It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun play: 'Zero tolerance' toward schoolkids could backfire, says expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Little boys around the nation keep getting in trouble for guns – whether they’re made of plastic, formed by fingers or even fashioned from Pop-Tarts – but some experts say having “zero tolerance” for games children have played for centuries is turning the adults into bullies and backfiring on kids.

“These zero-tolerance policies are psychotic, in the strict sense of the word: psychotic means ‘out of touch with reality,’” Dr. Leonard Sax, a Pennsylvania psychologist and family physician, and author of “Boys Adrift,” told FoxNews.com.

I read this article and agreed with the psych on all points. This last quote made me shake my head in sadness

A Hayward, Calif., elementary school is planning a toy gun exchange for later this month, modeled after the exchanges law enforcement authorities hold to collect real guns. Kids who hand in the play weapons will get a book and a raffle ticket for a bicycle. Strobridge Elementary Principal Charles Hill said he hopes rounding up the toy guns will stop kids from growing up to play with real ones.

Story
edit on 6/11/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well... (devils advocate/tongue in cheek) ,,, If the kids are taught that guns are bad etc then who will fight their wars in the next generations? The kids will just be like- Hey..but you said guns are bad!

I'm sure no one will listen to this person though regarding how over-the-top and out of touch with reality these people have become.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm concerned about the people that will be running around this country 20 years from now.
I don't think this country will even be recognizable any more.

A drug addled, politically correct, non thinking, scared people under constant supervision by the Govt. They will tell you what to think, how to think and when to think.

Enjoy life now, because it's gonna suck later.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

This is their plan to remove guns from society. In the future they will not take the guns they will be given up of free will because they are evil.

Our future generations are being brainwashed.

Raist

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah I just realized how silly that was...the guns might be gone but the wars will be fought like video games...which are FUN FUN FUN!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

The wars might be fought that way or they might just be something of imagination much like in the book 1984. At least I perceived the wars in the book to be false, though I guess they might have been just as real fighting "real" enemies that we do today.

I am not saying that bad people do not want to hurt us, there are. I believe the wars today are nothing about what the general public perceives them to be.

Needless of how it really is I see the future as bleak for the generations to come.

Raist

top topics

join