It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Parliament Passes Anti-Gay Bill ( 434-0 Vote )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207

WOW!!

Your folks have really done a number on you huh?

No-Body is trying to infiltrate your childs Minds!!

Educating children in the subject would not make them gay, it would help lower intolerance and promote understanding.

It will stop them growing up like people on here.

My folks? Not sure where you got that?

If we want to have the kids understand gayness then we need to teach them it is the perversion that it is. If we teach that gayness is OK, we may as well teach that being a loose whore is OK as well. After all, loose women are likely born with the predisposition to be loose as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Malynn

If you use the argument that they cannot help who they are then you must expect parallels to be drawn with other instances where a person cannot control who they are. As is the case with beastiality and pedophillia.

Nobody said homosexuality was equivalent to either of those, only the state of mind of the individual. If you don't want an argument thrown back in your face, don't use it.

Heterosexuals can't help who they are either. Why not compare homosexuals to heterosexuals?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
You talk about someone being "taught to think" a certain way but yet here you are condoning the teaching of children to think a certain way, that's exactly what this "educating" of children about homosexuality is.

I am old enough to think for myself, as are many here. Children rely on those around them to teach them whether or not how they think is acceptable. Sexuality is an unavoidable fact of life and the educating should be done by the parents, not by the State based on the recommendation of some pro/anti focus group.

I am done commenting on this thread, the hypocrisy contained within is staggering.

There is no hypocrisy, only your inability to see outside your own little box.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Originally posted by Telos
So because of 10 gay kids we have to expose all the kids to homosexuality now?

To teach ALL the kids that 5-10% of the population is gay and always has been (meaning that instead of being attracted to the opposite gender as a life mate, they are attracted to the same gender), well, yes. It's the TRUTH. Do you have a problem with teaching kids to the truth?

kaylaluv covered it.

reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Keep it private, behind closed doors, just like it has been in the past! No legal marriage, no openly gay in public, don't ask don't tell crap....All of this new age trend stuff that might seem cool is not cool in my eyes...

Why should homosexuals "keep it quiet" when heterosexuals are free to express their sexuality openly, get married, talk about their wives and families, share who they think is attractive and display affection publicly? Can you answer that?

.Keep it to yourself like before. Like I said, this is not natural to me!

You think the general population should cater to your beliefs and behave in such a way that makes you feel comfortable?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Why not compare them to igloos? Why compare them at all? Why not stop shoving it down everyone's throat and get on with your life, in private? Why not tell everyone else to do the same. Point being, this shouldn't really be an issue at all and the more attention it gets, the worse it gets.

Minorities are just that. Small groups who's opinions are largely irrelevant, or should be. That doesn't mean you have to hate someone, only that what they do is of little to no concern of yours because it does not affect you. When it starts to affect you, then you have a problem. And here we are.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would request that all reasonable people watch this video from Russia. If you're an uneducated bigot, don't bother, go and read some BS Bible quote instead and rot your brain a little more.

Reality of homophobia in Russia

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Your intolerance of followers of the Bible is far more hateful then any posters have expressed towards the homosexual acceptance in the world, during this thread. You have been the only poster using names and belittling others of their opinions in your "defense" of your thoughts.

Why do the ones who hate a group the most (you and your opinion of Bible followers), project that hatred upon themselves as victims? That is the more interresting part for me as an observer.

".. the lady doth protest too much methinks..."

I respect your free will to live your life as you wish, as a Bible following man; I understand God's plan and why it is important to that plan for you to live your life as you see fit, in this present age. Why would you not respect mine as a Bible obedient man?

God Bless,

edit on 11-6-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

It's obvious. A closet Christian.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This news is a big victory for Bigots and people afraid of their sexuality. Well done Russia, raising the bar in draconian politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by Telos

P.S. I didn't know pederasty can be compared with water, anger, snakes or gravity. I might have missed that biology or physics class.

Excuse me? You're trying to compare PEDOPHILES with Homosexuals? I had no intention responding to this thread until I saw that gem of ignorance.

Just as a reminder, there are giant differences between beastiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality. However, a lot of really stupid people seem to like to compare the three.
edit on 6/11/13 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

Oh so bitter and so pointless. Lady you wouldn't have seen the inexistent gem of ignorance in my post if your vocabulary was reacher and you were able to distinguish words. I've wrote pederasty and not pedophily. Let me enlighten you: pederasty is another word for gay !!!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If we want to have the kids understand gayness then we need to teach them it is the perversion that it is. If we teach that gayness is OK, we may as well teach that being a loose whore is OK as well. After all, loose women are likely born with the predisposition to be loose as well.
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

This is exactly why children should be taught about homosexuality in society!

