It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff: 2/3 of America to Lose Everything Because of This Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Originally posted by edmc^2

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Awesome Wrabbit, that lightened my day. I like the idea of gathering skills and information. Your right, we gotta think outside the box here, but when the hammer is falling as fast as it is, its hard to notice anythinge else.

Thanks

Edit:
For me personaly the hammer is falling fast. That's where the frustration comes in.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

An old wise gentleman's words rings true nowadays or any day:

That is:

"Keep your life simple. Get rid of anything that has no real value to life."

Good stuff, thanks. I have really gotten a new perspective on this.

My New Perspective:
Some how technology has given the illusion of independents.
With technology we can do more by ourselves we feel empowered. But we are really only isolating ourselves from others, blocking out opportunities to learn from others, missing out on expanding our knowledge, skills.

Those who are mobile and un attached to their illusion of independents will make it.
Those who can perform meaningful skills and are able to help others will make a difference.
Those who do not have skills to share will have to surrender to those who do.

People will be forced to interact face to face, real social networking, with real people with real emotions, real body language and no smile face icons. I fear many of our younger generation will struggle in a real social environment.

It's time to set some new goals.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Observationalist because: Added quote

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by edmc^2

Good stuff, thanks. I have really gotten a new perspective on this.

My New Perspective:
Some how technology has given the illusion of independents.
With technology we can do more by ourselves we feel empowered. But we are really only isolating ourselves from others, blocking out opportunities to learn from others, missing out on expanding our knowledge, skills.

Those who are mobile and un attached to their illusion of independents will make it.
Those who can perform meaningful skills and are able to help others will make a difference.
Those who do not have skills to share will have to surrender to those who do.

People will be forced to interact face to face, real social networking, with real people with real emotions, real body language and no smile face icons. I fear many of our younger generation will struggle in a real social environment.

It's time to set some new goals.

'xactly, sadly we've been conditioned to depend on tech too much. Just imagine what would happen if this very internet goes down for a week or two - what do you think will happen?

Many will have withdrawals - both psychological and physical.

Same thing with those who depend too much on the $$ - they become useless. I still remember the "black Friday" a few years back when several people jump to their death because they thought they lost everything in the stock market. Same thing is happening today - but for the worst (if I may add).

So simplify - sell everything you don't need and pay off any thing you can because as they say when the shtf - $$ will have no value.

edit on 11-6-2013 by edmc^2 because: add

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Your message and choice of words brought my mind back to this with a sharp pull. It's been posted before. It's not worthy of another thread of it's very own. Still.... It's important, in my view, to keep the words fresh and the message clear in our minds.

This is the extended version. The original re-mix ends on a ....down note. This one ends with Hope. REAL hope...not 'Hopey Changey' type hope.

I also don't mind telling you, this always chokes me up just a little bit in a couple spots. I'll leave it to you to guess which. They are specific segments for that.

Keep in mind, he spoke these words in a movie released in October of 1940. For such a timely message, it's origin is amazing, isn't it?

Just remember....the world has been through this before. It survived. It will survive what comes now. It won't be easy and it won't be pretty but what comes after will be better. History tells us, it always is. We have to hang onto that, no matter what comes to pass in the dark times. It will eventually end, for a new start. It always has.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by EA006

Unless everything in the world is revalued to a totally new currency, it cannot work. I'm not even sure how it could with a gold base, on a new currency. There are only so many ounces, for example and just to slap an equivilant price of $0.50 on every consumer good on the planet currently in a store or warehouse (From rubber doggy doo in Hong Kong to the latest Mercedes Benz) I'm not entirely sure the existing gold stocks would be up to the math involved.

That will end up being the only solution. And yea, gold wont even begin to cover it. Heck they may even skip cash altogether and go microchip.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

This is the same Peter Schiff who predicted that the American economy—and the American dollar—would collapse by 2012, and that gold would hit $5,000 by 2013.

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That's a great video. Thanks for the info. The people whom I serve are mostly living off the government. I imagine this means if the government goes down my income stops too. Loss of home, loss of a way to feed my children. Truly terrifying. The government who has created this dependency may very well be the ones to a truly bring about a destitute state of being.

I'm older so know how to work. I'm not afraid to clean toilets if it comes down to it. Unfortunately a lot of people on the system have never lived in "true poverty" (work or starve). I see value in the fact that I have and therefore have a few skills. But in being older now I'm afraid of what this might look like as I believe it will happen.

Next time around different and more responsible people running the finances of this country would be in order (we all know they wont starve when this happens). In the meanwhile hope - that all will pull together, be kind, and get through it as a nation of the strong people we are.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

In reality the bankers are going to have to write a huge amount of country's debts off and rebalance the finances of the world. Our current financial systems are failing. They have allowed a situation with their practices and money printing that has simply gone beyond the point of possibly rebalancing the credit side of the sheets.

Oh, there going to rebalance, all right. There is hundreds of times more "debt" than all the gold ever mined AND all the GDP of the entire world for decades. The derivatives overhang alone is over 500 trillion.

After they take ownership of everything, everything you have ever made or earned, they will "write off" the rest in return for your and your progeny's indentured servitude.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
good post.
I wounder how long they have been printing monopoly money?
I wounder just how much fake money is out their?
I say more that 50% is monopoly money.
and ware did all the gold go?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
After they take ownership of everything, everything you have ever made or earned, they will "write off" the rest in return for your and your progeny's indentured servitude.

You have mist some posts.
they have done this Long ago.
we ARE slaves.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
The way I see it is this. Either there have been very, very clever people running the whole show, like a well orchestrated chess game, the so called Illuminati...Or...there have been incredibly inept, greedy, psychopaths running the show. At the moment I honestly cant tell if its A or B..

