It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man shot, killed after breaking into home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

MANCHESTER, N.H. —Police said a man was killed during a break-in at a Manchester home early Sunday morning. Manchester police said a Lake Avenue man called 911 at 2:43 a.m. and said he had armed himself with a handgun because he heard someone outside his apartment on the porch. Shortly afterward, the man's apartment door was kicked open and two men rushed inside and charged at him, police said.

Source Article

Also, in the apartment was a woman's and her 3 year old child. All saved because the man was able to defend and protect them all on his own. I certainly hope (as reported) he will not be charged with anything in this case, if the story holds true. I have noticed this type of news item is gaining more traction in the MSM lately, since the latest gun regulation bills have failed. For those that still believe a person should not have any reason to own a gun, I certainly hope you never have to find out like this. Because, when the police arrive, they will be reporting on the casualties of the victims, and not the intruders.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I love seeing the bad guy get what he deserves.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They got what they deserve.
more people should have guns.
so evil men will not they can not win this way.
go into banking or politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Also in the "It Happens Every Single Day Category: A dog somewhere has licked himself.

Other Current Events: This forum is for the discussion of contemporary world events, with a general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups that may not easily fit into other topical forums. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Dirtbag got what he deserved, tank god this guy was armed.
I'd love to buy him a drink and a new box of ammo

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Thank you for your opinion. However, I do not believe it is your call where stories are posted. SO, if the mods decide to move this story to a more appropriate forum, then that is fine. But the last time I checked, this forum was named "Other Current Events". As far as I can tell, this story IS a current event, that does into fit to any specific category.
If you have an opinion on the actual topic, I wish to hear it...please.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Sorry I thought my post was self explanatory. My post had nothing to do with which forum this story was posted in, I was making the point that this has no conspiracy, scandal, or cover-up. This is a local story reported by a local news source. It is a crime and outcome that happens every single day in this country. WHY is this posted?

This forum is for the discussion of contemporary world events, with a general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups that may not easily fit into other topical forums.

What part of that is hard to understand?

And now tit-for-tat an anti-gun nut job will post a story about a kid getting killed by a gun left out.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I'm sorry to upset you dear sir. Please then, alert the mods to this post. That is your right. However, I will still feel free top post contemporary news stories in this forum if I feel it is relevant for discussion. This story is also not posted in the area for conspiracies either. It is in the current events forum.

Surely, the music, computer, etc... other forums are not conspiracy related are they?

Again, if you have an opinion on discussing this story, as opposed to being a self-appointed moderator, I welcome your input.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I see no problem with this. If someone breaks into a house, they deserve to get killed. The guy saved the taxpayer a lot of money on prison costs. How come he didn't shoot the other guy? He needs more practice.
edit on 10-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Look directly above your first post in this thread and read.

Surely, the music, computer, etc... other forums are not conspiracy related are they?

No they aren't because they are not labeled as such, this one is.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Let me break that paragraph down for you:

"general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups"

"tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups"

"Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals."

This is to warn folks that a conspiracy angle is likely to be discussed (but NOT required) so don;t be surprised or outraged that posters take a story and put a conspiratorial spin on it here.

This is, IMO, the spirit of that paragraph. If you wish to make a conspiracy on thisstory, go for it. Just please don't whine, it's unbecoming.

ETA: And, here's the seed of conspiracy from my original OP, thast is up for discussion here, " I have noticed this type of news item is gaining more traction in the MSM lately, since the latest gun regulation bills have failed"

edit on 10-6-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

OK I'll ask my question again, why did you post this story?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'll respond since you asked a question relevant to the post. Here's the seed of conspiracy from my original OP, that's is up for discussion here, " I have noticed this type of news item is gaining more traction in the MSM lately, since the latest gun regulation bills have failed". Why did the MSM not post these stories prior to the failure of the gun control bills? The only stories you saw plastered everywhere were the pro-gun control stories.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey krak.....in exchange for you having to field questioins.....I flagged and starred the crap out it....hot day in arizona prolly

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks, I'm not here for S&F's. But your sentiment is appreciated.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Hmm, this forum is in 'current events forums'.

Only 2 of the 9 forums have conspiracy in the name.
edit on 6/10/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

A woman and a 3-year-old child were staying in the apartment at the time and were not hurt. The male resident suffered minor injuries.

Read more: www.wcvb.com

A woman and a child "were staying" in the apartment? Could that be related to the forced entry?

How was the male resident injured? They don't say if the intruders were armed or not.

It looks like something is missing from this story.

edit on 10/6/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It might be still under investigation, as it is a new story. I will follow this and if any new details emerge, will update here if it adds any relevancy.

However, even if it is a factor (suppose the woman was running from a bad situation, or in a bad situation) it still does not condone the men breaking into the apartment.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I believe most here would actually be more interested in hearing why someone would go to so much trouble to complain about it.

edit on 10-6-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
UPDATE: When officers arrived, they found a man who didn't live in the apartment dead from what appeared to be at least one gunshot wound. (in respect to copyrights, please read the full story at the link below)

Source Article 2

So, the dead man definitely did not live in the apartment, so he was after those in the apartment, and had no legal right to be there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join