It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer: Illegal Immigration will be a thing of the past

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They break the law coming in illegally. To me that is bad. Also they are not in the "shadows," they're in the hospital emergency rooms, the welfare offices, the schools, the libraries, and everywhere else.

Have you ever had to be on welfare? Do you even know where your local "welfare" office is? Methinks you have been listening to right wing propaganda too much and have no idea what you are talking about.

To even get food stamps you have to show a valid government issued ID. Do illegals have government issued ID cards? No they don't, if they do, they aren't here illegally.

The schools? Really? You know if you are born here in the United States you are a citizen right?

And the libraries? Obviously you haven't been to your local library in a very long time, You are going to find more hobos than illegals at the library. Here's the reason, if you can't speak a language, chances are pretty good you can't read the language either.

Everywhere else? OMG! Really? Central America must be completely empty!

Methinks you are mistaking all Latinos for illegals. It's a common mistake, But hey, if you go to Maricopa County AZ they have a sheriff's job for you.

Now, you might be right as far as the emergency rooms. They are after all human, and humans do get sick. Sometimes they even get injured (usually by doing hazardous or horrible jobs that Americans refuse to do)

By the way, how cheap are those tomatoes? Like cheap vegetables? Cheap fruits and vegetables are nice aren't they? I wonder, if they forced companies that routinely employ illegals to pay those people at least minimum wage, how that would affect your grocery bill?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Bassago

They break the law coming in illegally. To me that is bad. Also they are not in the "shadows," they're in the hospital emergency rooms, the welfare offices, the schools, the libraries, and everywhere else.

Have you ever had to be on welfare? Do you even know where your local "welfare" office is? Methinks you have been listening to right wing propaganda too much and have no idea what you are talking about.

I have been homeless but never asked for a welfare check. Our welfare office is just up the road. It's parking lot is packed every day and I see who is going in and out.

The schools? Really? You know if you are born here in the United States you are a citizen right?

My daughter spent her entire high school in one place here. There were plenty of illegals. They openly admit it.

And the libraries? Obviously you haven't been to your local library in a very long time, You are going to find more hobos than illegals at the library. Here's the reason, if you can't speak a language, chances are pretty good you can't read the language either.

My daughter works in the public library here, go there all the time. While there are a few "hobo's" there are many, many more illegals. Many can't speak the language and they have a huge Spanish section so they don't have to.

Everywhere else? OMG! Really? Central America must be completely empty!

OK OK, maybe not EVERYwhere but we're a medium sized town with only a couple of big stores so the rest are all at Walmart.

Methinks you are mistaking all Latinos for illegals. It's a common mistake, But hey, if you go to Maricopa County AZ they have a sheriff's job for you.

No, I'm not mistaking Latinos for illegals and I really like AZ. Do you think I have a shot at the job?

Now, you might be right as far as the emergency rooms. They are after all human, and humans do get sick. Sometimes they even get injured (usually by doing hazardous or horrible jobs that Americans refuse to do)

The ER was just an observation not a judgement. Everyone deserves care if they are sick or injured, no matter where they are from.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I'm thinking your research on this subject is in need of some work. You seem mistaken on a couple points regarding Illegal immigrants and their access or ability to draw federal benefits.

As far back as 2006, in its Corruption Chronicles blog, Judicial Watch revealed that the USDA was spending taxpayer money to run Spanish-language television ads encouraging illegal immigrants to apply for government-financed food stamps. The Mexican Consul in Santa Ana, CA, at the time even starred in some of the U.S. Government-financed television commercials, which explained the program and provided a phone number to apply. In the widely viewed commercial the Consul assured that receiving food stamps “won’t affect your immigration status.”

In 2012, Judicial Watch reported that in a letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack, Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions questioned the Obama administration’s partnership with Mexican consulates to encourage foreign nationals, migrant workers and non-citizen immigrants to apply for food stamps and other USDA administered welfare benefits. Sessions wrote, “It defies rational thinking, for the United States – now dangerously $16 trillion in debt – to partner with foreign governments to help us place more foreign nationals on American welfare and it is contrary to good immigration policy in the United States.”
(Source: Judicial Watch)

This is one of those topics where being accurate is more important than being right, in my opinion. The site there links out to number of Federal documents being referenced in the story. Its...quite a read.

Watchdog Report: USDA Promoting Food Stamp Benefits To Illegal Immigrants

^^ That one is CBS News and dated April 26, 2013.

Case Worker: Illegal Aliens Got Food Stamps by the “Vanload”

It's always interesting to hear from people who work directly inside the systems we're talking about. I sincerely wish it were simply "right wing" nonsense when this nation is pushing a 17 trillion dollar debt level. What's the solution? Add even more people and invite whoever else would like to come on in, it seems. We're offering legal status as a free for all soon. I'm sure the message is being heard loud and clear across a number of nations around the world. (sigh)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit, you saved me from having to point that out. Many people don't seem to realize what's really going on and it is important to set the facts strait.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join