As far as I can see the world economy collapsed in 2007..since then it's been running on BS and vapors. TPTB have been kicking the can down the road with quantitative easing aka printing money from thin air.

NONE of this is happening by accident. There are greedy psychopaths running the show, but they are FAR from inept.

Everything is going according to plan. Unfortunately, YOU are not in on it.

They just have to do it slowly so the sheep don't catch on.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Yep - and it's called communism.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well fellows i had a small flash there......hear me out before stomping on me ok?
The Wrabbits mention of foriegn debts made me think theres some hope of evening some of the debt crisis through.......wait for it........
DEBT SWAPS....
Theres a LOT of debt everywhere....so...
Japan could write off somebodys debt to them, if they in turn write off equivaslent debt that a thrid party owes japan.....
AND SO ON....
Id bet a thrid of all international debt could be swapped that way...with each country writing off debts that get swapped for its own bad debts to another nation....so the cookie just slides around the table....
nobody pays hard cash fror some debt relief......
any takers?
Like a reverse sort of stock swap with national debts....
edit on 11-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I'm tired and going to bed.. I can't do numbers right now but maybe you have the energy. I found some resources for folks to look at and it's a sobering look.

One thing to keep in mind though? There is a problem. Public Debt and International Debt are radically different things. Public debt is what you and I would hold in retirement accounts like 401k's or IRA's which invest in bonds and the like. (pretty much all of them and by far too much). External debt is what you're talking about, which has plenty too. Now, before going to the MSM numbers to tinker with, here are the real numbers. The difference, and you'll see it's a big one, is why I spent all that time last year to make my budget thread. I got sick of 5 different sources having 5 totally different answers for what made a debt number. lol...

The bottom 2 rows are the most important. The top one is what other nations hold. The bottom one is what we, as the U.S. public hold. Nice eh? See the trending figures by expectations? That comes from the 2013 Office of Management and Budget (White House) Fiscal Year Budget Proposal.

Here is who we owe, starting with China

Wikipedia's idea of nation debt levels

CNBC's Debtor Nations (Top 20 or so)

A nice, colorful and interactive world Debt map

And finally...

The US National Debt Page w/ important headlines back to 1999

Last but never least.... A history of debt ceiling changes authorized by Congress and in what stages.

Sourcing on the last two is the CRS, as shown on the bottom. One also has Public/Private breakdown.

The First one on the list is the only one I take as 100% solid ..and it's not 100%. More like 98%. The media ones I put at 80-90% confidence and the last two, back above 90% but not to the same level as the first link. Thats based just on my own time and experience in these reports and numbers. Take it for what it's worth.

I like your idea though. For the debt it would apply to ..even if it's the smaller of the numbers for the major nations? It WOULD help the US, UK, Ireland, Japan and others. For the smaller nations? It would be like a second chance at life, I believe. A complete do-over to try and get things right, or screw them up without help from loan sharks, which is what this all amounts to for the little guys.

Nice idea!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Heres a little tip...
Spend less on weapons!
Your military budget is ridiculous!
One stealth bomber could feed the third world! I don't understand how you can't see how disgusting that is.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

It doesn't seem like technology can be the answer. We currently have the technology to feed, clothe, and shelter every person on the planet, there's just no money in it.

It's a crisis of ideas and... job creation?

Teh thing that pops out in my mind is our debt. It's large. How can we go on indefinitely with such a large debt. Something has to give. We can't create infinite money.

It looks like a bubble to me. We're sitting on fake money.

I think this is a lot of doom mongering, but the debt isn't doom mongering, it's real.
edit on 12-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by danneu89

It doesn't seem like technology can be the answer. We currently have the technology to feed, clothe, and shelter every person on the planet, there's just no money in it.

It's a crisis of ideas and... job creation?

Teh thing that pops out in my mind is our debt. It's large. How can we go on indefinitely with such a large debt. Something has to give. We can't create infinite money.

It looks like a bubble to me. We're sitting on fake money.

I think this is a lot of doom mongering, but the debt isn't doom mongering, it's real.
edit on 12-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

What really gets me is that these people are experts in these things and can see the effects of printing infinite money, but why do they keep doing it?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Definitely a sobering post.. thanks for the informative thread Wrabbit.

I know it's all speculation at this point but if you were to guess, when will this implosion most likely occur?

Some other threads talking about the Hindenburg Omen predicted late 2013, that's definitely not too much time to prepare.

All we have is some emergency supplies which probably won't last a few weeks..

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
Stock up on stuff? But then whatcha gonna do WHEN Uncle Sam came knocking at the door demanding to surrender your "stuff" - in the name of the security of the country?

Strap in kids, that's gonna be a bumpy ride in the circles I spend my time around. My God, my family, myself, and my state come before my country and that will only change when I'm dead.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
good post.
I wounder how long they have been printing monopoly money?
I wounder just how much fake money is out their?
I say more that 50% is monopoly money.
and ware did all the gold go?

Uhm, 50%? Try 100%. Since August 15, 1971 the US Dollar has been the equivalent of throwing down a bag of monopoly money in front of a hypnotist and telling him "Make everyone in this room believe this crap has value, please." The gold was long ago shipped to countries like France, China, and the Middle East to make payments on US debt established prior to 1971.

America is broke and broken.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

I suspect they simply keep printing money because eventually the situation will become so bad, the bankers will be able to phase out paper money and get the chip into the back of the hand etc and then - you have complete slavery.

Its all happened before when you read that tiny bit in Revelation that puts it so simply, you cannot buy or sell without the chip and there will be no 'money' just the chip, which experience from our plastic cards already warns, we can be off without any repercussions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join