It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to Sue the Government Over NSA Spying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
reckon its time for a Facebook campaign now we know they are deffinatly listening i motion we should start and end our phone conversations with the Word ´´# Obama´´ or ´´# cammeron´´ if your british in honour of prism
so hello would be replaced with ´´# Obama´´ ..... and goodbye with ´`# Obama`` it`s simple and it would really piss the nsa off constantly listening to regular folk slag off the president i cant really think of a better non violent way to express our outrage over this #e

You know, I really really adore this idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sinking fast under the weight of the republican party

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkhenatenII

Sinking fast under the weight of the republican party

And that is not a strictly partisan statement?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89

Here we go... More mass blinding going on. Look people, how about you do this... Go read the patriotic Act. Make sure you read every provision of it. It really isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Yes, there are some horrible provisions in this act but, it's these specific provisions that need to be changed.

What?! Are you out of your mind? I have read the antiPatriot act front to back and almost choked. That treasonous piece of paper should have been burned long before the ink dried.

Not the NSA being sued just for tapping telephone calls. Maybe suing them for watching you have sex is a better case. Seriously, what do you have to be afraid of when it comes to the NSA tapping into your phone calls?

Yeah you're right of course, who wants to let a little thing like the Bill of Rights get in the way.

I'd be happy if Rand Paul would change his political party to libertarian or something. Anything but Republican because he doesn't represent them very well with his IQ.

Why don't you just shoot or slander the messenger? Oh wait, you did.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Rand Paul is on fire, his stand for principle while cleverly using the "game" of politics to put the Constitution center stage is nothing short of amazing.

He is a freshman senator but he is also quoted to be one of the most feared US senators currently sitting in office (Joe Biden said this in a fundraiser to democratic donors).

Why? Because he puts senators' feet to the fire and isn't afraid to make a show out of it for all of Americans to see.

He is all over the mainstream media and is polling #1 for GOP 2016 in almost all of the states polled in the recent months.

I am a verizon customer and will be more than happy to join his class action suit. He is also talking to all of the major tech companies in joining his suit too, google, yahoo, facebook, ebay, microsoft, etc...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Rand Paul will impress me when he begins to call for an immediate repeal of the patriot act

He criticizes the patriot act almost daily, look for his voting record as well as his interviews.

He also recently released a Fourth Amendment Restoration Act legislation which is essentially anti-patriot act. You don't get how politics works, if he calls for an immediate repeal of the patriot act (like Ron Paul has), he will lose the right and the mainstream that still are under the spell that the global war on terror is a real thing and only maintain the support of supposed 'radicals' like us. In order to get things done, you need mainstream support and in order to get mainstream support all you have to do is take something like repealing the patriot act and call it restoring the fourth amendment, two things that mean exactly the same thing but sounds different to different ears.

Case in point, THE DREAM ACT more or less = legalizing illegal aliens. Now how many people would support either of the two by name only?

Link to the press release:
www.paul.senate.gov...

edit on 12-6-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessbrainpower89

Here we go... More mass blinding going on. Look people, how about you do this... Go read the patriotic Act. Make sure you read every provision of it. It really isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Yes, there are some horrible provisions in this act but, it's these specific provisions that need to be changed. Not the NSA being sued just for tapping telephone calls. Maybe suing them for watching you have sex is a better case. Seriously, what do you have to be afraid of when it comes to the NSA tapping into your phone calls?

Now if they cross the line and tap into your conversations for other purposes like, finding out your bank account information, or to find out how many guns you have, etc, then go sue them. Though please stop believing EVERYTHING Rand Paul says. Don't get me wrong. He makes great points from time to time but, he goes off his hinges every once in a while. I'd be happy if Rand Paul would change his political party to libertarian or something. Anything but Republican because he doesn't represent them very well with his IQ.

God, your post made absolutely no sense. The only mass blinding going on is the one you are doing to yourself.

First you try to make the argument that the patriot act isn't that bad then go to say how it has some horrific provisions.

WTF?

Then you go on to make the argument that its not that bad and people have nothing to worry about if they don't do anything bad. WELL....if you said the patriot act isn't that bad then why would anybody need to worry in the first place?

WTF?

Then you say the NSA illegally wiretapping unsuspected Americans IN MASS isn't crossing the line but its BAD and "crossing the line" to find your bank account or gun ownership information? Which part of the former isn't crossing the line? Please tell me

WTF?

Then you go on to say Rand Paul is crazy or "off the hinges" but you'll respect him more if he leaves the Republican party to join the Libertarian party?

WTF??????

What difference does it make? He is going to be saying the same things if he has an R or an L next to his name, why the hell does political affiliation matter to deserve a certain level of your respect? Why do you say he goes off his hinges? Which part, SPECIFICALLY in his statements on the NSA does he "go off his hinges"? He has a team constantly doing research to make sure he says things which are factual to maintain credibility, this is politics 101 so where is he "going off the hinges"?

I think you are the one going off the hinges, as I said earlier, your post makes no sense and is full of contradictions.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

He is a freshman senator but he is also quoted to be one of the most feared US senators currently sitting in office (Joe Biden said this in a fundraiser to democratic donors).

Why? Because he puts senators' feet to the fire and isn't afraid to make a show out of it for all of Americans to see.

Rands ability to make the older Senators tremble is proof positive he worries them!
That he has that rare quality, and wont back off from it makes him a threat to the status quo,
and the lifetime politicians are left to whine about it like a bunch of cheap lobbyists.

edit on 13-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

They are filling a great role. Rand Paul is such a wise guy, it's just like Fox News, they aren't going to be completely blatant and practical about their opinions because they end up affecting America the opposite of how they intended.

They are both sly and despite touting some impractical and unfeasible political opinions (in the current time at least) they are valuable to the end of changing and directing public sentiment into a positive direction. Ron Paul has always been so far ahead of the curve.

And sometimes they get very real and offer an honest perspective that nearly no politician is willing to offer.
edit on 14-6-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AkhenatenII

Yea Rand Paul doesn't belong in the GOP.

He should usher in the Progressive Libertarian party to take the best parts of the right and left and put them together in one decent party.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Right on. The status quo doesn't need everyones' support it's not going anywhere any time soon anyway.

On the topic of the Verizon scandal I have a feeling the inside of Verizon is as much to blame as the government. Those blue-chip companies are practically part of the government.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Rand and Ron Paul are nothing but scam artist capitalizing and hijacking a movement to keep control over the restless Americans.

Ron Paul could have won if he wanted to. He sabotaged his own campaign. He was never in it to win. Do your own research. Look who funds Ron and Rand....

www.buzzfeed.com...

The bilderbergers bought the liberty movement.

Best way to control an opposition is to lead it ourselves. - Lenin

edit on 15-6-2013 by mishmallow8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join