It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Alarmed by U.S. Surveillance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
It may just be a good time to posture
( it can't do any harm )

I wonder...
Its the end of his ( obama's ) second term
he has advanced the agenda as far or farther then he was expected to do
so, scandalize scandalize scandalize

then...expect a republican majority....

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Yeah... that would be the boring outcome. If nothing else happens, it is pretty obvious this will! Then they will go ahead and either abuse the executive powers Obama set up or add to them.

Bipartisan politics are being used to keep people from realizing the whole picture because they don't think, they follow party lines.

Here, try this: Think about something and come up with your own opinion. If it is hard, then you've been brainwashed

edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Speculation

Anyway, if everyone is being played, then the whole thing was a setup.

The leak was probably planned to set things in motion.

Obama probably thought he was going to get super awesome dictatorship powers.

The N.S.A. probably thought they were doing surveillance on people and the government and politicians because someone would deal with the corruption, not because it would be leaked, they would be back-stabbed and it would be used to start all-out World War.

Or it could be a setup in order to put the surveillance state into place and get rid of Obama who was trying to stop it? I dunno.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Look at this. Someone claiming to be The Antichrist posted on my thread about the Antichrist.

Smyleegrl:

darkbake, I think we need a little clarity here (or I need it). Lets see if we can organize your thinking.

1.). Is this "anti-human" person an individual or group?
2.). What do you believe is this ""anti-dude's" ultimate agenda? Long term goal?
3.). How does the "anti-dude" accomplish this ultimate goal?
4.). How does the ego come into play here?

Spawn2001 (7-6-2013, 5:30 P.M.)

1. I am an individual
2. to expose everyone
3. Telling people.
4 . Read signature
Sorry I thought I would help out, I am trying to " wake everyone up"

Spawn2001

I was reading on this site found Eminems Relapse album and listened to that. Then I listened to Imagine Dragons Radioactive. Had a line " this is the apocalypse " . Or something. Tomorrow I am going to smoke and sorry if I bothered the nerds on this site, or old timers.

He also mentioned working with the NWO and The Illuminati, and how the CIA was okay with a major subliminal messaging program used through media from 1994-2012. Therefore, whatever he says above are probably clues.

In addition, he mentioned a specific organization that had the job of infiltrating both sides of politics or conflicts in order to bring forth the intended results. He edited his posts before I could grab a lot of the specifics.

My guess is, due to the timing on this, he might actually have been Edward Snowden. But whoever it was knew accurate information and then tried to delete it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

He's a setup..
PRISM was publicly available BEFORE his apparent leak.
He's nothing like Assange or Manning.
He's being used to make you think real whistle blowers and criminals.

This is a red herring.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Whistle blowers are not criminals. He might have leaked a lot more than has been released so far, at least that is what the B.B.C. interview of him showed.

If a politician does something to harm the people he represents, that is on him.
If a corporation does something to harm its consumers, that is on them.
edit on 12-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well, its all apart of the play... actors on a stage.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Spawn2001 also posted here in this thread

Illuminati's Next Move

Breadcrumbs... Leaving breadcrumbs for anyone who finds my profile and denies I am famous. I didn't know if I was on radar locally.

This was also on June 6th. But I don't know what's going on here. All I know is there is a lot of corruption... and trying to cover it up is only going to delay the reaction to it.

Uh... Spawn2001 feel free to join the discussion here?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Events have been set in motion.

What do you think will happen?

No idea. Either something big now, or something big down the road.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Well, its all apart of the play... actors on a stage.

Apparently. Most people do exactly what they are programmed to do and aren't even affected when they are exposed to evidence that goes against what they think. Perfect puppets. And predictable.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
then...expect a republican majority....

edit on 11-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Ya know, the thought of Obama being reelected was the 2nd most terrifying thing I could think of. Mitt Romney being elected was actually the 1st. No lie.

Edit - Sorry OP, that was off topic. Europe hopefully will kick BHOs a$$ over this.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Bassago because: get on topic

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Kick BHO's ass? You're all aware this program was created during the Bush years and implemented in secret under the republicans, yes?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Kick BHO's ass? You're all aware this program was created during the Bush years and implemented in secret under the republicans, yes?

Like it really makes a difference what party it was created under? The government is corrupt and the two-party system means very little these days.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
As Agit8dChop has pointed out, everybody is doing this stuff anyway. The key point is can data gathered by whatever means be taken to court.

I have no doubt I am being spied upon by the police forces in this country. It's a people thing. People always break the rules and the worst rule breakers that I know about are the children of the rich and cops.

The key point in any legislation of this kind is not that it allows spying. They are going to do that no matter what the law is. But, can they take the info gathered to court?

