It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a "sensitive"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for your advice. I honestly feel that I am in that "soul searching" part of me right now. I am reaching out into the world and myself to see who I am at this moment, who I was earlier, and who I can be in the future. I am also constantly trying new things, and getting into new experiences (even if it scares the hell out of me.)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Have you heard of empaths? They pick up on other's feelings and physical pain, too. You probably need a strong technique of grounding yourself.
Here's more info about it :

mojan.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelsoftheapocalypse

I very much apologize if I mistook the situation. It is something that I find all too often these days. I should be more careful about characterizing someone as such. I do wish good luck to discover the problem. The whole of our being (mind, body, spirit connection) can be discombobulated in incredible ways by such unincredible and hard to determine causes sometimes. Sometimes it is symptom of something very great. The stress and hardship this causes can be such a negative cycle which makes it seemingly impossible to find the root cause. Sometimes I begin my search for a cause by using this,

www.astrodreamadvisor.com...

Try to become aware if your dreams visions pains or problem awareness comes at the same time of the day each time. If so, you can check and see which body part/function corresponds to this time. This can give you answers (or more likely a path) to questions you have not yet perceived at this point. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valex

I have heard of empaths. Never really thought of myself as one though, maybe I should look more into that.
Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Honestly, I don't blame you for jumping to a conclusion like that. I also find a lot of people to be that way these days.

I just went to the website that you suggested, and looked over a couple of the parts of the Qi Cycle, and Heart is one that sticks out.. I don't remember if I said anything on this forum, but my heart does skip beats, and it also talks about low energy, pale skin, ect. Thank you for showing me this!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just wanted to take some time out and thank everyone for the great insight and info that you all have been giving me. I honestly feel better about what I have learned about myself in a short period of time, and look forward to what I will learn about myself in the future. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Honestly, I don't blame you for jumping to a conclusion like that. I also find a lot of people to be that way these days.

I just went to the website that you suggested, and looked over a couple of the parts of the Qi Cycle, and Heart is one that sticks out.. I don't remember if I said anything on this forum, but my heart does skip beats, and it also talks about low energy, pale skin, ect. Thank you for showing me this!

Ooooo...that sounds interesting, as I too get palpitations. Have since childhood, and also anemic....going to go read that article now!!! TY

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

There is no configuration.I have it too ten fold.
At least I don't feel alone now.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Your dreams sound interested, try flying in them! That would be great fun!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The soul searching never really ends, once one question is answered for yourself, more will come up. It is an exciting and life long journey.

Best of luck to you!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
I have just been told that I may be a "sensitive". The reason why the person who told me this said this is because I have vivid dreams, I have seen and felt things that aren't there, and get very depressed, sick, have ulcers, ect. Doctors can't seem to find a reason why I have these things happen to me, but they continue to plague me all the time. I am also constantly drained, and never feel like I ever get a full nights rest even though I am out for anywhere from 6-8+ hours. Like I have said before, I have been through multiple tests, and nothing unusual has ever come up. What do you think?

Hmm this is very interesting. I too have had times where I would have somewhat different symptoms from your own, yet doctors would be unable to find anything wrong. They would attribute my ailments to stress or other "psychological problems"; in other words, they would say it's in my head or it's all because of my state of mind. My intuition always would tell me something else is going on and that there really is something to this (is not just "in my head"). I am curious: Do you ever wake up with odd indentations or marks that were not there the night before you went to bed? Are you afraid or nervous around doctors at all (and do you have dreams about doctors or dreams with medical themes)? You also mentioned smelling a weird type of smell with some kind of "rot" that is kind of sour yet also kind of sweet. Is it may be something similar to the way cooked cabbage that's been sitting out would smell?

As for the person who suggested hormonal imbalances, this is a possibility. However, would these hormonal imbalances be causing these issues or would the hormonal imbalances be a result of being more "exposed" to what some would call "supernatural" forces? After reading multiple posts from the OP, I am thinking this is not likely especially based on having had multiple tests performed. With that being said, it is still a possibility.

It's also silly to suggest we simply make up demons, ghosts, angels, etc. in our heads as if they absolutely don't exist. We see about 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum, hear a very tiny portion of the acoustic range, etc. Some people can actually taste pH testing paper (said to have some kind of bitter taste) while others cannot (tastes just like regular paper or in other words almost like nothing). Dogs can hear objects from much further away than we can; oh yeah, if a female dog is in heat, that scent can be detected by male dogs from MILES away (which I can attest to by personal experience). Heck, we know UV radiation exists yet we can't see it (but bumblebees and many other insects actually can). Are we going to say those insects are seeing things that aren't there because we cannot visualize this type of light without specialized technology? Is it logical to say that dogs are really smelling odors and hearing sounds that don't exist simply because we cannot perceive it ourselves? Would you tell those people who get a bitter taste in their mouths after licking pH testing paper they are tasting something that doesn't exist because you yourself don't possess the genes to taste what they are tasting? Oh yeah, and everything we see is actually the brain's PERCEPTION of how things are. The colors we see on a daily basis are a result of us having cones in our retinas, although other animal species do not have these (therefore cannot see color). So in a sense, what we physically see in this "reality" is merely a reality created by our brains. And yes, our eyes CAN lie to us (just as our ears can). With this being said, I like to say "believe none of which that you hear, half of what you see, but you can always trust your intuition above all else".

