It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Phenomenon of the Black Stick Men

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I honestly hope they're just another hoax though. A while back when I first spotted this I thought "Well, big deal."but I have to admit it's a bit creepy now after dark.

Perhaps they're just like the shadow figures as well? They only scare for your energy to sustain themselves. Then again though, I still go with people just seeing things because it's dark and they're tired. Any videos for now are a hoax to me just for a basis of further research.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reminds me of the endermen from minecraft...
they dont bother you till you look at it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
seems like a creepypasta to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

There's a little bit of every topic in my paranormal thread; the thing is being able to locate it in the 150 pages of experiences. LOL I remember a couple of people sharing their experiences about these stick men.
I found one, but I don't have time to look for the other one right now.
I'm pretty sure there is another one in the thread where the person said the stick people seemed to emit some kind of static electricity.
Here is one of the stories:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To my immense surprise I saw these three things... these beings walking from one side of my garden to the other side. They walked passed my door. It freaked me out so I looked down, when I looked up again they were gone.
Now the thing is.... I know that other beings exist. But I never ever heard of these three I saw. I will try to describe them: Like said, there were three of them. They looked like a family to me, because of the length.

The tallest one was almost the size of my door, the second one a head shorter and the third one was like two heads shorter. (The size of our heads) Their body's where what surprised me though. They were very thin, looked like wood, with arms and legs and their heads.... I am not sure about their heads... I cannot describe it. They moved like we do and where in a hurry.
I could see them so clearly, like they were human beings trampling my plants... I went through different stages afterwards. Denial, then fear ( i couldn't looked outside without drawing a big breath first, what if i looked outside and would see tons of them in my backyard....crazy! I know. And of course doubting my sanity... ) followed by acceptance and the search for validity. But still I can not find anybody who knows what I am talking about.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The sound a little bit like the "gentleman"
From the Hush episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
They glided when they walked. Very creepy for a campy show.
www.google.com... 024&bih=622

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Lol that report in the OP reminds me of the reports given by ET about us...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
English artist L.S. Lowry used to paint them all the time

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Yes i first saw those pics on this video:At 1:36.

At o:45 there;s also something that looked stick-y.Creeeepy.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I would love to know about the pic at the 32sec mark.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yeah, but some people will believe anything and post about it on ATS. In my opinion it looks like a grainy nighttime video that had post-production CGI added in (the Fresno video.)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Those that are small are the tuplas.They can assume human looking forms according to legends.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When you said stick men my thoughts turned to an episode of Dr. Who, called Fear Her.. a little girl was inhabited by this alien spore and what she drew came to life. One was just a scribble, like you might make when checking a pen. It became this three-foot-wide ball of graphite cable that was charged with energy, hence the humming, charged-air feeling with the stick men.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Great Thread
S&F
Those things always scared me

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
For years I've been calling this sighting of ours a 'shadow man' ... but perhaps he is a 'stick man'.

Out in Gettysburg, across the street from the Farnsworth House, on the hill with the pine trees. Every time we go there after dark we see what I was calling a 'shadow man'. But he looks exactly like the black stick figure that you see on road caution signs. I didn't know that there were 'stick men'. So maybe this guy is a 'stick man' instead of a 'shadow man'.

He runs between the trees. He acts like a kid playing a game of trying to sneak up on you but not let you see him. He's fast but he always holds his pose. It's like he's stuck in his stick man pose but he moves anyways. He looks like this - Picture Here

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You've seen this thing more than once? Wow...any pics? Do you live nearby or just visit on vacation?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Ok, so I just made an account here on ATS just to respond to this. Today I have been pretty bored and looking up creepy stories. I came across the slenderman legend and remembered something I actually saw when i was a teenager. I googled "tall dark stick man walking at night" and found the forum of which you posted first, but saw that most of it had been discussed around 2009. I read the description of the black stick men and it exactly matched the description of what I saw. I continued to look for more recent discussions of this and found your post. I want to tell what i saw but I want it to be read, not ignored like it might have been on the other website's forum.

This took place in Lakewood, Ohio. When I was younger, it was my freshman year of high school in 2003, i had a boyfriend that lived on the other side of town from me and we spent as much time as possible together. So he would take the bus to my house every morning before school and we would walk from my house to school together. I lived in a house close to the corner on a side street (called Hopkins) that intersected a main street of which the bus would go down. this main street (Called Detroit) runs all the way from one end of Lakewood to the other. So it was a direct bus route. The bus stop was right at the top of my street. Every morning I sat on my front porch while it was still dark out and wait to see him get off the bus to come walk down to my house. Well, one morning, I was waiting and saw walking down Detroit, a tall, not too skinny but still pretty skinny person, all in black from head to toe. Like it had a black ski mask on it's face but no holes. It was just walking, but walking weird, like dangling it's arms out dramatically back and forth with it's stride. Like humans do, but more gangly and awkward. It's hands were long and kind of pointed and all black. I saw it from the side, not walking towards me, just walking down the street. It didn't look my way it just walked briskly until it was out of sight from the building that was at the top of my street blocked my view. The street it walked down has a lot of street lights and it walked right under one, which was how I saw what it was so clearly. I'd say it was about 500 feet from where I was. Now, Lakewood was and is filled with weirdos, so I really had to just tell myself that it was one of the weirdos that liked to dress all in black and be weird and anti-social and walk around while it was dark out. Maybe that is what I saw, just a weirdo walking funny and hiding his or her face. I really couldn't tell what gender it was because it walked so funny and was just skinny, no hips or boobs, but taller than your average girl. So until I read someone else's description of black stick men, I always thought it was weird but never dwelled on it. So now I felt I had to share my story, and i believe that whatever those stick men are, if they are real, I actually saw one.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I was surprised that this thread resurfaced now of all times-this stickmen subject has been on my mind all week-i even asked an artist I know to help me create a picture of a dream I had-there was an "assembly line" of flat black one-dimensional stickmen-like beings.They had these flashing glittering eyes(reddish-pink).There was this machine I was being shown how to use on them-like a bio-mechanical being,like a squid almost-but if you plugged one of the bio-mechanical being's tentacles into one of the flat black stickfigure beings-it turned then to human,or at least human-looking.
Certainly not a dream I could ever forget,even if I tried:-)
Just mentioned it because the last few days the dream has been on my mind so often-and here is a thread that so much makes me think of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
With the stiffness of the walk, the legs not bending and bad quality of the video, this clearly shows people walking with stilts the have bed sheets hanging from them. Definitely a hoax.