I think that is the best way to attack eavesdropping legislation. Restrict the uses to which it can be put.

No prosecutions that are unrelated to "terrorism" can come from PRISM or ECHELON derived sources of information.

If you want to get someone on an ordinary sort of charge the data will have to be obtained in the normal way, through court issued warrants.

This mushrooming surveillance crap is like mushrooming CGI images in the movies. It's not being done or used because it is worthwhile or because it enhances life. It is being done because technology exists to do it and this technology has been sold to government and law enforcement for money.

It is all part of creeping fungal corporatism and has absolutely nothing to do with Hadji from the Sahel who can't stand America. Hadji is the gimmick. He's how you sell the junk to dopes.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thanks, you really brought some perspective to this issue. The question is how much more power is the government going to give the word "terrorist"

A reporter who happens to have an inside source about corrupt corporate or government doings?

A particular individual with a sharp intellect who points out things that need to be changed in Washington and gains a following?

Politicians, like senators or house members, who try to change the way things are going? Governors?

I agree, this should not affect the average criminal, but it could very well affect political freedoms and therefore, that effects quality of life for everyone here in the states, as well as people abroad, who are being spied on.

Also, is the government, or has it already, implemented a system that completely bypasses the justice system in order to apprehend these individuals?

All valid questions i.m.o.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

There is an element of "Catch 22" to this issue. In order to save us the surveillance infrastructure will have to gobble us up.

The government will attempt to broaden the definition of terrorism or will attempt to use anti-terrorist techniques in other branches of law enforcement like drug interdiction "in order to make the Owellian infrastructure more cost effective".

This kind of thing is going to happen. But the bottom line is this is corporatism. It is very hard to combat. The corporation is an animal that has evolved with one purpose in mind, growth.

It has to be prevented from taking everything over, like a weed in the garden or a pest in the house. Unlimited growth for one entity means death for other entities. That's the dynamic.

Just to clarify, I believe in capitalism, just not dumb stupid capitalism.
edit on 12-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When I was a kid, 8 or 9 years old, I had a friend whose father was a sergeant in the RCMP. He was from Saskatchewan and had been posted to foggy old Saint John, New Brunswick. He was a quiet guy with a quiet wife and two nice kids. I used to go over to my friend's house to "play". We played a lot when I was a kid.

My friend showed me his father's uniforms hanging in a closet one day and I remember marvelling at the red tunic with its badges and buttons and a pair of giant sized brown boots with laces on them. They looked very sturdy like their owner.

One day I called my friend on the telephone and his father answered the phone. I said, "Is this Sargeant X?"

A concerned voice on the other end of the line said, "Yes?"

I said, "Can I speak to, (Billy)?"

A low chuckle came through, followed by, "Hang on, I'll get him."

Later, Sargeant X had to fly down to Arizona to pick up some notorious felon who was later hanged. It was Clifford Edward Ayles

www.findagrave.com...

Ayles forced ambulance driver David Allison Graves to drive to an isolated road outside the city where he stabbed him to death. Ayles then took the Hospital payroll from the vehicle and fled the scene. Following an extensive manhunt, in December Ayles was arrested in Phoenix, Arizona from where he was extradited to Canada. At trial in Saint John, he was convicted of murder and executed there by hanging on November 6, 1956.

I don't know if he went alone or with another officer. Either way, I think Sargeant X could have handled it. He was an old school quiet cop.

I should add that when he went down to Arizona, the feeling in the neighborhood was that Sargeant X was our man. We were proud of him. We were with him in our thoughts. We had confidence in him. He was one of us.

Years later, at the end of the 1960s, during the heyday of drugs, sex, politics, and social turmoil, I was walking down the street in the provincial capital, Fredericton, where I was attending university, when I stopped at a street light. There was a man in a beige raincoat ahead of me. Not particularly tall but solid looking. He turned slightly, looking across the street and I was shocked to realize that it was an older, weathered and gaunt, but still trim, Sargeant X.

By that time, I had become what Norm MacDonald's mother would have referred to as "a damn dirty hippie". I turned my back to the Sargeant, hoping he hadn't recognized me, and waited for the light to change. It seemed to take a very long time. A long time to be so close to someone without some sort of mutual appraisal. The sort of time a seasoned police officer like Sargeant X, could not have failed to notice.

The light changed and we went on our separate ways.

That incident has stayed with me all my life. I couldn't face him. When you can't face someone there is something wrong. You are not living up to your expectations of yourself. You have become something you are not proud of, something you can't show to everybody.

It taught me something about me, my shame, my cowardice.

