It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Leaker is 'Traitor', says Boehner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Only an idiot stands toe to toe with a more powerful opponent.

David and Goliath comes to mind, so does a decade long war by a bunch of people 'living in caves'.

People give the US government too much credit, and they are also giving Snowden too much credit.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
David and Goliath comes to mind, so does a decade long war by a bunch of people 'living in caves'.

People give the US government too much credit, and they are also giving Snowden too much credit.

1. Goliath was the aggressor and, giant or not, it was still a man vs man "fair" fight. Both of those play a large factor and neither is applicable here, as the aggressor is Snowden by releasing this information we all have a right to hear.

2. The decade long war kinda falls into your idea of giving the US government too much credit. Also, I think you're making a mistake assuming that was a war we ever attempted to actually win. The goal was gridlock, not victory. Total victory could have been acheived in less than a week, but for some inexplicable reason the US never entered Afghanistan with that in mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

1. Goliath was the aggressor and, giant or not, it was still a man vs man "fair" fight. Both of those play a large factor and neither is applicable here, as the aggressor is Snowden by releasing this information we all have a right to hear.

Do we ?

Everyone started doing that this nation would fall apart over night 'dirty laundry' should be aired, but there are mechanisms in place for that.

Make no mistake I don't think too much of our government, but I also don't think too much of the Snowdens in this country.,

2. The decade long war kinda falls into your idea of giving the US government too much credit. Also, I think you're making a mistake assuming that was a war we ever attempted to actually win. The goal was gridlock, not victory. Total victory could have been acheived in less than a week, but for some inexplicable reason the US never entered Afghanistan with that in mind.

Nope Afghanistan wasn't even a real war and I also agree they had no intention of 'winning' as the full weight of this country was not put behind it not even 12 years later.

The last war where that happened was ww2.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Has anyone ever considered that maybe Snowden is another government boogie man, so TPTB can re-write more of the Constitution, and take away more freedoms? Boehner sure was quick to call this guy a traitor. How come none of these politicians were screaming those words, when Bush, Jr. was in office?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

A recent polls(not that I see those as trustworthy says 56 percent of American's support Prism: Majority of Americans Support NSA Programs
I posted: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question is worded for spin purposes...

For effs sake I support "PRISM" in concept...so does Edward Snowden...what I, he and anyone that has read the constitution, does not support is the unconstitutional, warrantless, near 360 degree, deep dive intrusion into Americans privacy that apparently is not only permitted, but encouraged throughout the NSA culture....and a cancer of illegal, unconstitutional searches that is growing exponentially along with technology.

Snowden doesn't want "PRISM" dismantled, he wants constitutional safeguards that do not exist.

"Any analyst at any time can target anyone, any selector, anywhere. Where those communications will be picked up depends on the range of the sensor networks and the authorities that analyst is empowered with. Not all analysts have the ability to target everything. But I sitting at my desk certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone from you or your accountant to a Federal judge to even the President if I had a personal e-mail."

"over time that awareness of wrongdoing sort of builds up and you feel compelled to talk about. And the more you talk about the more you're ignored. The more you're told its not a problem until eventually you realize that these things need to be determined by the public and not by somebody who was simply hired by the government."

LINK

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
FYI...Pardon Edward Snowden Petition..

[Removed Link To Petition]

-Mod Edit-_ATS does not allow activism.

edit on 6/11/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Mr. Snowden is a clever gambler.

And then some..Hong Kong was a great choice IMO...close enough to China to offer shelter, but not China mainland where they could nab him and squeeze everything they want out of him.

He is also carrying a headful of seriously damaging information. Sharp guy, and his role as a Lead Systems Analyst meant he had a high altitude view...the location of every CIA "station" in the world and an understanding of what countries were in the CIA's pocket and which weren't.

He might be the "David" in the "David and Goliath" scenario, but his first strike was to the nuts of the NSA, which makes it a lot harder for them to "dissappear" him....and they are going to have to defend themselves for a while.

Next stop Iceland.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
NSA leaker is a traitor or a patriot carring about the illegal things that washington does behind our backs all the time....I think John Boehner is a traitor because of all he BS he pulls in washington, he is not for the people but for himself.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Snowden is a traitor in the same sense that the founding fathers were traitors to the Crown. I for one am glad to know that my fears and mistrust of the current administration were well founded.
edit on 6/11/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This just shows me who's side he's on and it's not ours. These people have to go!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Boehner needs to shut the #### up! He's just as guilty as Obama is.

And to think! I once defended the guy!

(shakes an angry fist at Boehner)
edit on 11-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah, well, Boehner should know....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Treason isn't some vague notion. It's not what we say it is or what we'd like it to be. Treason is defined, like no other crime in the United States, right in the US Constitution itself......and Boehner is a blithering idiot who also needs shown the door in the next election he's up in. Republican or not. He's a fool with ignorant statements like that, as if he knew what he was talking about.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He's not the only blithering idiot of the bunch. There's a lot more like him walking the halls of congress.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So the deal is the NSA can know everything about us, our emails and phone conversations, and we the people are permitted to know nothing?

If you find something out about the workings of the US govt, and tell someone you are a traitor?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Because a country spying on its own citizens through a secretive program (those very same people payed for) isn't traitorous to the people who voted these guys to their positions?

Spin it all you want.

A traitor to the status quo. Not a traitor to the American people.
edit on 11-6-2013 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My Yahoo news feed raises the question, 'Edward Snowden: Hero or Traitor?".

But not everyone thinks Snowden was so heroic.

This sentence is real thesis of the article. While initially posing what seems to be an honest inquiry, the article mainly cites and quotes opinions painting Snowden as treacherous...

news.yahoo.com...

Yahoo. Where have I seen that name lately?

edit on 11-6-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Try saying that back in 1776 and see what happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuckooold
So the deal is the NSA can know everything about us, our emails and phone conversations, and we the people are permitted to know nothing?

If you find something out about the workings of the US govt, and tell someone you are a traitor?

Exactly, turnabout is fair play. If the government is allowed to know everything about us, we have a universal right to know everything about them and corporate powers.

Turn the NSA's all seeing eye on them. It's a neutral organization, it gathers information. Trust me, I doubt any other country in the world would find that to be unethical.
edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Everyone could be being played, even Obama. So Obama thinks he is going to get away with being Emperor. Snowden flees with NSA documents to Russia. Russia and the U.S. go to war.

Apparently, manipulating world politics is way too easy.

Also, Snowden probably has access to much more documents than those detailing surveillance programs. The NSA collected data on the Executive Branch (they were not fans of Obama) and probably on corporate and congressional corruption, as well.
edit on 11-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join