It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia considers asylum for NSA whistleblower Snowden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Russia c0nsiders asylum for NSA whistleblower Snowden

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk

Russia is willing to consider granting political asylum for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, who blew the lid on the US PRISM program, Russian media reported. Snowden dropped out of sight Monday after he was last seen checking out of a Hong Kong hotel.

“If we receive such a request, we will consider it,” Kommersant daily quoted President Vladimir Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tele graph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind revelations of NSA surveillance
US spy leaker Edward Snowden 'missing' in Hong Kong
edit on 11-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would consider this offer if i was Edward Snowden.

It may be a chance for him to be safer-or could it be as dangerous as anywhere for him.ATS,do you think it would be wise for Snowden to consider this an option?

This is one brave guy who deserves all the help he can get-i hope everything works out allright for him.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

don't matter where he goes, nsa/cia/fbi can send in spies to poison his food and knock him off where ever he is. I think the only place he's safe is to be constantly on the move on the ground, sneaking across various borders stashed out in jungles or disguised as a mongolian or something.

Sad to say, but I don't see this guy being alive past the next few months

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While Russia would have their own reasons for offering asylum (*cough* Intelligence *cough*) i think Mr Snowden should take the risk. Heck, if i were him i would. At least you know that they aren't going to hand you over the the USA...

It would perhaps lower the public's opinion of him, but that amounts to nothing when his life is on the line.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Snowden would be schooled in propaganda and subversion then sent to the US in exchange for an important Russian or some other bargaining chip. He will then use his training to escape his confines and infiltrate the US intelligence agencies while imploding the system from within. At least, that is the sort of thing Bond would do.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

don't matter where he goes, nsa/cia/fbi can send in spies to poison his food and knock him off where ever he is. I think the only place he's safe is to be constantly on the move on the ground, sneaking across various borders stashed out in jungles or disguised as a mongolian or something.

There was a Russian KGB defector who joined a bunch of hippies, they seem ideal as they like to travel and no one would expect the guy with the massive beard, ponytails and tie die multi colour T-shirt.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Let us hope that the general public takes note of what he did,and wake up.I'm sad to say I also see a difficult future for Snowden,at the very least+at worse a "suicide" or accident.But maybe he took measures beforehand knowing his life would change swiftly after his revelations.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That was my 1st thought too.He must have foreseen various outcomes before he blew the whistle on Prism+the NSA though,I would be surprised if this scenario was'nt one of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

That's what they said about Assange.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by voudon

That would be one option,I guess:-)
Whatever happens I hope for his safety and that he can build a new life for himself somewhere.What he has done has certainly made one wonder what other so-called conspiracy theories may turn out to be conspiracy facts.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well let's hope Snowdon shares Assange's relative longevity.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found this anonymous video calling for a petition to pardon Edward Snowden.

Please spread this video and sign the petition!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by joshsmith99

Thank you,here is a direct link to this petition.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To be fair his leak was major but once again it just confirmed everyones suspicion about government surveillance

I doubt he's worth actually taking out by killing him that would look 10x as bad on the government, a true policed state.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Yes that would look outrageously suspicious if he had to suddenly turn up dead in the near future.I'm sure a lot of people will be keeping an eye on this incident for a long time.Hopefully.
I cannot imagine he will ever really feel safe again,though.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Start with this post and read the post I made following it. Then ask your self if he should go to Russia. Russia is already playing the game with the US not against it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Sparta

Yes that would look outrageously suspicious if he had to suddenly turn up dead in the near future.I'm sure a lot of people will be keeping an eye on this incident for a long time.Hopefully.
I cannot imagine he will ever really feel safe again,though.

True mate, can't imagine the idea of life in military prison bradley manning style is much of a nice thought of the future.

Infact he's ex-CIA maybe even send him of to one of their prisons daymn

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hopefully he used an onion routing style of planning to recruit a location for asylum.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Having been there a few times he should take them up on it.

St Petersburg is beautiful and the women are gorgeous.

Cost of living is very cheap too.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thank you JBA I will definitely check that out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join