It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be a Part of the Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There have been many threads here where people are saying they don't know what to do with their lives, or that they want to save the world in some way. This is only my opinion, but hopefully it will help people understand that the direction they choose in life and how they can save the world must begin with this very basic concept; that being: Don't be a part of the problem.

Not being a part of the problem may sound simple, but think about all it entails:

1. Don't abuse your spouse.
2. Don't abuse your children (or any children).
3. Never raise your hand to anyone.
4. Don't drink to excess.
5. Don't do or sell drugs.
6. Don't drive recklessly.
7. There will always be people in your life that you just don't like. Understand that even they need to work to support themselves and their family. If you work in the same environment as them, don't make work so miserable for them in an attempt to force them out.
8. Don't abuse animals.
9. Don't pollute.
10. Don't give more of yourself than you can afford to give (either financially or emotionally). There will always be needy people, and they will take everything they can from you if you let them. Point being, you must be the most important person in your life.

Now, imagine what the world would be like if everyone followed these don'ts?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Totally agree.

Actually if people stopped selling drugs all at the same time, there would probably be a huge economic collapse.

Other than that, S&F ;-)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

All great but...

4. Don't drink to excess.

Sorry it is in my English veins, I do not get nasty or bad when I drink to excess I just get happy and loved up

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm stuck on points 4 and 5. Alcohol is a drug, care to revise the list?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
OR....

DO AS THOU WILT

Aha..Just kiddin

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Very basic and yet seemingly so difficult ...
Here's some more pearls of wisdom that I posted in the funny pics. thread.
Prolly fits better here though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
´´someones ready to accept the new world order´´ no smoking no excessive drinking best behaviour at all times mind you p´s and q´s and most of all complete faith in those with authority over you and even if you didnt you seem like a pussy anyway so no threat there,

you sir are probably going to survive the zionist holocaust

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

10. Don't give more of yourself than you can afford to give (either financially or emotionally). There will always be needy people, and they will take everything they can from you if you let them. Point being, you must be the most important person in your life.

This one is very hard for me to follow. I'm working on it. I find myself giving way more than I should sometimes, and I get burned for it. It is hard not to trust first until the trust is broken, if you know what I mean. I know a lot of people are just the opposite and don't trust at all, which isn't good either. Sometimes it is taken for weakness and abused by people who just want to get whatever they can out of life and others. I'm learning to be cautious with people and only offer what won't disrupt my own life. It is hard to do when you just want to help out sometimes.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Amendment recommendation.

The rules about drinking and using drugs...

Dont drink if you are a weak livered, pathetic excuse for an adult, who cannot drink a sissy little lager, or a bottle of vodka without getting angry, violent, and then puking in the street like a twit. If you have the remotest bit of strength of body however, and can drink without making it everyone elses problem, go ahead!

Do not use drugs, if you are also an anti-social, intellectually vacant, worthless piece of genetic refuse who would allow any form of withdrawal pain to cause you to stab a granny for her pension money. If however your will is stronger than your flesh, no matter how bad things ever get, or could get, then again, go ahead. Its your butt on the line with both of these, as long as you NEVER make it someone elses problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
Very basic and yet seemingly so difficult ...
Here's some more pearls of wisdom that I posted in the funny pics. thread.
Prolly fits better here though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's quite a list there. I like it!

As for basic yet difficult. I have read so many posts here about people that are super-hero-wanna-be's. They want to change the world, but sooner or later it becomes a big let down. For someone to actually make an impact upon the world they need lots of money, lots of smarts, and lots of powerful connections. Very people have this.

I want people to know that can be heroes just by living a decent life. By not becoming part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
´´someones ready to accept the new world order´´ no smoking no excessive drinking best behaviour at all times mind you p´s and q´s and most of all complete faith in those with authority over you and even if you didnt you seem like a pussy anyway so no threat there,

you sir are probably going to survive the zionist holocaust

At no time did I hint that people should be door mats. But, you did make me think of another one.

Don't stir up ...t just to stir up ...t.

new topics

top topics

join