It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messaging For Extraterestrial Intelligence (METI)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Namaste...Hindu greeting isn't it?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd love to send a message, but I wouldn't know what to say...

Oh, of course:

"Greetings Space Dwellers, may I interest you in some Spumco brand Powdered Toast made with 100% natural whole non-GMO wheat toast?"
edit on 12-6-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: stuff

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

In my opinion these creatures are masters of deceiving. King Solomon, the wisest man to have walked earth was fooled by one, Asmodeus. Guessing that is the ring you mentioned, Solomon's own ring in which he was deceived out of, by a demon.

Some beings are mighty and others, well, puny. But, all of us have finite understanding, some more limited than others. We should start getting our brains revved up
Lukily there is only One infinite mind and One Almighty. That is my belief, which is based on a spiritual side.

And i agree with you that we shouldn't lay out a welcoming mat.

I live in Johannesburg. So, if they come my way they should know it would be like District 9 for them. Safer for them to stay clear from South Africa.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pretty neat idea. But...

Thousands of thoughtful messages might eventually hit another world, perhaps, but then again, on their end, wouldn't it all be gibberish?

If we started receiving thousands of messages in "Alien talk"...what would we make of it??

"Mr. President, some alien race is sending us messages !!"

"Oh, what are they saying?"

*click

Fun idea though !!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
actually ive changed my mind. I want to send.....

"All your base are belong to us"

edit on 12-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Namaste...Hindu greeting isn't it?

Yes... greeting, salutation, more of a sign of mutual respect like a handshake or a fist bump.

....and an awesome Beastie Boys song.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OH YEAH! this my message yo:
Come at me demons! I'm gonna go on a demon head cutting spree! Go to hell all of you and tell your leader molech to piss off!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
BAD IDEA BAD IDEA!

What if an Internet troll send a message and it just so happens to be that other life recieves it and manages to decode it?

this can be both good and very bad...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
Greetings,

People that believe we are inviting an invasion need to realise that we are already being invaded by our very own governments. It couldn't get any worse

Though, this is great and I cant wait to use it. Hope I get a reply

Be safe be well and thanks for sharing.

Spiro

ETA: I sent a message that read : Greetings, I am a prisoner on my planet called Earth. Our Mother Earth is in great danger. Please listen to other messages that say the same thing. We need your assistants to defeat our so called rulers so that we can not only restore our Great Mother Earth but also get our lives back. Yours loving, Me!!!
edit on 12-6-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

This is saying it better than I could.

Would like to add, this website that tries for contact, aint got nothing on a good heart and soul just pouring out concern for the planet, and even being abit upset, if you're aware, you will up your chances of contact.

There is no special way to send a message.

Our thoughts are all recorded.

And by "good" I mean so so, really, for who is really good here, we've all got training wheels on, but some people really take world issues to the night skies.

edit to add: Caution though, there is a thing about permissions and not giving them out to empty promises. We have to put on the armour of unconditional love and not fall for "can we come in" stuff. The Good does come in the more we do good and try assist, for it, meditate, help. The more we grow up. Good doesnt really need permissions that way. Negative does!
edit on 12-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is cool to be sure, but I have not looked into the project. I think something like this may prove a failure though, even if there are intelligent species out there who can detect incoming signals that happen to reach them. The problem is that all electromagnetic radiation obeys the inverse square law. So depending on the intensity of the broadcast signal, waves of this nature will scatter into nothing but noise over time. For instance, many of the signals that we began sending back in the 1930's have already degraded to the point of being undetectable and/or indecipherable. This is the drawback to any project like this. And the other side of the coin has the same issue as well...We may or may not pick up an alien broadcast. It will depend on how far away they are, as well as the strength of their signal. For all we know, there could potentially be millions of species out there who have advanced beyond the point of using these types of waves for anything.

It seems almost impossible that this would be the case, no matter how advanced a civilization is, but since we would not be as advanced as them, it is hard to say whether they would have discovered some technologies that make such communication methods obsolete.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My message is going to be :

"I welcome our Alien Overlords with open Arms, Our Politicians are tasty, try them with A-1 sauce!"

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
really dont believe in aliens starting a invaison, due to why now? why not when we are at our weakest? but this may actually be good, maybe someone will say the right thing and they will finally come.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Interesting, and thought provoking activity ... but?

Assuming as much - 1.That all of the people whom send written messages are from this planet. The language difference is quite large here on earth, so would the said communications be transcribed and sent as some sort of "universal language" as a whole, or just left up to the texts and dialects relying upon the reader for interpretation?

Sending photos?
One word - Steganography.

And sorry if I didn't read enough, or might have missed:
Does this facility only TX, or can it also RX?
(TX=Transmit and RX= Receive)

Along those lines, I think it's a good idea if utilized properly.
could this be a new game in the works?
or is it not?