People like you will be educated with facts and not be only exposed to ignorant views on an issue which you clearly know little about. Providing facts on the basis of raising awareness is what education should be about! Many kids in school will be affected by people like you.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Telos

To teach ALL the kids that 5-10% of the population is gay and always has been (meaning that instead of being attracted to the opposite gender as a life mate, they are attracted to the same gender), well, yes. It's the TRUTH. Do you have a problem with teaching kids ...

No, I think kids should be kids. Let the children be children.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh, and for the last time, there is no homosexual agenda. Gay people have been here from the very beginning, in every race, in every society at every point in human history. Shame on people for acting like its a 21st century fashion, even more shameful for thinking by "not exposing your children" to homosexuals that its guarantees their heterosexuality. Seriously, what planet are you living on? Do you actually understand how emotionally complex the average human being is? DO YOU???

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by Briles1207

WOW!!

Your folks have really done a number on you huh?

No-Body is trying to infiltrate your childs Minds!!

Educating children in the subject would not make them gay, it would help lower intolerance and promote understanding.

It will stop them growing up like people on here.

My folks? Not sure where you got that?

i am not a perversion, i am okay, i am not a defect, or an abomination,

this Vote in Russia shows that we are not thought of as Human, we are considered a 'Sub-Human'

the misconception about homosexuality is giving reasons and excuses to teach others intolerance of us, the lack of understanding is being trickled down to the next generation,

and whilst there is a progressive push forward, there are still many that push back,

we are Human

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If parents are raising their kids right than their kids should be able to go to their mom and dad and tell them if they think they are gay, or confused or what have you. And if the parents are doing their job right, they will listen, be supportive and continue to love their child no matter what. I'd like to say I don't have a problem with this, because in all honesty I don't want my kids learning about sex at a young age at all. But I do think it's a shame that Russia has no tolerance for gays whatsoever.

Im not going to take too kindly if sexuality is brought up to my grade school kids. They are kids, let them be kids for crying out loud, let them laugh and play not worry about whats in their pants. As someone else brought up, if a child is gay they will know it.
Just last week there was controversy over a billboard that shows a pregnant mom and in captions says "Im having a lesbian" WHAT??? Please people let your children grow up and be who they will be on their own.

There is an awful lot of intolerance on this thread towards people who are voicing their RIGHT to have an opinion. The gays and lesbians of yesterday fought so hard for you to be where you are today, don't let that work be in vain. For if you keep pushing your beliefs on everyone else and ramming your sexuality down everyone's throats it's going to backfire. Many people are losing their tolerance.

Just be human, stop looking at everything from a sexual perspective and just look at each other as what we are humans occupying a lovely little round ball in space for just a short time.

edit on 11-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

There's a big difference between teaching or broaching the subject of sexuality and sex education.

Sex education is needed to be taught before puberty kicks in.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Telos

To teach ALL the kids that 5-10% of the population is gay and always has been (meaning that instead of being attracted to the opposite gender as a life mate, they are attracted to the same gender), well, yes. It's the TRUTH. Do you have a problem with teaching kids ...

No, I think kids should be kids. Let the children be children.

You mean let them continue to bully gay kids because they don't understand their differences. I've got news for you. Children are already aware of the differences - they just don't understand them. They are dealing with it NOW, so let's teach them about it NOW.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Children are already aware of the differences - they just don't understand them. They are dealing with it NOW, so let's teach them about it NOW.

That's the thing, some people don't like to acknowledge or deal with the fact that there are gay kids in school.
I was one of them.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Ah the good old ATS hypocrisy two-step again.

If someone is genetically wired to be homosexual, you have to respect their choice and be tolerant of their right to be that person.

If someone decides, for whatever reason they want, that they don't like homosexuals, you don't have to be tolerant of their right to think that or be that person.

Oh ATS, how you do amuse me so.

Russia's house; Russia's rules. Simple.

So you are comparing a state of being (a person is homosexual) to a belief (a person feels homosexuality is wrong)? You can challenge a belief. You cannot challenge a state of being.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Syphon because: because I can never get something right the first time.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Oh so bitter and so pointless. Lady you wouldn't have seen the inexistent gem of ignorance in my post if your vocabulary was reacher and you were able to distinguish words. I've wrote pederasty and not pedophily. Let me enlighten you: pederasty is another word for gay !!!

The irony is almost too much to bear. You've managed to (incorrectly) lecture someone for their ignorance on a definition which you are clearly ignorant about, in a thread about educating people.

Awesome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join