience one side is impossible. They are one design.

Like right now... I feel out of balance, that makes feel terrible, but is it evil to feel ?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

Im glad you brought up detachment. Attachment is the root cause of all suffering. It binds you. It restricts. Attachment is, to me, most detrimental when it is an attachment to identity. I did really well in school I believed I was smart and great. But thats relative. Nothing relative is absolute nor true. I attached myself to this belief and I sufferred because I was wrong. If I had not attached to this belief there would have been no problem.

Some say desire causes sufferring, but I say, deeper than that it is the attachment to the desire. People say live in the now to end sufferring. I say yeah. Attachment is always an attachment to something in the past or the future, whether it be an accomplishment, a tragedy, or a goal. To live in the now means to detach from the burden of attachment which can only be that which is locked in the past or the future.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You cannot have peace unless you have freedom. If you are stuck in control having to obey whatever another tells you to do, then you cannot have peace you can only having surrendering but suffering will continue as you are forced to do things against your will.

Nothing is more important than that I feel free because freedom is the basis of life. Someone controlling you is a suppression of Truth because it distorts the reality that all are born free (until someone is allowed to control you).

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ABSURD

I find this thread to have started a bit absurd, and ended it completely. Except for Damsel, who is sitting calm under the bodhi tree, without distress as a Master Observer/interpreter.

No, really, sayings like, evil is the negative side blah and does not exist and theories blhblah, not?

BLAH

So, what was this thread about again. Oh yeah, piece. I found itisnowagains 'thought' on it to be profound.

Peace, what is peace? Is peace the same like harmony? I think it is.

And good can exist without evil people. Since this terminology comes out of the bible you need to go forth on the bible, and it says Satan and his gang will be in the Fire for a 1000 years, so there will be no evil on earth for that period of time, which means there will only be good. Evil needs good to exist, but the other way around is not true. Figure that out will you, please. Have a mind, please.

Blah, ti ti ti ti ti ti ti..

SHUT UP.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Damsel

Im glad you brought up detachment. Attachment is the root cause of all suffering. It binds you. It restricts. Attachment is, to me, most detrimental when it is an attachment to identity. I did really well in school I believed I was smart and great. But thats relative. Nothing relative is absolute nor true. I attached myself to this belief and I sufferred because I was wrong. If I had not attached to this belief there would have been no problem.

Some say desire causes sufferring, but I say, deeper than that it is the attachment to the desire. People say live in the now to end sufferring. I say yeah. Attachment is always an attachment to something in the past or the future, whether it be an accomplishment, a tragedy, or a goal. To live in the now means to detach from the burden of attachment which can only be that which is locked in the past or the future.

The ever changing scene on the screen cannot be grasped - what is there to attach to?
You do not have to live in the now - because now is all there is. There is no you separate from now.
Presence just appears different constantly.
Realize the screen which is the stable one and there will be a peace that surpasses all understanding.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just remember,

If love goes in,

Peace comes out!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Here's a MONSTERcoffee, for you coffee monster.

Piece

P.S. What comes out when coffee goes in?
edit on 16-6-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

With all due respect, Smith, please take a few years to really study mankind, his nature, how he survives amidst the turmoil created by others, how he is forced to fight evil that is determined by others in his own family and tribe. Look at the insane world about you and tell us how peace on earth or merely peace of mind is possible.

The only way to achieve peace is to live entirely alone and far far away from man, but then by our own nature we are a tribal species, so merely remaining isolated from others can cause severe mental distress - which is not peace of mind.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Pees....

As to the thread title, never tell me I can't because I will

Peace starts within each person, and then spreads to those around you,
at least that is the idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join