If this is real, well... I really don't know what to say.
With one free message, and the rest costing .99 cents... you'd better make it important methinks/
Is there any way to follow the money?

edit on 13/6/12 by telemetry because: format

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

"We don't know what the consequences of contact might be, and human history is not reassuring."

I am amongst those who would NOT recommend initiating contact, as some scientists also tend to lean towards to.

There are many reasons for that.

First, as a race, we're incredibly primitive and likely seen as dangerous for any advanced civilization. If there is any doubt about it, spend 30mins or so reading the news. We are a long way from even sorting out differences on this planet, we're a race where everything "foreign/alien" is automatically seen as a threat, the main reason we have wars and violence in the first place.

Secondly, if we look at nature right here on our own planet, everything foreign, any other species etc. at first is also a threat to us. For that reason, you don't go into a jungle where you know there are predatory animals and make your location known etc.

What can be more alien/foreign than a hypothetical other race from other planets?

People watch Star Trek or other science fiction where quite often aliens are portrayed as friendly, some people even think that aliens have a reason to "help" us here on the planet which is entire naive thinking and there is not one single reason to assume this is the case.

The idea that we, AT THIS POINT, could contact other advanced beings and something positive arises from that is simply absurd, logic/common sense and then our own history would first let me believe that this could be a very dangerous thing to do.

If we assume that many civilizations are indeed "out there", which I strongly believe, I am afraid it's not like a hippie convention where everyone comes together in peace with all differences brushed aside - more likely for me is that the discovery of new races and civilizations will actually lead to an entire new dimension of wars where at some point those new, hypothetical beings will be our worst enemies. For me this is just much more likely than some peace/happiness scenario.
edit on 12-6-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I would tell aliens I give earth a "GV" rating...gratuitous violence, contact at your own risk if you are a trained professional only, do not try at home

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would tell them the planet is free for the taking. there is only a very small select group of people that they need to control to control the entire planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Not a bad idea; who knows what we might find; Dangerous? Life is dangerous; when we begin to fear the unknown we begin to die as a species. Man's evolution requires a willingness to take risks - to gamble on the future.

In the meantime there is a rich mythology of sending and receiving messages, not from outer-space, but from inner-space. There may be more extraterrestrial intelligence inside "the mind' then will ever be found out in space. I still agree that the outer and inner dimensions should be searched - one day we may even find that mythical hypothesis
called 'human intelligence'!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think contact has already been made ...

Which leads me to wonder ... what is this venture all about? Really?

I think if they have to come down here - we're in deep doo-doo. They only started showing up in mass again when we started building big toys that go boom. That is a pretty clear message. So when we reached that level of technology - we obviously became a concern. .

As to sending a message, I already meditate with the universe. I'm good with that.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My message would be as follows

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Humanity has a long way to go before becoming a accepted race in the galactic community.. Just reading some of the dumb down posts shows this.

@ Spiro - You message was the only enlightening one, from the heart brother

Now; Humanity is ALWAYS broadcasting signals. 24/7, every second of every minute of every hour.

Radio signals can be picked up by these beings, satellite signals, television broadcast.. And currently people reading this will not understand, but I assure you, you will - THOUGHTS ARE BEING BROADCASTED ALL THE TIME.

Your brain is a universal broadcasting transmitter. You think your thoughts dont come and go from 'somewhere'? This is why I say humanity has a long way to go.. They dont even understand the power and nature of THOUGHT! Something extraterrestrial/interdimensional beings master. Your brain is always sending signals, and every time you think a thought, it is being broadcasted to anything that is willing to listen.

Usually, the majority of human thoughts, are useless, dumb-down thoughts that mean nothing. Therefore those billions of people are of no worth to a higher intelligence. Other humans who understand what I'm saying and actually USE their brains, are the ones in contact or being "abducted" (a word to label something that we have no understanding of - giving it fear base).

This is not hanky-poo talk. This is the reality of inhabiting a human body within this cosmos and univesal creation. Until humanity reaches that certain level (as a COLLECTIVE) of intelligence and harmony with one-another and the planet itself - they will not be getting contact on a mass scale any time soon.

Doesnt matter if you dont beleive me or care what Im saying here - that is why this race is governed-mentally (GOVERN-MENT = Govern the mind) by a small group of people. They are not worthy enough to enter the galactic community with such ignorance, arrogance and small understanding of not only the universe but WHAT they are as beings of this cosmos!

So knock me off and play your fantasy card - I have had my contact, commnuication via telepathy, countless starship sights. This is why I know all this. I choose not to be ignorant and arrogant about everything. I understand that the system we live in today - is a system to keep those inside it - shut down spiritually, mentally and even physically (GMO, sugar, salt, meat).

But good luck with your broadcasting website

edit on 13-6-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join