It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators skip classified briefing on NSA snooping to catch flights home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Many senators elected to leave Washington early Thursday afternoon instead of attending a briefing with James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, Keith Alexander, the head of the National Security Agency (NSA), and other officials.
The Hill

WTH!!! With an important briefing about spying going on, they choose to catch flights home? Shows just where thier priorities are! I hope the people in the areas they represent get this news so they can recall them!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Great avatar OP.

On topic: What do you expect though? Do you honestly think that any politician cares about privacy? Nope, they care about money and spending as little time as possible doing their jobs. There is a reason why the U.S. is in the state it is in today, and it's not just the presidents fault.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yep, this is how your country got into the mess it's in now, and why the UK is not much better. These are self-serving career politicians who sit on their lazy behind all day and pay idealistic young lackeys to do the actual work for them. The only reason most of these ignoramuses are in politics is to line their own pockets.

All of those who skipped out on this should be facing a sh*t storm from their electorate, but we know that won't happen, because they're all sat on their lazy fat behinds cheering on a dancing dog on some third rate talent show.

And the USA slides a little further into the sinkhole.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

either too steeped in corruption to not know anyway or too afraid of what they may find out.

where's a Tissue Compression Eliminator when you need one?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Dock their pay. They're paid out of the US Treasury so we're all getting cheated no matter what state they represent.

Oh NVM... I bet their paycheck is just a drop in the bucket compared to the Lobby Money they get! Punish them SOMEHOW! I know-- no Lobby Money for you if you don't attend every session!

Oh wait, we'd need a law for that, and guess who makes the laws...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Dock their pay

No, force them to sign up for Obamacare. - in place of the cushy health care system they have for themselves now.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dock their pay?

They all need to be removed from office, and put into handcuffs.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Dock their pay?

They all need to be removed from office, and put into handcuffs.

I fold my cards... your idea trumps mine!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They were probably instructed to go home to pack up their things and head for their caves. With global thermonuclear war looking more and more prominent, they got a head start is all I see! Too many crazy people have a "big red button" these days, wish there were still nuclear fallout shelters like they had when I was a kid. Peace and Godspeed, Xenongod

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It is beyond disgusting since most of them are so dumb about telecommunications and privacy that they really need a briefing. On the bright side, they will not be exposed to more disinformation from that lying liar. S&F.

I really don't understand why some of you smart states with recall don't recall your dufusses. I am in a state that, sadly, doesn't have recall.
edit on 18-6-2013 by DiscreteParticle because: (no reason given)

top topics

join