Edit: After watching some of the videos, they are most definitely puppets suspended by thin wires. There are many people that are masters with moving puppets with strings attached. Would probably be very easy from them to fake something like this.

Also, small children can be trained to walk with stilts and I am sure some are very good at it.
edit on 13-6-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

I must admit people when I watched the videos my first impression was that there were people under bedsheets,particularly in the Mexican one where you see the two of them 'walking' at 2.17am.

Admittedly I'm watching it on a small screen but the furthest away one really does give the impression of a sheet moving but that could be the low resolution of the video.

All in all though it's a strange one,very bizarre !!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've encountered stick people in '___' trips (or more accurately, 50/50 10:1 B. caapi leaf/'___'-blend [Changa] trips,) and also dreams. As strange as it is to experience entering a space that made of incomprehensibly, profoundly, impossibly complex, complexity, it's almost even more strange to see something as simple as a typical, no-frills, stick-figure existing, indeed living, in that same place, amongst all the endless complexity where you expect everything to be impossibly self-replicating and fractalized and novel.
I saw them about half a year before I had ever heard of people seeing stick figures, and I was completely unaware of the concept, not including the ones in children's drawings, of course. As I floated through this earth-tone, fractalized 'rock cavern' of sorts, accompanied by a "guide" (who I didn't even realize wasn't myself until after I returned to my body,) I looked out in front of, and down below, the area where I was floating, and there were these two living, conscious stick figure beings, just standing on the bank of this sort of river that flowed through the earth-tone, fractal cavern. One of the stick people was red and the other was blue, and they seemed to be guarding a red and blue square about the size of half a typical soccer goal (if I had to guess,) that I just understood was some sort of a portal or gateway. The stick figures looked exactly like the ones you'd see a child draw, no distinct features, perfectly circular heads that are not filled in, with no hands or feet. All the lines they were made of were straight and not squiggly or messy at all, and they were all in proper proportion to that of a human.

After I returned and re-entered my body I kind of forgot about the experience with the stick figures until around six months later when I read ''___': The Spirit Molecule' and got to the part discribing the beings that people typically encounter: "spiders, mantises, reptiles, guides, helpers, beings, clowns, bees, cacti, stick figures" and at that moment it all came rushing back to me. I remembered seeing them and I remembered my reaction to seeing them, so unexpectedly, existing inside this place where such a seemingly simplistic archetype doesn't belong- a place of such extreme, infinite novelty and incomprehensible, truly impossible complexity. I can't stress exactly how 'out of place' they seemed, while also seeming to belong there as much as anything else (besides myself) did.

It's noteworthy that these were not "slenderman" type stick figures or anything of that sort. They did not have any sort of clothing on, and they were almost motionless aside from small movements like you'd see two people making when they have a conversation. They did not seem dangerous or malevolent at all, but they also didn't seem benevolent either. They just kind of "were." They were just there, and I had stumbled upon them, wholly inconsequentially, in the middle of their shift guarding this gateway. They didn't interact with me, and furthermore, they didn't even seem to know that my guide and I were floating through their apparent home or perhaps "place of work,"--for lack, and want, of a better phrase or analogy--this fractal, earth-tone cavern.

Ever since then I've been more interested in stick figures than any normal adult probably should be. What do they mean? Why stick figures? Clowns and insects and reptiles, sure, but stick figures? As the song says: "one of these things is not like the others." What are these stick figures? Why did I see them? Why do other people on '___' see them? Why do perfectly sane and sober people seem to be seeing them without ingesting powerful, mind-altering, exogenous chemicals? Is there something more to it? How could there not be?
Perhaps these questions will never be answered sufficiently, and I'd be okay with that, but I'm still very interested either way.
edit on 1 21 2017 by Guru222 because: I drew an ASCII stick figure that got messed up by line breaks and omitted characters.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here is a movie that I just watched which has a stick man / slender man feel to it.

I personally have never experienced the phenomenon but it is interesting to hear about here. So Thanks everyone for sharing their stories / encounters.

leolady
edit on 22-1-2017 by leolady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join