It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend a Good Novel about Ancient Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I love to read, and I go through "phases." Right now I'm in an ancient Egyptian phase. Hopefully someone can recommend a few excellent stories set in ancient Egypt.

I've read the Wilbur Smith novels, and Margeret George's Cleopatra. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Gratefully,

smylee

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hi smyleegrl,

Since you asked I am happy to be able to tell you about Joan Grant. I'll keep this post spare, so as not to spoil the fun of discovering her beyond my suggestion.

Winged Pharaoh

And there is a second set in Egypt that follows that one. let me know when you want historical-fiction-meets-Greece, I know some good ones for that, too.

edit on 14-6-2013 by Bybyots because: Oops, you got Wilbur

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Novels set in Ancient Egypt

?Also when will the next book club circle be.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

Novels set in Ancient Egypt

?Also when will the next book club circle be.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: (no reason given)

Anytime! Got a book in mind?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Shaun Hutson wrote a horror book called Compulsion.

A gang of teenagers is running riot on the streets. Responsible for a number of burglaries and car thefts, the police are at their wits end trying to put a stop to the gangs activities. Just when it seems things cannot get any worse, the gang targets Shelby House, an old peoples home.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This isn't exactly a novel, it's more of a biography, but it's one of my favorite books of all time and that's out of 1000s now. I rarely read fiction but this straddled the line between nonfiction, history and maaaayyybbbbeeee fiction, nicely.

"The Search for Omm Sety" by Jonathan Cott.

www.goodreads.com...

www.amazon.com...

It's likely available at your library, it was a best seller for a long time. If I remember correctly, it was edited by and a favorite of Jackie Kennedy when she worked at the publishers.

Ever since I've read it, I've wanted Seti as an astral lover myself...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Death Comes As The End by Agatha Christie

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not sure if its your thing,as it's fantasy,and its not all in Egypt .

The Bartimaeus Trilogy .
It's set in London ,but the demon Bartimaeus is ancient ,and has seen civilizations built ,and fall .
He flashes back to other times in his life quite a lot ,and the last book is about his most beloved master ,who was Egyptian .

There is now also a fourth book ,that is a prequel to the trilogy ,that takes place in ancient Jerusalem.

The original series was coined the anti Harry Potter series ,as its also about a child wizard ,but he is ambitious and calculating .
I re read it all peridocially ,because its awesome .
Bartimaeus is quite witty and has a sly dry sense of humor. I love him .

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/14/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The Egyptian by Mika Waltari. It's one of my favourite books in general, and it's heavy on the ancient egyptian stuff, if your'e into that.

One part towards the end is so beatiful it actually made me cry once. But I was a bit drunk at the time, so.. yeah.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
River God by Wilbur Smith

new topics

top topics

join