Some people can see and hear things others can't, simple as that. In my opinion, based on the posts I've read, other things I have read up upon and my own personal experiences, I would say you sound like a "sensitive". Something I think you would find to be an interesting read would be about Highly Sensitive Persons (HSP), which was a topic that was written about in Psychology Today back in August 2011. These individuals are said to actually have a hyperactive nervous system, which could be the case for you OP. Unfortunately the entire article is no longer available online but there is a good deal of information online otherwise. Here is a link to some information about it from Psychology Today:
The Highly Sensitive Person
edit on 6/16/13 by rainprincess64 because: Adding information, included link to article

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sometimes I began to think paranormal only involves "dreaming" for some reason.
Maybe 95% accounts for it.

As for being sensitive, I think its nothing more than new age bs

I have all sorts of dreams from lucid/obe/asteral, but basically its all the
same thing; its a "dream". I think people read into too far. Not trying to
sound mean, but thats my guess from what people seem to think.

Maybe need a healthier diet, sleep better, exercise. I used to be like this
lots of times, sometimes im full of energy as well. You'd be surprise a nice
walk outside would do, instead of on the computer most of the day.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rainprincess64

To answer you questions, yes, yes, and yes.
I wake up with bruises, ect, that weren't there before I wen't to sleep. I have had several sleep studies done, and all have come up as being negative for any sleep disorders, so that would rule out thrashing out while asleep.
I dislike most doctors. I think this however, is due to the fact I was in the military for 8 years, and grew a hearty distrust to military doctors because most of them couldn't tell a degree from a fast food menu! That and every single time I would come up with a legitimate concern, they would either just shoo me off or give me Ibuprofen..
since then however, I still do not like going to the doctors, and still don't like meeting new ones..
I have had dreams about medical themes/docs... one of them had to deal with me rushing my brother to the hospital, or one dream was about me being shuffled through the hospital in a hospital bed..
The smell... the best way to describe one of the smells I smell is that of sweat (not B.O.) mixed with leather, or something like that... it's definitely strange..

I think I have read that article in Psychology Today. There was another interesting article in the same publication that talks about PTSD and patients who have creative minds. It basically stated that each one of us has a type of "filtering system" in our minds that filter out things like lights, sounds, ect, so we can focus more. With creative people, this filter is thinner, which lets in more stimuli, therefore boosting the creative process. Maybe this is what "sensitive" people experience? Maybe their "filter" is thinner, therefore they get more stimuli and therefore see the paranormal easier than most?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

1)
Now it is clear you are concerned about this issue and may be here to vent a little, or seek alternate views, or whatever have you.

So some advice for this would be to address the issues in your dreams. You mentioned your brother on a hospital bed, perhaps you should take this as an opportunity to read some literature about patients in hospitals or maybe about the history surrounding hospital beds, or maybe dig into some real psychology literature on the subject of hospitals/ dreams.

This at least gives you tool to engage with the matter at hand that directly involves YOU rather than merely trusting in the answers of others.

Also you may find exercises for lucid dreaming very helpful. This could prove very helpful for dealing with the traumatic sounding dreams you are experiencing on occasion.

2)
The article you read about creative minds stemmed from a study on schizophrenics whom were found to not be fooled by optical illusions. That is they would not perceive an image of a face to be extending towards them in the third dimension, or away for that matter, but rather processed the image as it really was without the 'auto correct' found in larger sections of the population.

I am not saying you are schizo, but there is a strong correlation between creative/ artistic types and these perceptions.

3) Read #1 again as a palate cleanser after reading #2

Best wishes to you.
-FBB

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Hmm this might sound like a crazy suggestion but the reason I ask is due to the fact that a lot of what you describe could be alien abduction criteria (the odd smell you describe [which is pretty hard to describe really ha ha], the dreams about doctors [this depends on a variety of factors ofc; however, do the doctors ever look... odd?], not liking doctors [understandable why with doctors not always knowing what they're doing as you said but still there could be more to it than that], the strange marks on your body you wake up with that weren't there before you went to bed, etc.). I think you may want to read up on that. I also read that article about PTSD and such. What you are referencing there is what is called latent inhibition (when you speak of "creative people" having a thinner veil).

The "sensitive" people you speak of in terms of being hypersensitive to external stimuli would have what's called Low Latent Inhibition (LLI), meaning they cannot block out external stimuli very well at all. It is believed that those who have LLI and have lower IQs (or lower intelligence generally speaking depending on your view of the IQ test and such) often go "mad" or develop disorders such as schizophrenia, while those who have LLI and have higher IQs (or higher intelligence generally speaking depending on your view of the IQ test and such) tend to be more creative and such, sometimes leading to becoming a creative genius. These people literally cannot block out external stimuli and it can be rather overwhelming for them. So it's entirely possible more "sensitive" people have a lower latent inhibition; however, that article was mostly referencing people who have a more sensitive nervous system and are more receptive to emotions and such (or in other words, interpersonal interaction), and not necessarily environmental stimuli like is the case with people who have LLI.

