It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- US says it will give military aid to Syria rebels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Let's put everything into context here, the U.S. will arm any "terrorists" who can help them, Osama Bin Laden anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Obama needs to be impeached. There is no question about it anymore! Tons of scandals everywhere and no one is doing a damm thing about it. Joe Biden isn't the best candidate either but at least we will have a new face to look up to that is actually american born and raised. Obama is fake in so many ways I can't be bothered to explain it again and again.

As for britain and france they also have problems with imperialism. Britain is worse of the two.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Obama needs to be impeached. There is no question about it anymore! Tons of scandals everywhere and no one is doing a damm thing about it. Joe Biden isn't the best candidate either but at least we will have a new face to look up to that is actually american born and raised. Obama is fake in so many ways I can't be bothered to explain it again and again.

As for britain and france they also have problems with imperialism. Britain is worse of the two.

Britain invented imperialism lol

But its not just Obama, why do you yanks think he is the be all end all of all the corruption? Surely you have to realise he is just a figure head! Yes he needs bringing down but so do the last few presidents and all your congress deomcrat and republican that are neck deep in all this!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Oh i know it goes much deeper than obama. Royal families, bilderbergers(fancy name for big business), vatican, masonry, etc. But we have to start somewhere and Obama is the current POTUS so lets start there. Once he goes down and the bs continues then we can impeach some more, and then some more. It never ends till the cycle of massive corruption stops.

I am so glad I did NOT vote for this IMPOSTURE president!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Then who did you vote for? Cause the republican president would have no doubt done exactly the same if not worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Then who did you vote for? Cause the republican president would have no doubt done exactly the same if not worse.

I didn't vote at all because I live in europe and have to file for an absentee ballot which is rather tedious and pointless. If I did vote I would have voted for constitution party and presidential candidate virgil goode. It got about half of one percent of the total vote.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There's nothing about war that's sacred, or just, or honorable -- nothing!

American foreign policy is nothing more than self-serving corporations, stealing what's not theirs.

Jihad battle cry "Allahu Akbar" is nothing more than a blood thirsty kiss-ass expression.

Zionist Israeli agenda is nothing more than the self-centered plans of spoiled children.

Your judeo-christian-islamic "gods" don't exist, but your demons damn well do.

It's time to simply allow people, all people, to live and let live.

Peace on Earth

edit on 14-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Awesome, so lets give these ragtag bunch of established government haters brand spankin new American made weapons so they can kill syria's army who is defending it's country against a influx of terrorists also known as "freedumb fighters" aswell as elements of AQ and other slimeballs like those who come from the mecca of peace, saudi arabia, with a desire to kill other muslims just to obtain their bloodlust.

Give it another 2-3 years and those weapons will be used against America in our next conflict in the ever expanding theater of war in the Middle East. The public outcry at home will be minor if anything because the brain-dead populace we have won't even recall us arming them because their memory is comparable to that of a goldfish with a learning disorder, and who wants to remember things like this when you have season 12 of So You Think You Can Dance! Please, if you will kindly sit down shut up drink pepsi watch ABC primetime and enjoy the pretty costumes and amateur music provided there is absolutely nothing of concern to see in the real world citizens, just pay attention to your "truth box" better known as TV set and make sure to donate $10 next time a disaster happens and you're bombarded with commercials from celebrities asking for your money.. or else you're a jihad loving freedom hating baby killing cyborg.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
oh, that's just great....

MORE military aid for an internal conflict in another country, that's once again, none of our concern....

and where exactly is glorious leader s**ting the money for THIS little foreign adventure?

we should be taking care of OUR people in OUR country, before we even CONSIDER the possibility of further meddling in the internal affairs of another country.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw the news about US arming the "rebels" and made a different take on this. For me, the US neither wants Assad in nor do they want the alternative - so the best solution is a stalemate. Yes that means humans killing humans, so they will provide enough arms for the rebels to keep the stalemate. Hence their reason for this decision (at least a few weeks after chemical weapons was first touted by the French in May ) - because Assad looked like he now has the upper hand.

I also think that Soviets want to keep Assad and do not want militant Islamists on their doorsteps (they still have Chechnya fresh in their memories), hence their reason for protecting Assad. They definitely have a different agenda to the US.

Just my reading of the situation.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

All I can say is that nothing ever changes. This is just more the same as Iraq, as everyone here knows. More fraud.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2013 by jimmccracken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sure, lets arm our future enemies
Obama is an idiot, needs to be impeached and sent to prison

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2013 by jimmccracken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I think the rebels can be split almost in two,

the Islamist terrorists (Al Nusra and so on)

and the Nationalist terrorists (most of the FSA and so on)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmccracken

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak
Awesome, so lets give these ragtag bunch of established government haters brand spankin new American made weapons so they can kill syria's army who is defending it's country against a influx of terrorists also known as "freedumb fighters" aswell as elements of AQ and other slimeballs like those who come from the mecca of peace, saudi arabia, with a desire to kill other muslims just to obtain their bloodlust.

i have to be honest, i don't know a whole about the middle east, its people, its ways etc... but "freedom fighting" as far as i am concerned is one of the most honorable things a human being can do. do not mistake it for terrorism as western media would love to have you believe. if your country was invaded by a foreign dictatorship, you can be sure as hell you would be out, fighting, to regain your independence and sovereignty. ie. FREEDOM FIGHTING put your self in the shoe's of an average middle eastern man for one minute, can you do that? now imagine your history being one of invasion from the western world for as long as history can record. do you not think, for one minute, if you were in that situation, you would do exactly the same thing these people are trying to do?

I am not knocking true freedom fighters, aka the syrians who are fighting back. I do not recognize foreign travelers from jordan, qatar, saudi arabia, iraq and iran that travel to Syria in order to gain more combat experience...they aren't fighting for their freedom -- they're fighting for money, weapons, and recruiting =/

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
sory dude i didnt mean to lash out, i just have the most god awful head cold and am in a very scorpy mood.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmccracken
sory dude i didnt mean to lash out, i just have the most god awful head cold and am in a very scorpy mood.

as it stands i'm battling a case of strept throat right now lol so i feel you on that. I don't get mad when people have different opinions than me, so you have nothing to worry about as your post was well thought out and made a good point. actual freedom fighters are to be admired, they're brave people fighting for change against a corrupt regime. But paid-for-mercenaries are not freedom fighters and they give those honest people a bad name

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Bush used the chemical weapons pawn for Iraq, and now Obama seems to be leaning the same way toward Syria...................hmmmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sending arms will only escalate the situation.

We need to NOT get involved, let them sort it out for themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join