It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer: Illegal Immigration will be a thing of the past

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, here here and hallelujah!

I bet everyone thought we'd have illegal immigrants or something in our future. Well, Schumer is here with words of wisdom and great intelligence to impart of us all and help educate us on what we don't know.

As usual, his tone is appropriately condescending, as if addressing grade school children in a particularly slow class, but hey? He's a Senator and we are mere members of the public. Of course we need educated.

Lets begin learning, shall we?

Schumer complained in an impassioned and lengthy speech on the Senate floor that opponents saying the bill “does not have border security “is not fair.” Schumer said giving billions of dollars to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will lead to increased border security, even if illegal immigrants are given amnesty first. He promised that assurances of future border security measures would be followed through with.

I will at least say his honesty is refreshing. It isn't every day you are outright told the law doesn't matter and the solution to lawlessness is to simply make the illegal, legal!

Why, we could have a 0 murder rate too. Legalize killing!

Why have burglary? What a nasty crime. Legalize it!

Assault? Well, heck... Some people just need punched.

We can have a 0 crime rate across the board in no time, at this rate. :shk:

Schumer said the Gang of Eight would not compromise by conditioning the path to citizenship on “factors that may not ever happen” like border security. He complained that border security should not be used as a “bargaining chip.”

Yeah, lets not trouble ourselves with silly stuff like border security. That's just stupid. After all, they don't really MEAN what these signs say....

They're just kidding, I'm sure. Something for the tourists, right?

And while Schumer claims the bill fixes enforcement issues, he also dismissed border security as not a real pressing concern.

“We don't have a problem whereby these people [illegal immigrants] are besieging us with terrorist acts,” Schumer said.
Source

Now of course, I haven't heard any of them say what happens to those who *KEEP* crossing after this amnesty. Are they going to have a magic wand waved over them too? Make the illegal into legal?

Removing borders sounds all nice in a utopian world. In a world where ALL nations did it, at the same moment in time, and world wide? It might even be interesting to watch.

In a world where ONLY the United States is playing like borders don't exist and criminal aliens really didn't break multiple laws? Well, it's called being played for fools. We're being played like a grand piano.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Illegals are given amnesty which is nothing more than rewarding law breakers thousands will follow because they know they will never secure the border.

The entire immigration issue is infuriating ponder this Americans laws mean nothing to them so once here why do people expect them to follow any other laws.

That is about getting voters than anything else they don't give a rats behind about people only about their own political power.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They promised securing the borders during the last amnesty and what happened? We now have more illegals than we ever have. To reward these people is ignoring existing immigration laws.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
John Boehner seems to back it, and says he's confident they have a bill by the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

My greatest disappointment was seeing John Boehner reappointed as Speaker. The man is among the lifer politicians. He's been there long enough to have been a direct party to MAKING these problems in years long past. When times were good, he was with the worst of them, helping insure the good times couldn't last. Out of design, or ignorance? It doesn't matter. His judgement isn't worth a wooden nickle and neither is his opinion, IMHO.

We need people in there who weren't there all along to sign the bad bills or help write them in the first place. We need people in the leadership positions who didn't gleefully help drive this whole thing off the cliff. I don't even know if it matters at this point for the big picture. However, trusting these people is what I can say is the wrong idea, and that's on general principle before we face the illogical positions they're taking now.

Well... Logical to them. Mutually exclusive to national interests.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The biggest problem is voting them out. I've noticed that local, state, or federal no matter who I vote for I end up with two douche bags to choose from, both with the same agenda just different lies.

It amazes me every time,I see so much support for a candidate, and yet they claim he got almost no votes.

My strongest claim to this,I point to Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is amnesty just like universal background checks were taking away your guns, right?

Right.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Think they should give gun owners 'amnesty' after all they are legal, and they are voters when those people alienate us who are legal they have to seek other means to solidfy their political power.

And yes us pro gunners had noticed the background check garbage.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This whole thing is just a ruse to pad the democrat's votes. How many of these illegals -> "new citizens" do the republicans really think will ever vote for them?

I'm not for either party of this dog and pony show but it seems obvious to me that any republican who supports this bill is building their own political coffin. And the dems know it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A path to citizenship, or "amnesty" is just a way to get people who are already here have been living here contributing to the community a way to come out from the shadows (also with increased tax revenues)

It doesn't mean that if they are bad people or are in gangs or a part of drug cartels or human trafficking they won't be jailed or kicked out of the country permanently. It just gives people who are stuck an option to come out of the shadows.

Personally I think they need to stop deporting people back to their country of origin, instead, they should deport people to countries we don't like.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The more BS I hear coming out of washington the more I realize just how much we deserve th emess we are in. After all we keep voting the same fools in office. Both Dems and reps should be ran out of this country. It is time we get some new blood up there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
A path to citizenship, or "amnesty" is just a way to get people who are already here have been living here contributing to the community a way to come out from the shadows (also with increased tax revenues)

It doesn't mean that if they are bad people or are in gangs or a part of drug cartels or human trafficking they won't be jailed or kicked out of the country permanently. It just gives people who are stuck an option to come out of the shadows.

