It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Want Snowden's Head on a Platter Listen to What the Author of the Patriot Act Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Author of Patriot Act: NSA Data Grab Violates It

www.breitbart.com...

Oh yeah, you are supporting punishment for the report of illegal action of the U.S. government. You feel okay with that?

When the government puts itself above the law they are the criminals.

Your decision to defend the government may need to be re-evaluated in light of this information.

edit on 6/10/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think this Snowden guy is a hero and I hope it becomes a trend and more follow his example. I just can't believe the number of people on ATS and elsewhere who are so willing to defend the govt. It doesn't even take a "wack job conspiracy theorist" to know things are way off with our govt.

Furthermore, all the libs need to stop defending the Obama administration no matter what, it's getting old fast. Step outside the hive liberal political mentality and think for yourselves. Sheesh, we all know, like the patriot act that all the libs would be crying if even half of the things that have happened under this admins watch, happened under Bush's.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The ones who want Snowden's head are simply traitors to the American people.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, get angry at Snowden for exposing this civilian surveillance, whilst putting your entire faith in your lying, robbing Government.

I've even read posts where people claim this kind of leak gives the upper hand to Terrorists. Are these the same Terrorists that our Governments armed in Libya and are doing the exact same thing in Syria? Come on, we have been played too long, most people can see what this man has done was the right and decent thing to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Some people are so afraid, they want to be safe before all else. I believe they should be locked in the homes so they will be safe, food can be delivered, certainly they should never drive on the dangerous roads, nor walk or bike...not safe out there!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Looks like somebody forgot about article 215 of the patriot act.
This Is What Section 215 of the Patriot Act Does

Under Section 215, the government can apply to the FISA court to compel businesses (like Verizon) to hand over user records. Here's what Slate wrote about Section 215 in a 2003 guide to the Patriot Act:

Section 215 modifies the rules on records searches. Post-Patriot Act, third-party holders of your financial, library, travel, video rental, phone, medical, church, synagogue, and mosque records can be searched without your knowledge or consent, providing the government says it's trying to protect against terrorism.

All the government has to do is say terrorism and your right to privacy is gone.
edit on 10-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I think this Snowden guy is a hero and I hope it becomes a trend and more follow his example. I just can't believe the number of people on ATS and elsewhere who are so willing to defend the govt. It doesn't even take a "wack job conspiracy theorist" to know things are way off with our govt.

Furthermore, all the libs need to stop defending the Obama administration no matter what, it's getting old fast. Step outside the hive liberal political mentality and think for yourselves. Sheesh, we all know, like the patriot act that all the libs would be crying if even half of the things that have happened under this admins watch, happened under Bush's.

He is a hero, he has exposed an organisation/s acting out of their remit. There is nothing to say that elements in the organisation could not have used this information for self profit. I would not be surprised if a huge criminal investigation will be started because of this, I would not be surprised either if it turns these elements have been coining it for years, it is a huge story, something many have speculated on for a long time. Now this guy has made the mark.
As to if the government would know about this, that is hard to tell, the NSA for instance is run by a military man, a general, and his deputy is a civilian, (current incumbents since 2005) and are pretty autonomous under the secretary of defence. In Maryland NSA HQ, alone there is room for 18,000 vehicles, and while it's not likely all employees are in the matrix, there must be quite a few who are.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, the Republican author of the Patriot Act, sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder that says he is “extremely disturbed” by reports that the National Security Agency collected phone records from Verizon customers and insists it violates the law.
“These reports are deeply concerning and raise questions about whether our constitutional rights are secure,” the Wisconsin Republican said in the letter, sent Thursday.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I would not be surprised if a huge criminal investigation will be started because of this.

I would. I hope you're right, but seriously, the other team plans to get the White House back at some point. They don't want to break this particular toy. So who would launch a serious investigation? Congressional democrats? Some might call for it to increase their "credibility", but it'll be seen to that nothing comes of it.
Support your local post office.

new topics

top topics

join