It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sushi Restaurant's Flying Tray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Seems human arms and hands are not needed for serving food in the Sushi Business, Instead they'll be using......drones. I don't see the point in myself, surely humans are cheaper to serve food?
www.youtube.com...

news.sky.com...

A Japanese restaurant has brought a new meaning to the term 'fast food', hurtling meals towards customers on what it claims is the world's first flying tray. Dubbed the iTray, the lightweight, carbon fibre gadget can travel at speeds of up to 11 metres per second (25mph) and has a range of 50 metres. The remote-controlled platter can reach speeds of 25mph Waiters and waitresses at YO! Sushi guide the platter through the air using an iPad app, while kitchen staff can check the food is delivered by watching real-time video feeds from two on-board cameras. "We're all about innovation and delivering a whole concept in an unusual and exciting way," said Robin Rowland, chief executive of YO! Sushi. "The iTray ... is a way for us to explain how exciting food can be." The restaurant chain, which is credited with bringing the kaiten conveyor belt to the UK, has trialled a number of innovations since its launch in 1997. Speaking robot drinks trolleys, self-heating plates and video game toilets are among the gadgets used at its 64 UK stores.

I think they look pretty dangerous, what if one them blades get caught in a somebody's hair?

Whoever said fish can't fly then? They can now

edit on 10-6-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Sweetness. Very Blade Runner-esque.

S & F

I must have one.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Still waiting for those instant-ramen cups from the Cowboy Bebop movie.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great idea but it'll never take off.

Someone might lose a finger when they reach for their lunch. Just a gimmick and no way would it be viable in serving the public with all the health and safety munchkins about.

new topics

top topics

join