Either way, to me it sounds like your "psychic veil" is thinner and you are therefore more receptive to this type of stimuli. I've read your other posts and to me it doesn't sound like you are experiencing these problems due to medical problems as others are implying. Sometimes medical problems can cause people to have these strange issues, other times not. There may be a correlation but there's not necessarily a causal relationship between paranormal experiences and medical problems.
edit on 6/21/13 by rainprincess64 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i am a sensitive, your symtoms in the first post sound like stress.....i am hardly ever sick.....in fact i have no idea when the last time that i got sick.

another sign of being a sensitive is that animals and children are drawn to you.....i hate animals but they always always seem to love me, same with kids.......ive been through a couple of tests...and was told from a "pychic" that i was a high level sensitive and could tell before she even talked to me.

sometimes its overwhelming in certain social situations...especially involving lots of people....i am a naturally quiet/unsocial person

my dreams are always full color and i ususally have control...i have spoken to my grandfather shortly after his death in a dream....was actually comforting.

ive seen things all of my life,and am not bothered by it really.
edit on 24-6-2013 by TAVG09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TAVG09

I think that it's different for different people to be honest as far as what they do or don't experience. At first glance I could see why one would say stress based on the first post. However, I read the other posts made by this person and I personally believe they are a sensitive indeed. This is my personal opinion however, as the one who would know best is the OP themselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainprincess64
reply to post by TAVG09

I think that it's different for different people to be honest as far as what they do or don't experience. At first glance I could see why one would say stress based on the first post. However, I read the other posts made by this person and I personally believe they are a sensitive indeed. This is my personal opinion however, as the one who would know best is the OP themselves.

true, i just glanced at the first post.

no one can speak for someone else and how they feel.......i guess if op has signs and believes themselve to be a sensitive then they just might be one lol

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I recently did a thread on this, but it might be worth checking out- Highly Sensitive Persons.

This comes from differences in ones nervous system which make them very sensitive to very subtle stimuli.
It makes you highly empathic- and not in the mental way!

For there is a way of being empathic using Theory of Mind...that is when you form an idea in mind of what another thinks, feels, believes, intends, and that stimulate emotions you can attribute them to the other. This is the kind of Empathy people use on internet, for example. This is where you get people imagining they can tell what others feel from the words they use on a post.

But there is empathy that stems from the body and subconscious mind instead, in which you pick up the bodies messages - not only body language, tone of voice, but also subtle smells, the heart rate, temperature.... and your body has a strong mirror reaction. Stand near someone who is repressing anger, your body will begin to produce the hormones of anger, for example. You may not even be aware consciously they are angry, and yet suddenly you're getting hot, your blood pressure is rising, heart rate getting faster.. sometimes blood racing to your extremities, all the natural responses which set you up to fight or flee.

Because your body goes through all kinds of reactions all day long, it gets build ups of toxins from the hormones.
This can bring down your immune system and leave you getting sick often. It can cause things like acne, asthma, ecsema, ulcers- the kinds of problems that tend to be considered psychosomatic (caused by nervousness and other mental states).

People who have this trait (approx. 20% of the population- same percentage in animals too) often end up being the one in the family who is seen as unstable or fragile. Partly because they end up being the one who ends up acting out the unsaid and repressed emotional waves of the others in the room. Family get togethers with undercurrents of unspoken tension can just about drive us crazy.

In my own family, I was the one who was said to have "medium" sort of powers from the time I was very little and would see and talk to people that others could not see. I described the presence of various family members, for example, that were dead before I was born and no one had ever spoken of. (I don't remember this). I have a had a LOT of supernatural type of experiences since.

Personally, I don't feel very concerned about pinning down the nature of such experiences. But if you take this sensitivity into account, there could be many explanations. It could be the way my subconscious is putting together info it picks up from others around that is subconscious. Things like smells, and sounds, even if so low frequency I am not aware I heard them, could stimulate associations with memory and bring up images.

This means a lot of subconscious communications with people and animals all day long, which can result in a very active dream state at the end of the day. The subconscious has a build up too, that needs to be evacuated.

I developed the habit (out of necessity) of not becoming attached to my emotions- they move through quickly like clouds on a windy day) and not really relying upon them to make choices or anything. I do meditation, and self hypnosis, which can help bring down levels of anxiety.

But exercise is very important- one needs to USE the hormones in physical exertion and you get less build up!!!
If you have this, you can learn to use it. Practice paying attention to the changes inside, and experiment- move close to one person and monitor what is happening inside, then move away, pay attention to the changes back and forth.

There are ways in which this can be a useful trait, but one has to learn to take care of themself. And personally, I have come to the conclusion that otherworldy entities, in general, are best ignored.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The easiest way to answer this is to ask you...What am i feeling at this moment in time?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join