Nowadays, I can face just about anybody or anything honestly. I've paid a lot of dues. I'm not afraid of the RCMP or any police department. I'm not saying that I want trouble from them. I don't. That would be foolish and stupid. But I'm comfortable in my skin.

However, times have changed and changed and changed. Does today's RCMP face the public honestly? Does CSIS? Does the Metropolitan Toronto Police Department?

I wonder if today's RCMP would turn away from Sargeant X, like I did, almost 50 years ago, ashamed of itself.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Good, blowback is a good thing.

all i can say is...

edit on 11-6-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

I highly doubt this was Obama's doing. To be honest I do have some sympathy for the guy for one reason. I read some time ago, when he first came to office, he had a meeting with the CIA. he went in there with a smile, and came out as if he saw a ghost.

That said, Obama is now being used as a scapegoat by the powers that be.There is a chance obama meant to do good as president, but perhaps he is being threatened behind closed doors. "An offer you can't refuse" illuminati card comes to mind on what is happening behind closed doors.

remember what happened to the last president that stood up against the elites. JFK and his famous speech plus the silver certificate that would have taken away the federal reserves power.

And I am pretty sure Obama knows this and is avoiding JFK's fate.

But who knows, maybe he can sacrifice himself by telling the people the truth.
If I was him, it is exactly what I would do as president.

"Hey everyone, I am not the chain of command, I am being held captive in the white house and forced to do all these things, the ones that are doing all this are *hands out all the names of the elites* )

I would probably end up getting shot by doing that, but atleast I would ask the military to protect U.S civilians should anything happen to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

I hope they nail Obama to the wall for doing this.

You mean lynch him?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to say I agree with your thoughts on all of this--the guy never graduated high school, got a GED instead[General Education Certificate] then attended a junior college for a short time, then enlisted in the military, then left that--then, he went to work for government agencies[CIA,NSA] as a security guard is what I heard--then, out of nowhere, suddenly low and behold, somehow he managed to end up in a vaunted position in which classified info was readily available to him[!?!]--then, suddenly, he grabs some classifieds and runs off to Hong Kong where he begins using the Guardian newspaper to help him leak the illegally obtained info to the general public--so, how is this guy still breathing?!--because, if he was genuinely a renegade-style leaker he'd need to be in fear for his very life since he's exposing the world's most clandestine organizations and their nefarious deeds against not just Americans but the rest of the world!---nope--

--I honestly believe he was put up to this by the CIA/NSA themselves--who are themselves being run by those who live out of sight of us behind closed curtains[called by some the nwo/illuminati/etc.--who are being run themselves by those who some believe go by the ridiculous title of 'Cosmocrators'--in other words, those who are escapees from infamous Tartarus, which is supposed to be a rather nasty section of Hell itself]--

--anyway, a 'red herring' is a good way of putting this situation--there will be lots of noise, lots of thunder--but no actual rain--the public unfortunately will see all of that and believe their 'brave, good members of Congress' are rushing to save the Republic and our constitution against the encroaching tyranny, and go back to living their lives while thinking all is going to again be right with the world--I believe they couldn't be more wrong!

Evil doesn't merely slink away, never to try, try again to overcome the good in this world--history ought to tell us that, if nothing else--but what man has ever learned a good lesson from history?!--and, this particular version of evil is stronger, more pervasive and dastardly than usual--and, 'they' seem to be literally everywhere by this time and they use assassins like no evil ever has before this time--you don't even know who you can trust these days so many people have either joined them willingly or have been co-oped through blackmail, or threats to the safety of themselves, or their family and friends--it's like the cancer has finally metastasized to the point at which it's no longer able to be eradicated by normal means--it's not just the Body Politic that's fatally ill by this time, either--it's infected the general populace to such a degree that I believe only God, Himself, can help rid us of it's consequences to us all---

--that sounds too dramatic, I know--but, when I look at what's taking place I think no amount of intense emotion is too much any longer--people are being assassinated all over the place when they try to speak up against the crimes they see being committed right in front of us these days--brave guys like the late Pat Tilman, and the late Andrew Breitbart--so, the drama of it all seems to call for stronger pictures being painted when using language--

--sorry for being so long-winded but this topic has me very concerned--as I said, I do agree with your assessment of this situation involving our 'whistle blower' now hiding out who-knows-where--I'm sure even if we don't know where, the organizations he supposedly just 'sold down the river' know exactly where he's now residing--after all, according to the current info, they've got all of our 'numbers'--in spades.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

It has to be prevented from taking everything over, like a weed in the garden or a pest in the house. Unlimited growth for one entity means death for other entities. That's the dynamic.

Just to clarify, I believe in capitalism, just not dumb stupid capitalism.

I agree. And the best way to kill weeds is with round-up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join