It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father's Day On A Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

In the States, Father's Day is just around the corner. If you're broke like me, then you're probably scratching your head wondering what to get for that perfect husband/father. I thought we mint share some novel and inexpensive ideas to honor the men in our life.

1.) The Man Day. Give your hubby a gift certificate that allows him to invite his friends over for a rowdy night of poker, adult beverages, sports, or whatever while you take the children and visit a relative (chances are you don't want to witness the carnage anyway).

2.) Wives....we all know what our hubbies want. Just be a little...creative to get the juices flowing.

3.) Put together a photo album on DVD with your favorite family photos. Add your dad's favorite music and voila! A great gift he'll watch over and over again. This one can be a little time consuming, but it's worth it.

4.). For the movie fan, put together a basket with popcorn, soda, other snacks and a couple of DVDs or gift card to your nearest video store.

5.). Wash his car, inside and out, as a surprise.

Any other ideas, ATS?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Take him to see man of steel...better yet give him two tickets and he can take a friend...I like that take the kids out for the evening idea....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

rule # 332 never touch another mans vehicle

what happened to a good o'l dinner. Cooking his favorite meal

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Being as though this is ATS the zombie gnome

But Smylee great thread,

For me ? To hear

"Did I mention I love you ?"

I'll leave the rest up to your imagination, and that better be a good wax she's using

Cody

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's what I told my wife I want for Father's Day....

I don't want to have to go do ANYTHING, anywhere.

That's it. I don't want to have to go anywhere, I want to just stay home in comfortable clothes. I want to be able to sit down in a comfy chair, with a dog in my lap, in peace and quiet, and read a book if I want, play a video game if I want, take a nap if I want, etc.

Top it off with a nice home-cooked meal, and some fun you know where later....

That's it, and that would be just heaven.

edit on 12-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What no gnome

Cody

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Since the hubby is out of town for Father's Day I can focus all of my attention on my Dad. I will give him the gift that he appreciates more than any other- my time. I plan to go on an all day fishing trip with my Dad on his boat.....I'm bringing the bait and the beer!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Give him.....Health.

Make him an ATS member.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For me, it's a negative...

NO $%€^

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Tell Hubby and Dad you love them everyday, no matter what day it is and don't buy into that consumerist crap...
edit on 12-6-2013 by krazykanuk because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Maybe some station will have a Bond movie marathon on? Yeah...that'd be nice..

Here's your gnome...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk
Tell Hubby and Dad you love them everyday, no matter what day it is and don't buy into that consumerist crap...
edit on 12-6-2013 by krazykanuk because: typo

Agree. That's why my fam does these things on a strict budget. My son will make the cards and thenGrandmother is watching the son while I take hubby to the movie of his choice.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Since the hubby is out of town for Father's Day I can focus all of my attention on my Dad. I will give him the gift that he appreciates more than any other- my time. I plan to go on an all day fishing trip with my Dad on his boat.....I'm bringing the bait and the beer!

How wonderful for you both!

Dad used to take me fishing all the time, minus the beer of course. He lives far away now, but I'd love another afternoon on the lake.

I can even bait my own hooks now AND take the fish off the hook.....something I could never do as a squeamish kid. Dad would be proud.

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I hate people spending too much money on me, so i've told my kids to make me a card if they want, and if they can spare a couple of pound, i'll get a plant for my new patio. Or get me something from the pound shop.

Not really fussed, they always say thanks for the way i look after them anyway. Can't ask for more than that and i'm certainly not fussed about another commercial day.

CX.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
From the meat market: A package of jalapeno cheddar brats, 2 sticks of summer sausage, and a bottle of spicy bbq sauce all made up in a nice homemade gift basket.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What do you give your deadbeat dad so that he finally gets the message?

Been trying to figure that out for years!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Been trying to figure that out for years!

A coupon that has already expired.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
A coupon that has already expired.

What, for like 1 free hug or something?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

A court order?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right back at you

Cody

top topics

join