It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we trust our Govt. again? Or too much damage done...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies so far... Not surprised to see the group consensus leaning towards never and I've never trusted them before...

The main issue here is that the politicians seem to give little to no care towards how we feel.

Would you consider this a safe way to describing the world we live in today

National Security > Freedoms/Rights

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

National Security > Freedoms/Rights

More like: Power/Control using the guise of national security > Freedom/Rights

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't trust, will never trust them, and can't wait for their own deeds to be their undoing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Government was never meant to be trusted which is why that document was written the US constitution.

The government works for us we were never meant to be subservient to government most people have forgotten that.

In God you trust if your a believer, if your not trust yourself the only person in the world or thing that will never screw you over for a vote, or political power.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by signalfire

Not sure if 28 is considered young anymore...

So its safe to say that trust is gone and gone for good, correct?

I don't even trust anyone under 35 [not enough experience]. And everyone over 35 is well on the way to senility and dementia.

The only thing you can trust about any government is that they have an agenda and the electorate isn't included, except as a way to fund said agenda.
edit on 10-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You don't ever get to trust the Government not in 1789 not in 2013. Washington sold us out to the bankers, and sent the Army to put down a rebellion over taxes. Adams passed legislation that outlawed criticizing his Presidency and threw people in prison for doing so. Jefferson an outspoken opponent of Executive power, did more in his term to expand Executive power than any other. So even if you use the way back machine, trusting the Government not a good idea. You gotta watch that wench like a hawk.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Trusting the government (or not) is a false choice. Strictly speaking, you can't trust or not trust a non-human entity.

Some examples: A corporation, a government, a machine. You can't extend trust in a true sense to any of these.

This government is somewhat predictable and very dangerous. The agents of law enforcement are both unpredictable and very dangerous. There are more and and more LEO's of various types every year. Corporations are very predictable and somewhat dangerous.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

trust
noun \ˈtrəst\
Definition of TRUST
a : assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something

Examples: I trust that the sun will rise tomorrow. I trust that my car will start. I trust that gravity works.

So yes you can put your trust into a non-human entity by the true definition of the word.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
..a person can barely trust their own self let alone some form of government
power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts avocado's

3rd line?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by signalfire

Not sure if 28 is considered young anymore...

So its safe to say that trust is gone and gone for good, correct?

I don't even trust anyone under 35 [not enough experience]. And everyone over 35 is well on the way to senility and dementia.

The only thing you can trust about any government is that they have an agenda and the electorate isn't included, except as a way to fund said agenda.
edit on 10-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Hey! I'll have you know that at almost 60, my senility and dementia is just getting started.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate
reply to post by jhn7537

In simple terms NO. This current U.S. government and the current president should be destroyed. Obama is a liar and a criminal and has nothing but liars and criminals working for him. Previous administrations who fabricated evidence and lied to the American people and the world and caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands should be lined up against the Whitehouse wall and shot while the Constitution of this country is read aloud. I sincerely hope that the watchers are watching me post this. Come and get me. Revolution is coming.

This. This.

Lying to the people by the government or any representative of the government including the media is treason to the entire global population. We can't fix our problems until we know what they are and can have an open honest discussion about them. As long as we're being lied to, we're standing on quicksand.

I don't care if they're arrested, tried and convicted and put in prison to rot or drawn and quartered or hung by the neck until dead with their bodies left out for the buzzards to pick at, whatever will discourage the next generation of psychopaths and sociopaths. Marches and petitions are a joke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Trust a bunch of lying politicians and secretive government agencies?

I'm gonna go with NO.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think this thread is related to the discussion....what would everyone think if we had a Vaterans political party?
would you trust the Vets?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

McCain is a vet, do you trust him?

Kerry is a vet, so is Gore, do you trust them?

I don't trust them.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It was people who put too much trust in government who got us into this mess in the first place. Trust no one. Especially distrust egomaniacs who promise you everything in return for a little more power.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately, with our Govt. I keep thinking of the same saying over and over again in my head...

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".... But with our Govt. its like fool me 10000000 times....

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I will not trust anyone in office until they walk back a whole bunch of bad laws and Supreme Court rulings. Citizens United, the Patriot Act and this new permission to eavesdrop on ordinary citizens without warrant or reason, as just a few examples. It was very disappointing Obama did not reverse the Patriot Act. I don't know if I wasn't listening or what, but it seemed like that was among the things he promised to do before getting elected. When he signed a renewal of the Patriot Act, I thought I was going to croak. I wanted my vote back.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I can only go off what text books have taught us, but I don't remember reading about our founding father's acting this way. So what changed? Why are we at this state now?

As poster below you mentioned...it's been that way for a while...maybe you just started to realize it.

What changed? Once the profit turned number one driving force for humans and corporations alike, all other human qualities like integrity, honesty, compassion and quest for truth became second to it. I see it all the time these days. Fresh examples being prosecutions of whistleblowers. The system and many other people are more concerned about not "damaging" US interests (btw. that's a legitimate reason for murder and occupation, having some interests in the area...like oil or something) than speaking out the truth. That't become a bit of "fool's quality"...speaking the truth. Often I see comments like "he's damn fool and glory hunter", "he should be hanged"..."he signed a NDA...therefore..."

F... truth they say. We were embarrassed !!! Off with their heads !!!!

Only a liar can be embarrassed by truth. Only a criminal would be hurt by the contents of the truth. If you died because someone told the truth...than more than likely...whatever you were doing...you were doing it wrong.

I don't trust them. Not your Gov...not mine not any. Not today. Not in the future, anytime soon. Not until number 1 motivator is the profit. Because Gov needs profit. Interests need profit. Rich want even more profit than the last year. Until this changes...you can't trust them...because your welfare comes second...if even.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I might entertain the idea once some major changes are made to the laws of accountability for anyone who takes an oath of office to serve the populous. For starters I would like to see accountability, 1) when there is a situation where our rights are violated, or unethical behavior suspected, no matter how small, a MANDATORY outside independent investigation should be conducted. 2) This investigation should be COMPLETELY Transparent and open to all the public. 3) If the investigation shows probable cause, a MANDATORY Trial must be conducted with a jury of randomly chosen citizens. 4) If The public servants are guilty they must be held accountable and face capitol punishment on the very first offense. Nothing less.

These people have a position of authority and the power to ruin the lives of many people. No one twisted there arm to take this position, it was chosen, and those who choose to serve in this capacity better make sure they have uncompromisable ethics, or they should pay with there personal lives! Money means nothing to them, so a fine is useless. Put there freedom and actual breath of life at risk, I think you would find much less corruption. This should be across the board penalty to ANY position, police, judge, politician, and any accessory.

This is a start for me to regain trust!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join