It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream consumers waking up to Xbox1 spying on them! Amazon leading the wake up call!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Just pre-ordered my Xbox One from EBgames tonight... cant wait!!

I have a feeling its going to be phenomenal, in every sense of the word.

I hope your being sarcastic have you even been reading this thread?

I have read and digested every morsel of news pertaining to both next-gen consoles... and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Many non-gamers will jump on this pathetic bandwagon.
And any gamers who also decide this is a good idea should forfeit all rights in the future as far as complaining about why gaming has gone down the drain.

My pride would never allow me to buy into this crap. It is kinda like selling your soul.

Ummmm, I'm a MAD ASS gamer and I will be buying one and a PS4. Jesus guy, chill out.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Actually on this issue I will not chill out DUDE. If people buy this crap it will be the end of gaming and privacy at the same time.

This is bigger deal then most people understand. They are trying to get you to willing give up your freedom.

And to make it worse they are targeting young people who might not even understand just how evil this machine actually is. Microsoft could care less about privacy or gaming.
edit on 18-6-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Actually on this issue I will not chill out DUDE. If people buy this crap it will be the end of gaming and privacy at the same time.

This is bigger deal then most people understand. They are trying to get you to willing give up your freedom.

No, it will NOT BE THE END OF GAMING. People like you are not going to buy the system, fortunately for you, that's a WHOLE lot of people, with that being said, the system will flop due to poor sales and Microsoft will be left in the gutter and that PR guy at the company will most likely be fired on the spot or whoever's great idea it was for there marketing campaign, so guess who wins? Sony! and clearly they don't have to have an always on connection or the PS eye device either. So gaming will not die...maybe some of your awesome titles might, maybe...
bruh, your privacy was lost A LONG time ago, as evident of what the NSA apparently has been doing.
Just saddens me because I actually do like the xbox....Me, my box and all the halo games have spent many good years staying up all night, playing for whole days on end, hours upon hours.....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

With attitudes like......well you privacy was lost along time ago. This mindset is what allows them to think it is alright to try and push this kind of crap.

And you had better believe if sales are good the rest of the industry will follow this lead. And yes gaming will suffer big time. Gaming is really a secondary issue the privacy issue is far more reaching.

But why demand better when we have already lost right.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

But why demand better when we have already lost right.

Heh, to ease our suffering bruh, to ease our pain.....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Is a gaming system really a big issue in life? TPTB over at Microsoft figured the population was ready for this kind of invasion of privacy. This is very telling. From our phones tracking us to cameras on every street corner. Now they want to be in our living rooms.

When will the apathetic population say enough is enough? Personally I think people will just accept all of it as long as they can stay plugged in.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Is a gaming system really a big issue in life? TPTB over at Microsoft figured the population was ready for this kind of invasion of privacy. This is very telling. From our phones tracking us to cameras on every street corner. Now they want to be in our living rooms.

When will the apathetic population say enough is enough? Personally I think people will just accept all of it as long as they can stay plugged in.

See, you already know the answer bruh. The moment society got hooked on smartphones and FB, I knew the privacy issue was doomed. Face it, it sucks bruh, I know. But if you asked people to throw down there cells, you think they will? no. I completely understand where you are coming from and don't like it anymore then you do. Most applications I have I always turn off the GPS and other services that try to acquire your position and data for advertisements. I can only do soooo much.
Yes Gaming is a big part of my life. As a kid in the children's shelter during the early years, all the older kids paid no attention to me and I was probably the only new kid there, no friends and nobody to talk to, I really didn't do much but cry and wonder where my mom was at and if she would ever come back for me.
Then one day our caretaker came home with the NES. I instantly forgot everything and becamed hooked on Mario. I remember it being so difficult that I couldn't beat the first stage, till one day I passed the first level and went screaming down the street boasting my gaming prowess. In my opinion, Gaming has been there for me, in times of need and lonely times, even when my parents yanked me out of my HS during junior year to start at a new HS with new people, I didn't want to start making new friends, so I did what was always there for me, play my video games, thank you FF7....
The best we can do is minimize the result of this whole privacy issue, not turn a blind eye, but rather do our best to make it difficult for them to spy on us, as best as we can.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Consoles are for children...PC's are for real gamers...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Yes, cause real gamers are more adult than childish console gamers......evidently.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

Don't buy it. Punish bad business decisions by exercising the only vote we are really allowed, where to spend our money. F microsoft xbox. Xbox is an inferior machine and now its a privacy invasion. All they are gonna see is the most collosal business blunder and their name on the front page with the headline GAME OVER!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Ummmm, I'm a MAD ASS gamer and I will be buying one and a PS4. Jesus guy, chill out.

Now heres a man who plays videogames. I'm right behind ya, brotha.

You can hook your PS4 into your XB1 HDMI in and VOILA! You can use all the XB1 functionality with your PS4. Matchmaking, web browsing, notifications... the list goes on!

They are like two peas in a pod. No PS4 is complete without an XB1

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

Now heres a man who plays videogames. I'm right behind ya, brotha.

You can hook your PS4 into your XB1 HDMI in and VOILA! You can use all the XB1 functionality with your PS4. Matchmaking, web browsing, notifications... the list goes on!

They are like two peas in a pod. No PS4 is complete without an XB1

Who told you that fairytale?

The xbone HDMI-in functionality is designed for TV-decoders.
Anything else that you connect will do nothing more then when you connect it directly to your TV and all functionality on the xbone HDMI-in will be lost.

There wil be no xbone functionality combined with the PS4.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kromlech
The Xbox One isn't out until November, so, how are mainsteam consumers "waking up to Xbox1 spying on them?" Cool, how'd they get one so early? Wow, source?
edit on 18-6-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

Microsoft openly advertised how it would spy on you during the first reveal conference.
You dont need to own the console to wake up when the company behind it announces these "features" and even advertise it as it is a good thing.

The worst part is that most console gamers hate the kinect, but yet this time around they force it on you and even say straight out that it will spy on you.
No wonder why even average joe is realizing this is a bad thing.
edit on 18-6-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
Consoles are for children...PC's are for real gamers...

As a person who play on all of these platforms I would say that the real child is people like you who make such comments.
Why the heck do you have to bash whoever makes a different choice than you?? Consoles and PCs both have their pros and cons. There are plenty of excellent games on consoles you wont even find on the PC.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatestOfAllTime

Yes, cause real gamers are more adult than childish console gamers......evidently.

Uhhh yeah I think I already said that.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Why the heck do you have to bash whoever makes a different choice than you?? Consoles and PCs both have their pros and cons. There are plenty of excellent games on consoles you wont even find on the PC.

I'm just keeping it real. Yeah there are plenty of games that are not on PC and only on consoles for ONLY 1 reason...

There scared of internet pirates...they can't make money off a game that everyone downloads from the internet for FREE.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Ya I agree with ya. We can only do so much. I also grew up playing Nintendo I loved tecmo bowl. Contra is also a all time favorite. I believe it is up/up...down/down....left/left....right/right...a/b....a/b.

Maybe that is right?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatestOfAllTime

Uhhh yeah I think I already said that.

Well you obviously are not.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

I'm just keeping it real. Yeah there are plenty of games that are not on PC and only on consoles for ONLY 1 reason...

There scared of internet pirates...they can't make money off a game that everyone downloads from the internet for FREE.

I'm confused. Are you saying people don't pirate console games or people don't pirate PC games here? Precisely why do you think 'there' (sic) scared of them?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join