It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian AF breaks USAF record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004
What a whole lot of you fail to grasp is that these exercises are mutual exercises done by friends, not hostile engagements for internet message board trolls to stew and flame over, manufacturing hostility and conflict when there is patently none!

Well said, Raj. The overlying impression I get from the comments I read here wrt Cope India is that the majority of people seem to have absolutely no concept of DACT and why it is done. It's for this reason that I have reconsidered posting any results of Cope Thunder (which I had planned to do, but will now wait).

As you said, these were cooperative excersizes among friends. Both countries benefited, and hopefully the Cope India and Cope Thunder excersizes will go on for many years to come.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Awww c'mon post about Cope Thunder please...!!Not all members are dunderheads here!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I love how some westerners, particularly americans react to when developing nations like china and india make strides in fields as such as this

"how about feeding your people first before attempting records" or "we're still better"

I find it quite childish that people just can't just congratulate these guys for a job well done or breaking a new record and leave it at that.

thanks,

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, back from Destin Florida. Great vacation. Even saw an F-22 take off from Eglin A.F.B. with three F-15's in the four ship. Cool looking plane.

Anyway. This thread appears to have strayed from the navigational beacons.

Congratulations India. Fine job on landing a helo on such a high slope.

Now, to think that India and/or China could take on the U.S. and win is just plain absurd. 10,000,000,000 Indians and Chinamen can't be wrong can they? YES they can. The size of that army would ONLY matter if it were on U.S. borders. Since that won't happen we don't need to debate it.

As for India catching up to the U.S. in tech...... mmmmm kinda sorta. Infrastructure? Not in my lifetime. Inovation? You bet they can. Smarts, knowledge and know how? Ohhhh yep. You can thank the U.S. for that. We hire them after all. H1b visa anyone? Have a BUNCH of Indian nationals working for me. Some of the best and brightest programmers I know. Plus they are NOT lazy. No 9 to 5 for them. They work their A**** off.

Putting a man on the moon? Yes India or China could. But why? What is to gain? NOTHING. With today's personal computers you could do it. It is just math and geometry. Hell, Apollo astronauts figured out how to dock and escape orbit in Willeys Jeeps. They don't just aim for the moon and go. Shoot something straight up 400 miles and it will come straight back down. Orbit, orbit, orbit. Earth and the moon are used as big slingshots.

Again Congrats India. Job well done.

Yeah, we could break it if it meant the Collier Trophy.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I agree Pilot, kudos to India. They probably have more high altitude helo experience than anyone, considering the Siachen business. Nasty place.

But if I was going to pick anyone to rescue me from a mountaintop, it would be India...

[edit on 28-11-2004 by engineer]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Oh, no doubt about their high altitude rescue ability. Heck, an AFR Pavehawk crashed trying to rescue climbers here in the U.S. Accidents happen. But when you live amongst the highest most sought after climbing mountains in the world you are bound to become proficiant at mountain rescues. They are good. The best fighter pilots? No. Nooo wayyyyy. The IAF will hold that distinction until Israel and the Arabs stop fighting. The USAF is close. The US Navy right behind. *Navy/Marine troops do not get as much flight time in to train*.

Every Air Force can point out its hero pilots. The best of the best. The Sierra Hotel jock of the day. I do believe that the era of the close dog fight has come close to an end. BVR. Shoot first ask later. Shoot em before they even know you are there. BUT, Fighter Pilots to this day INSIST on a gun. Missile or no missile. Its the mentality it takes to do that job. I have a lot of dead friends, especially from the early F-16. Call it the Great Santini syndrom. Who's the best pilot ya ever saw??? Yer lookin at him.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You make seem that you're associated with lots of USAF fighter pilots..Are you?And good posts too..I agree with every aspect of what you said..

And btw Who's got the best fighter pilots.. Israelis,indians, americans or arabs??I didn't quite get you there....definitely not the Arabs!!

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Let the stinkin' Indians have this one. We can spy on them from 80,000 feet in the air with stealth aircraft equiped with several nuclear warheads. Ahh, it feels good to be in the good ole USofA.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
You make seem that you're associated with lots of USAF fighter pilots..Are you?And good posts too..I agree with every aspect of what you said..

And btw Who's got the best fighter pilots.. Israelis,indians, americans or arabs??I didn't quite get you there....definitely not the Arabs!!

