It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haven't had a dream I remembered for years until last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can't remember the last time I had a dream that I actually recalled until last night....and it was an odd one.

I am a VERY heavy sleeper and am sure I dream nightly, I just don't remember them. This one actually woke me up a couple times and each time I went back to sleep it started where it left off. I actually was in a sort of sleep mode I have never experienced where I could hear everything in the room and knew I could but was still dreaming at the same time. I could hear my 4 month old through our monitor in the room, I could hear our fan spinning and I could hear my wife breathing but at the same time I was still dreaming this odd dream.

Now...onto the dream.

It began with me in a car with my 6 year old daughter and a random lady I have never seen driving. She had dark brown hair to the middle of her back. I was in the front seat and my daughter was in the back without her booster seat. It was odd because I had a sense that we were fleeing something but that I knew why my wife and other 2 children were not with me, though I actually had no idea why they weren't nor why I was in a car with a random lady driving.

At my feet in the car were an AR-15 and a couple of pistols. At this point my thought went to something had happened that we were running from. We were on the highway in very heavy traffic with a LOT of other cars and people. We finally got to a highway overpass where there was a roadblock and they were announcing it was a checkpoint.

It was very similar to a seatbelt checkpoint only over a loudspeaker they were announcing it was a weapons checkpoint and to have your weapons out in the open and ready to be cleared.

I remember the people at the checkpoint were all dressed in camo but had no identifying markers or patches or writing on them which at the time did not register in my dream. There were a lot of oddly futuristic looking blue lights on top of the road block barriers and separating the lines of cars. We were forced to pull over and get out of our car at which point I saw everyone else standing with their weapons held over their heads but in a non-threatening, we are giving you our weapons kind of way...like a surrender of sorts.

For some reason I decided to leave mine in the car where they were and oddly enough the people running the checkpoint knew they were there but did not ask me to get them out. Everyone around began walking to a "deposit" area and laying their weapons on the ground for a check. They were checking to see if there were any rounds in the chambers and how recently the weapons had been fired with some type of field test.

At this point they began asking for identification from everyone and when they got to me suddenly it clicked that none of them had any sort of identifying marker as to who they were or what entity they worked for so I refused to give them my ID or tell them anything about my daughter.

They began yelling that I had to and that I had not gotten my weapons out of my car and they knew there were rounds in the chamber in all of them. I began asking them back who they were and to show me their ID's and they refused at which point I started speaking louder to get others to question them. This went on for a while in my dream to the point where we were all questioning them.

At this point my dream cut to a strange scene of everyone around me looking down at a large parking garage and somehow all of our cars had been parked neatly in the garage and there was a feeling of "there is nothing we can do about this", kind of like despair.

My dream ended there but I can't begin to tell you how long it seemed to take....seemed like hours. I am sure there are some parts I am not getting or that will eventually come back to me but just an odd dream for it to be the first one I remember in so long.

Any thoughts anyone?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Whoa, flags and no replies.

Do you recognize the area?
The woman could just be a spirit guide, or someone you are suppose to meet at the "designated time and place". This could be a precog dream, or a dream about a possible future scenario given certain parameters. Remember that the future is not certain. You could still change it, such as, if you recognize the area, perhaps it is time to move. When this situation happens, don't use the main roads.
I find that the more you write down about the dream, the more the details come through.

Such as, the military personal at the check point with no insignia. Were they American, or did they have a foreign accent? Were the fatigues the digi-print, or generic (could help in placing the solders or just a group that are taking your stuff)? What else was in your car besides the weapons, did you have BOBs, survival stuff? Did you have a since of urgency like you "Must get away from a specific place and to a safer place"?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

What did you have for dinner before your dream.

It's been my experience that if I eat spicy food before bed, my dreams are much more vivid.
But they are just dreams and not prophetic.

Do you think this dream foretells the future in some way?

edit on 11-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Whoa, flags and no replies.

Do you recognize the area?
The woman could just be a spirit guide, or someone you are suppose to meet at the "designated time and place". This could be a precog dream, or a dream about a possible future scenario given certain parameters. Remember that the future is not certain. You could still change it, such as, if you recognize the area, perhaps it is time to move. When this situation happens, don't use the main roads.
I find that the more you write down about the dream, the more the details come through.

Such as, the military personal at the check point with no insignia. Were they American, or did they have a foreign accent? Were the fatigues the digi-print, or generic (could help in placing the solders or just a group that are taking your stuff)? What else was in your car besides the weapons, did you have BOBs, survival stuff? Did you have a since of urgency like you "Must get away from a specific place and to a safer place"?