Personally I think they need to stop deporting people back to their country of origin, instead, they should deport people to countries we don't like.

Many of these illegals have had more than enough time to come out of the shadows and become legal over the years and chose not to.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Well, we agree about the tax part anyway.

It doesn't mean that if they are bad people... It just gives people who are stuck an option to come out of the shadows.

They break the law coming in illegally. To me that is bad. Also they are not in the "shadows," they're in the hospital emergency rooms, the welfare offices, the schools, the libraries, and everywhere else.

OK we can talk about this one. How about Afghanistan or Pakistan?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They keep saying that these people will have to get to the back of the line when in reality, they are allowed to stay here and keep their jobs. And here we have people who come through the proper channels and are still waiting to be allowed to come here. Nothing like a slap in the face to those who are trying to come here with great respect and follow our laws. Illegals should not be rewarded for breaking our laws. Who gets to pick and choose which laws we can follow?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

When we think of illegal immigrants - we automatically think mexicans. In reality, there's a LOT of eastern europeans (think russian mafia) and middle easterns going to college (muslims with money) that over-stayed VISA's and disappeared into our country.

There's a quote somewhere that obozo said america will be a muslim country by 2016 - along with his infamous quote of how "america isn't a christian country" during his first year in office.

I think we can safely say that they all are "undocumented democrats".

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

You're absolutely right and that point is one of the largest ones to get under my skin with this overall debate. It's what makes it the single surest sign this is political with indifference to the actual end result.

One of them broke into full Spanish on the floor of Congress to recite his lines for the members. English was entered for the official record. What pandering B.S..

Mexicans are but ONE side of this and probably the least troublesome to the extent trouble is a core of this. They broke laws to get here and they've broken laws to stay here but they are but one side.

Chinese....Africans from Somalia to Nigeria.... Russians... Eastern Europeans and those from Middle Eastern nations are also here in mass numbers with shaky status at best or outright illegal as a norm.

No talk is even given to that side and no distinction made between the Mexican crossing from a town on the border so he may send back some money from a U.S. job and improve his family to the Chinese or Russians or Irish for THAT matter, who are here for both good and malicious purposes alike.

This amnesty in a blind push, with NO CLUE who it's going to legalize or what those people are here for (criminal activity or positive intent alike) is absolute insanity. Just insane. The problem was much clearer in 1986 with the last disaster and that WAS a disaster, even then. Now? It's a catastrophe in the making.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I agreed with Arizona's immigration law. Shakedown the Mexican's standing in front of home depot for work.

No American ID? Not on record? INSTANTLY dropped off on other side of the border.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Illegals are given amnesty which is nothing more than rewarding law breakers thousands will follow because they know they will never secure the border.

I totally agree with you. Amnesty is a reward for being illegal. Nothing more.

Originally posted by Happy1
I think we can safely say that they all are "undocumented democrats".

Oh man .. that's excellent.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Happy1

You're absolutely right and that point is one of the largest ones to get under my skin with this overall debate. It's what makes it the single surest sign this is political with indifference to the actual end result.

One of them broke into full Spanish on the floor of Congress to recite his lines for the members. English was entered for the official record. What pandering B.S..

Mexicans are but ONE side of this and probably the least troublesome to the extent trouble is a core of this. They broke laws to get here and they've broken laws to stay here but they are but one side.

Chinese....Africans from Somalia to Nigeria.... Russians... Eastern Europeans and those from Middle Eastern nations are also here in mass numbers with shaky status at best or outright illegal as a norm.

No talk is even given to that side and no distinction made between the Mexican crossing from a town on the border so he may send back some money from a U.S. job and improve his family to the Chinese or Russians or Irish for THAT matter, who are here for both good and malicious purposes alike.

This amnesty in a blind push, with NO CLUE who it's going to legalize or what those people are here for (criminal activity or positive intent alike) is absolute insanity. Just insane. The problem was much clearer in 1986 with the last disaster and that WAS a disaster, even then. Now? It's a catastrophe in the making.

Interesting that you mention Somalis. Last night I was watching that show about Miami international and the biggest new drug they are seeing there is khat. They showed a HUGE amount of the stuff that they seized...we're talking pallets of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I agreed with Arizona's immigration law. Shakedown the Mexican's standing in front of home depot for work.

No American ID? Not on record? INSTANTLY dropped off on other side of the border.

Not sure I can go along with shaking down all Mexican's just on a look see. If they are stopped for a traffic issue or something OK.

Now up here in WA state I want to know what we're going to do about all those Canadians sneaking across the border. They're everywhere! Oh wait, they're trying to get back TO Canada. Which is kinda funny as I don't have an enhanced ID and my passport is long expired so I'm going to be sneaking into Canada next trip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join