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

I grew up around pilots, aircraft and the Air Force. I went from collage right to the Air Force. People like Bill Anders, Crossfield etc are just like family. I grew up with their kids and always crossed paths with them while on Active Duty. I have been around the Air Force all of my life. Flying is my love and I am very passionate about it..

Anyhow. Most military pilots will say the IAF is the best. I did not mean Arab pilots. I mearly meant to say that Israel is always fighting someone.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

engineer:But if I was going to pick anyone to rescue me from a mountaintop, it would be India...

Well now will be a good time to explain the IAF's mountain rescue capabilities...

In 1993, a case came to light where an article in a French and British mountaineering magazine lauded the heroic rescue of the author, a mountaineer and his friend, who had broken his spine during a fall while mountaineering in India. They were marooned on a narrow ledge but managed to get an SOS out on their HF radio set. An IAF Cheetah helicopter from AF station Bareilly responded, when the weather was really bad. There was just enough place to hover with one ski on the ledge (and the other still in air), in gusty and white-out conditions - but they got the casualties on board and got them to Bareilly. On being summoned by the Chief of Air Staff and asked why they had not reported such a feat (after the IAF Air-Attache in France reported the article, more than a year later) the captain pilot confessed that as they were operating well below minima, they didn�t want to be rapped on the knuckles for it and so wisely kept their mouths shut! However, the grateful mountaineer subsequently recounted the entire incident in a French magazine, and said QUOTE �I could not believe my eyes to see a helicopter come to our rescue in such impossible conditions. No other air force in the world could be expected to perform such difficult mission� UnQUOTE. The IAF later awarded a Vayu Sena Medal to the pilots. I saw the pictures taken by the mountaineers during rescue and they are hair rising to say the least; One Cheetah ski on the ledge and other in the air, the whirling rotor just a foot away from the solid mountain cliff.

This is not an isolated case, but IAF and its men do go above and beyond the call of duty and the realm of possibility with guts and glory.

One must realize that India is a country of limited means and so are its Defense forces but they do a magnificent job with what they have.Yet we understand that IAF is not a district "fire department service" whose mandate is to respond to every incidence of civilan accident (however unfortunate it may be).

Comparing �The quick and generous response of the British and French authorities� which BTW is mandated role of coastguard to IAF�s responding to civilian authorities call for help in a far more dangerous and in a non-mandatory organizational responsibility is totally uncalled for , unjustified and irrational.

And here's another rescue from the IAF.

Saviour Cheetah clocks new record

Oh, i guess we should go back to 'feeding' ourselves than saving lives.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by aryaputhra]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Let the stinkin' Indians have this one. We can spy on them from 80,000 feet in the air with stealth aircraft equiped with several nuclear warheads. Ahh, it feels good to be in the good ole USofA.

btw the nuclear tests we carried out in 1998 were right under those satellites' noses, just duped em' straight!!
Just a fact I thought I'd point out...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by Frosty

btw the nuclear tests we carried out in 1998 were right under those satellites' noses, just duped em' straight!!
Just a fact I thought I'd point out...

Satelites....................... hm mmmmm hmmmm think lower and see how duped.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And the fact that the Indian government was testing nukes underground to try and hide the fact still did not dupe anyone. How do you think we found out? Intillegence gathering.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Indian's tested nukes underground to 'hide' the fact they were testing??

LMAO

Sorry guv, but underground nuclear tests are easily detected by a number of methods, foremost among them seismic monitoring stations. Nuclear weapons are tested underground to contain radiation and for monitoring purposes.

And yes, America was taken aback by the Pokhran range testing. It was one of the largest scandals in the American intelligence community in the 90s. Read this for more information

Your posts in this thread are like a three year old stamping his feet. Really, are you always so petty?

-Raj

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
oye..I think everyone misunderstood what I had to say!!

..the Indians were ready to test nukes in 95 bu the US found out via intelligence gathering etc..And they pressurised the then Indian govt to back out...
So in 98 the nuke test PREPARATIONS were carried out in such a way that they would seem to look like something else from satellite snaps, a routine military exercise maybe..Indians got satellites up ther too you know...Hence the CIA had no idea that the Indians were going ahead with the tests until they actually happened!!

In fact it is rumored that the American establishment came to know via nes networks and seismic stations....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join