The area looked like any highway overpass outside of Atlanta. I can't recall any specific signs on the road that I saw. It reminds me of I-20 though. The personnel had the desert color digi-camo on and were definitely American. I never opened the trunk so I don't know if there was anything in there, but I only had my weapons and ammo in a black bag in the front with me. My daughter had a pillow and her favorite stuffy with her.

Another odd thing was that somehow the AR-15 fit on the floorboard in the front with me but looked normal sized. I think we were in a 1970's era Mercedes 280 as well.

Yes there was a definite sense of urgency to get out of the area for some reason. It was almost as if the checkpoint was set up prior to any alert for anyone to leave the area, but it was a MASS exodus of people. Highway was jammed but fairly certain only the west bound side was jammed...there were no cars nor checkpoints on the other side.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

What did you have for dinner before your dream.

It's been my experience that if I eat spicy food before bed, my dreams are much more vivid.
But they are just dreams and not prophetic.

Do you think this dream foretells the future in some way?

edit on 11-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I had shrimp and pasta. I eat spicy foods a lot and can't ever recall any foods setting off a dream that I remember. Like I said...it has been years since I have remembered a dream.

Not sure...don't really believe in dreams telling the future and I am certainly no psychic. Just a strange but very real dream to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is my humble opinion that this dream is a precog. There may be an announcement coming down the pipe within the next few years, and the result will be this type of scenario. Atlanta you say? Isn't that close to the coast? Might be time to move.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I don't think it is close enough to the coast to require a move unless a REALLY big wave comes. We are sort of protected by the Appalachians to the east and far enough north of the coast that I am not worried.

Not really a believer of precog but stranger things have happened. I can't really get over just how real it felt though and how many parts of it were very real, not distorted as dreams tend to be. There were only a couple parts that seemed distorted.

It was really just a shock that I remembered it so vividly and how odd it felt to hear everything else going on around me but still be dreaming. I actually talked to my wife about it when we got up this morning. She remarked that she couldn't remember the last time I spoke about a dream either so it has been a while.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Here is a fun little site that you can play with: floodmap.net
Play around with the meters of water height and see if your space is safe (150 - 220 meters is a good start). Also, a good distance from the coast would be good to look into as well. Looks like Atlanta is about 230-270 miles from the coast. Check into tsunami power that MIGHT hit your area.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada

Here is a fun little site that you can play with: floodmap.net
Play around with the meters of water height and see if your space is safe (150 - 220 meters is a good start). Also, a good distance from the coast would be good to look into as well. Looks like Atlanta is about 230-270 miles from the coast. Check into tsunami power that MIGHT hit your area.

That is pretty cool. Looks like I am good up to about 200 meters which would be almost 700 feet. That would have to be a MASSIVE wave to get here. If that was the case then my dream would definitely not have been about I-20 as it would be underwater....only option I would have would be to go north or find a boat.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Think more on the dream, at least the vivid parts. Write them down in a dream diary, the more you remember the more comes forth. Of course, this could all be for naught, and a dream could just be a dream. But in my experience, the more vivid the dream, the more important the message.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Another idea (I have read/heard in passing) in regards to vivid dreams is that they are conducive to an "us" in an alternate Universe or Dimension. If you subscribe to the Multi-verse theory and the theory that there are multiple dimensions with another you playing out their life.

Because the energies are connected in some fashion, when a traumatic or spectacular event occurs with another you elsewhere, it is said that the energy ripples through the various dimensions.

Therein, another you, in another dimension, is perhaps dealing with what sounds to be a very memorable and traumatic chain of events that you are seeing in your dreams.

Food for thought anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Do you worry a lot about US citizens having their guns confiscated?

If so, have you been reading threads on it lately?

It could very well be your mind just working out a what if scenario.
I had several dreams like this a while back, and concluded that I was clouding my mind with end of the world junk.

I'm not saying that is what this is, however, if you have been reading about it, and are now dreaming about it, I would take that into consideration.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I am not really worried about it but have definitely kept up with the gun control issues. No more so than in previous years that I can remember though. I suppose that could be an answer to the dream. I did not have it again last night, or at least don't remember it so it doesn't seem to be recurring.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The woman driving the car and you are the passenger Your mind invented her to show that you are not in control of your destiny in a certain situation. SHE (circumstances beyond your control) is taking you to this situation. She's driving. You are riding along.

As for the other images ... I can't say. They could be whatever is on your mind or they could be representing future events, either literally or figuratively. (figuratively as in something totalitarian at work or at home but your mind has translated those things to be the checkpoints and gun confiscation, etc)

But the woman driving the car is pretty clear.

Those are common dream images ... the car going down a rode is life, and whoever is driving is the one who is making the decisions or making the events happen. The woman is a nameless nobody ... so it's just 'life' in general taking you in a direction.

Anyways ... that's my input ... for whatever it's worth.

top topics

join