It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadic waterspout rips through the South of France (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
RT News link

A natural phenomenon more common for America, a tornado, has hit the South of France shocking locals and holidaymakers on the Côte d'Azur, the Mediterranean coastline.

As thousands in Central Europe are struggling to cope with devastating floods which have already claimed the lives of at least 21 people, a tornado ripped through the French Riviera on Sunday morning.
A natural phenomenon more common for America, a tornado, has hit the South of France shocking locals and holidaymakers on the Côte d'Azur, the Mediterranean coastline.

As thousands in Central Europe are struggling to cope with devastating floods which have already claimed the lives of at least 21 people, a tornado ripped through the French Riviera on Sunday morning.

I remember the fIrst time i say a tornado in Oklahoma. I was scared s***less!!
To be living in an area where twisters are not prevalent and to see them coming to your city.....I can't imagine the thoughts going through one's mind, especially with dealing with the devastation brought on by these floods!!

edit on 11-6-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Thats so intense!! How rare is this? Whats up with the crazy weather all over the world?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentinoG
reply to post by occrest

Thats so intense!! How rare is this? Whats up with the crazy weather all over the world?

From the wiki link description, tornadoes in Europe are nowhere near as common as they are in the US, though the article does display an uptick of occurrences in the 21st century when compared to the 20th and earlier.

As far as the crazy weather is concerned? The forecast now is that "We will have some."

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Video No: 2!! GREAAATTTTT!! Wow! just wow!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Mostly waterspouts don't make land, all the pictures including the first, (which is unlike the rest on video) are given as over water and and the last two are not tornadic, and all the while waterspouts are not unknown in that area as well as elsewhere. It's the photograph, (first picture in the link) that needs to be assessed.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think saying that it tore through south france is way over the top, this most likely did no damage and isn't even that big. I almost laughed when I saw how weak it is. But..... pretty cool I suppose for that area, and 2nd vid, those frogs had a great view to film it from!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18
I think saying that it tore through south france is way over the top, this most likely did no damage and isn't even that big. I almost laughed when I saw how weak it is. But..... pretty cool I suppose for that area, and 2nd vid, those frogs had a great view to film it from!

That was RT's heading, that we are supposed to use in a link, as per ATS's guidelines. Someone else has remarked using a link heading is for breaking news only. I didn't find what I was looking for regards that, when trying to review it.

top topics

join